• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

We basically need an option off the bench in attack and a box to box midfielder. The rest of the money needs to go on fullbacks and a right sided CB.

If the attacking option is Kono, then great. I've seen us linked heavily with Firminho too, who could also be a good choice, but regardless, we should be able to get at least one in of quality.
Don't pull a Spurs, instead spend lots on absolute quality.

GorillaJu

There's no way that Rodgers is leaving Liverpool, at least over the next few years. He's mentioned several times that he wants to be with us for a very long time.

Jack cw

3,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Klopp has to pay a fine of 10k EUR for another of his rage moments.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Brendan to Barca makes sense for him. i mean, at some point in his career he'll want to win trophies.
This is his chance at having a long term job, he would be a fool to jettison it without a falling out with the owners. Liverpool would be foolish to not hang on to a young promising manager.

Best case at Barca is 2-3 seasons, with a high likelihood of less.
Best case at Liverpool 5+ years, with a likelihood of more.

Salvadora

There's no way that Rodgers is leaving Liverpool, at least over the next few years. He's mentioned several times that he wants to be with us for a very long time.
Realistically, who would be in for him ?

I imagine he wants to stay at Liverpool for a long time but, in fairness, I just can't see many potential destinations (in the near future).

rvy

Banned

Football players and managers are grade-A liars. If Barca offers him a job, he'll take it.

Meier

If the Barca thing is indeed a realistic possibility, I could see him taking it. I mean it's fucking Barca. With that being said, the place I saw the rumor some days ago was The Mirror so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

This is his chance at having a long term job, he would be a fool to jettison it without a falling out with the owners. Liverpool would be foolish to not hang on to a young promising manager.

Best case at Barca is 2-3 seasons, with a high likelihood of less.
Best case at Liverpool 5+ years, with a likelihood of more.

2ccfbe5f_moneyvl.gif

I would assume (hope) our targets have improved greatly since January. Could be a really good summer for us.

One the one hand, I'd normally rather spend big on one player to slot straight into the first 11 and improve us immediately than on 3 players to sit on the bench

On the other, we'll need greater depth next season, and blowing the budget on 2 great players would not necessarily provide so much of that

Plus, it sounds stupid, but I'd like to see the front 5 given the chance to show what they can do in the CL (assuming we get there, could still go tits-up.) Think Sterling's development could stall if we bought Griezmann or someone (let me dream), even though it'd be for the best next season at least.

Konoplyanka/DM/LB

Then get Wisdom and Suso back, and I'm happy

Marc

Didn't his players at Everton adore him?

Didn't Fulham players adore Hodgson?? Lots of similarities really.

World of difference at that level.

The guy is limited, clearly always was, same as Hodge Podge... a disaster waiting to happen for anyone with the most basic football knowledge. Which is why either Fergie was in some major glass bubble with no objectivity at all or this was a deliberate ploy to secure his legacy. Fergie could have put Mourinho in charge and he goes and wins a couple of CL's in a few seasons and made him look a complete fool.

Feorax

Assuming Johnson goes, and Flanagan remains backup LB/RB, could Wisdom come in and be our first choice RB going forward? Or do we need to recruit in the summer?

Hixx

Kevin Friend is reffing our game at Anfield.

He gave them a phantom penalty at the SoL a few years ago (foul was 2 yards outside the box) and of course was the one who sent off Wes Brown for his perfect tackle at Stoke.

It's going to be hard enough without that inept twat reffing it...

Feorax

Kevin Friend is reffing our game at Anfield.

He gave them a phantom penalty at the SoL a few years ago (foul was 2 yards outside the box) and of course was the one who sent off Wes Brown for his perfect tackle at Stoke.

It's going to be hard enough without that inept twat reffing it...

If it's any consolation, he's generally been shite for us too recently.

wedward

Barca aren't interested in Brenden Rodgers. A team like that aren't going to be interested in a manager who has never played in Europe. Unless he is Messi's Dad's best friend.

Assuming Johnson goes, and Flanagan remains backup LB/RB, could Wisdom come in and be our first choice RB going forward? Or do we need to recruit in the summer?

I can see us keeping Johnson and letting him go on a free next year. Doubt anyone will be willing to make a significant offer in the summer

Mastadon

Banned

Wisdom has looked solid for Derby this year. Not sure he's first choice for a CL team, but he'd be great backup. Jack Robinson will be coming back from a good loan spell too. If he can improve his discipline, he could be a first team LB from what I've seen.

L1NETT

Can't see Brendan at Barca. Would like to, but just cannot see it for the life of me. 3/4 of a really good season ain't enough to make that step up to top tier European footy. Give him 2/3 years then let's talk.

---

That UK Xbone bundle. Dayum dayum dayum.

If I could trust MS to deliver me some sweet games i'd jump on that. 300 quid with FIFA...

But I can't, especially after Halo pooped the bed. Need H2A confirmation first.

It's one shop and it MIGHT hit £299 depending on how many people bite. They may need to commit to a £350+ price point in the hopes it drops to £300.

Huh. Can see MS dropping it uniformly at E3 though. Becoming increasingly tempting

Hixx

Can't see Brendan at Barca. Would like to, but just cannot see it for the life of me. 3/4 of a really good season ain't enough to make that step up to top tier European footy. Give him 2/3 years then let's talk.

---

If I could trust MS to deliver me some sweet games i'd jump on that. 300 quid with FIFA...

It's one shop and it MIGHT hit £299 depending on how many people bite. They may need to commit to a £350+ price point in the hopes it drops to £300.

Barzul

---

Huh. Can see MS dropping it uniformly at E3 though. Becoming increasingly tempting

I'm excited for Quantum Break. MS know they need to go all out now that they're in a losing position and they certainly have the cash to do so.

Meier

:lol, donkey. And flopping at Madrid is something Champions League winner Arjen Robben did.

Cornelius flopped at Cardiff for fuck's sake.

Huntelaar is ace.

I actually thought Huntelaar was a lot older than that since he has been at so many clubs. Forgot he's kinda like Zlatan and just moved a lot after short periods. He's got some good years left in him. I think he'd score quite a few in the PL.

jtb

Banned
15m is a lot for an old striker who's not much better than Giroud or Podolski. that would be a terrible transfer, especially if it prevents us from moving for an actual quality striker. he's a stopgap at best, and Giroud's already a shitty stopgap so it's pointless to move for another one.

our best chance at landing a top-ish striker is by landing someone who has "flopped" at a big club, but not Huntelaar. someone like Benzema or Dzeko.

:lol, donkey. And flopping at Madrid is something Champions League winner Arjen Robben did.

Cornelius flopped at Cardiff for fuck's sake.

Huntelaar is ace.

Cornelius just turned 21 yesterday and eh, I wouldn't exactly expect Arsenal to go for such a player, not sure why you're bringing him into it. But that's a 10 years difference. He's not ace, he will have maybe 2 good years left in him... For 15mil. Yeah good luck getting Arsene to bite that bait.

Wilbur

Banned
Kevin Phillips is 110 and still banging in goals for Leicester. Drogba is 87 and Chelsea would still be better with him than their current strikers.

Huntelaar would be a very good signing for 15m I think. For Arsenal, that's nothing.

wedward

15m is a lot for an old striker who's not much better than Giroud or Podolski. that would be a terrible transfer, especially if it prevents us from moving for an actual quality striker. he's a stopgap at best, and Giroud's already a shitty stopgap so it's pointless to move for another one.

Who do you think we are going to try to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom