• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Hernandez seems to have fallen off hard since his breakout season. what happened?

Did you copy and paste this from the Fifa 14 Ultimate team forums?

no, but I did watch Ozil and Ronaldo constantly link up. not unlike Gerrard-Torres. now, Ronaldo seems to have coped with not having that service much better than Torres has, so maybe you could argue Ronaldo made Ozil the same way Gerrard made Torres, but I think there's a world class 10 with Ozil that's currently playing in a team that refuses to utilize his strongest skill.

who would you say is better? don't you dare say Coutinho.

Salvadora

why not? he would be a great fit for Arsenal
Because for a long while he'd come off the bench and score a winner in the 88th minute, something Arsenal sorely lacked.

But now there isn't any goals to gloss over his deficiencies and he cuts a very frustrated figure on the pitch whenever plays. Like, he was always limited, but he got the goals. Now, not so much.

ShogunX

Coutinho innit.

No. I'm not sure you can say anybody is the ''best at through balls in Europe''. There are a lot of top play makers around at the moment and they all influence the game in different ways.

For me Luca Modric is a better player than Ozil purely because of how he can influence a game for long periods rather than drifting in and out of one.

K1LLER7

Hernandez scored some vital goals last season. Even though he didn't play much.

This season he's played very little. Deserves to be a starter at another team. Could see Atletico move for him after Costa leaves.

bud

ozil's an incredible player, but he's suffering from the fact that there isn't much movement in front of him. and wenger's got him playing from the right for some reason even though that didn't work at madrid either.

he's absolutely one of europe's best passers.

jtb

Banned
No. I'm not sure you can say anybody is the ''best at through balls in Europe''. There are a lot of top play makers around at the moment and they all influence the game in different ways.

For me Luca Modric is a better player than Ozil purely because of how he can influence a game for long periods rather than drifting in and out of one.

well, I'm not saying he's the best number 10 in the world, I'm saying he's got great vision at picking and weighing through balls and citing his time at Madrid as evidence of that. do you disagree or are you just saying we can't compare any aspects of any players ever because we're all special little snowflakes?

Hernandez scored some vital goals last season. Even though he didn't play much.

This season he's played very little. Deserves to be a starter at another team. Could see Atletico move for him after Costa leaves.

If Atletico plan to keep challenging for La Liga I don't think Hernandez will be good enough, although I can see him scoring goals a plenty in Spain.

Not gonna get a chance on the pitch my sweet Little Pea so at least do your bit to finish Moyes off.

VLiberty

First time I've seen you here.
Yo! :)

What team do you support?
Hi :D
Yea I'm new to neogaf but I used to lurk this thread when I still wasn't a member

I support Napoli. Torino-Napoli just started, and I have a bad feeling because we lost points with literally every team in the second half of the league. We just draw with Genoa (12th) and Livorno (17th)

Yea I'm new to neogaf but I used to lurk this thread when I still wasn't a member

I support Napoli. Torino-Napoli just started, and I have a bad feeling because we lost points with literally every team in the second half of the league. We just draw with Genoa (12th) and Livorno (17th)

Watch out for Juve-GAF and especially a Napoli hating monster called Yurt.

Jarnet87

Hernandez seems to have fallen off hard since his breakout season. what happened?

no, but I did watch Ozil and Ronaldo constantly link up. not unlike Gerrard-Torres. now, Ronaldo seems to have coped with not having that service much better than Torres has, so maybe you could argue Ronaldo made Ozil the same way Gerrard made Torres, but I think there's a world class 10 with Ozil that's currently playing in a team that refuses to utilize his strongest skill.

who would you say is better? don't you dare say Coutinho.

Hernandez had some injury problems in his 2nd year. Real long first season for him, plus he played in the gold cup. He then got some time off before injuring his head, and a leg injury during the campaign. He's managed to score 20, 12, and 18 goals in his previous seasons. Of course like everyone else on the team this year his production is down

jtb

Banned
Dzeko won't be allowed to move to a PL team this summer at all. We apparently are looking for about 15m for him though and he's expected to go.

how many years are left on his contract? could be tricky finding a buyer for him outside of PSG because of his wages (? I assume they're pretty high).

Shinji Kagawa used to be the best passer of 5 yard passes which would get United fans excited that would annoy Wooden.

But then he got locked up :(

FootballFan

Not bothered by the haters, I'm super fucking psyched for Ground Zeroes. Call it a glorified demo all you want, it's a KojiPro game which means its got a rare level of craft and completeness that so many modern games completely eschew in favor of set pieces.

Games can take time to complete in terms of running from point A, killing the enemies that spawn, watching the cutscene, then running to point B, killing the enemies that spawn, etc.

Or they can take your time because they're sprawling maps with places to explore, dozens of different ways to complete the objectives and encourage you to enjoy playing the game.

MGS games are the latter. They're eminently replayable because of how nuanced and well-designed the levels and game play systems are. I'd rather pay for that than pay for an experience where I play through the storyline and the game mechanics are only there to take me through the campaign.

Ain't that the truth! !!

K1LLER7

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdcSeu_6fE
Dat Sweet Pea ;(

Nice to get new footy-gaffers :)

Think you'll win today. You can't lose to Timurid's team.

Oh and Like Viva said, watch out for Juve-gaf.

ShogunX

well, I'm not saying he's the best number 10 in the world, I'm saying he's got great vision at picking and weighing through balls and citing his time at Madrid as evidence of that. do you disagree or are you just saying we can't compare any aspects of any players ever because we're all special little snowflakes?

You can compare many aspects of players but I would find it hard to crown somebody the best at through balls in Europe. Especially if that crown has come from playing for Real Madrid where the vast majority of matches are not competitive. I'm not saying Ozil isn't a very good player, I'm just saying people who expected him to come to Arsenal and have the same kind of impact he did at Madrid are being a bit naive.

wedward

Ok, but I don't think he was talking about who the better player is.

Just merely one attribute.

3Sixty

Bi8Vvo4IYAABPr-.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

wedward

ozil's an incredible player, but he's suffering from the fact that there isn't much movement in front of him. and wenger's got him playing from the right for some reason even though that didn't work at madrid either.

he's absolutely one of europe's best passers.

He has more pace than Cazorla and can actually beat a man with pace. Seemed to be just a temporary move until we get some players back.

jtb

Banned
You can compare many aspects of players but I would find it hard to crown somebody the best at through balls in Europe. Especially if that crown has come from playing for Real Madrid where the vast majority of matches are not competitive. I'm not saying Ozil isn't a very good player, I'm just saying people who expected him to come to Arsenal and have the same kind of impact he did at Madrid are being a bit naive.

he did it against Barcelona and in Europe too. as for whether Ozil is a good player or not, I don't really give a shit. all I'm saying is that he's being misused in Wenger's current system; if I'm building a team or a system around Ozil or Giroud (assuming Giroud's slow but legendary "link-up" play is mutually exclusive with Ozil's through balls) then I build around Ozil.

and then I buy Ba.

because, my very very first point is that I still want Ba at Arsenal. Ba-Ozil tandem > Giroud-anyone tandem

Zabojnik

Ooooh! Welcome! Are you italian?

I wouldn't worry too much, 3rd place is all but secured.

Zabojnik

Juve-GAF doesn't really hate Napoli that much. :p I still do, but only occasionally. I really only hated Walter 'Piangina' Mazzarri. The cuntest manager of them all.

FootballFan

Welcome!!

As you lurk you probably already know everyone here kisses juve's ass. Hopefully that doesn't bother you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom