• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot

Difference this season is, last year we'd have played this badly, probably against Sunderland, but we'd have lost the match.

Balotelli said this win is for Claudio Lippi, Milan Channel journalist passed away a year ago. Already a whole year, he was a great guy, one of the few likable in that God forsaken channel.
Not only did we get the win but we actually played good. Those 21 interruptions during training by Seedorf worked!
Tomorrow he'll interrupt the training 74 times during the warm-up run alone.

Feorax

Let's be honest, we were always going to have one of these games if we're going for the title.

3pts is all that matters.

TeddyBoy

Good display by Sunderland, could of easily nicked a point tonight.

Super happy with three points, need to step it up against Spurs though.

sohois

Kevin Friend did everything in his power to give Sunderland points there, abysmal performance. Would probably have been a comfortable 3-4 nil with reds and penalties. Oh well.

Not sure what Rodgers was thinking with his sub decisions either. Surprised Gerrard didn't go for a yellow somewhere

3 points is 3 points, but that was dogshit. The warning signs were there for 20 minutes, yet we went deeper and deeper, gave the fullbacks less and less protection, fucked about more and more when we should have put it to bed. The ease with which Ki was finding space behind Gerrard is worrying as fuck.

Make no bones about it, we got fucking lucky tonight, whether Vergini should have been sent off or not. It was like we didn't know whether to stick or twist, ended up half-arsing both and therefore gave away space in the worst possible areas

We have to do better than that, starting in 4 days' time.

That result is more of a relief than anything. Still, 3rd practically guaranteed :D

Diablos54

Damn it Sunderland, you looked like you could have got a second! Now Liverpool are only 1 point behind us fucccccccck!

Hopefully Real go on to lose and Athletico manage to get a goal!

Meier

Couple guys from The Boxer Rebellion took in the West Ham-Hull game tonight. They're excellent, check em out if you aren't familiar. :D

1958512_10152309419900928_42041959_n.jpg

Linius

I think an Arsenal win is better for you to be honest.

Nah, Arsenal win. Its up to us to finish above Arsenal from here, need City to drop as many points as possible though

Yup this. I think City is the stronger one of the two in the race for the title. I can see Arsenal dropping more points left and right the way they're playing right now and Liverpool is already ahead of them anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom