• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Real to drop points is the most important one for me, since Ateltico has to come to Camp Nou still :p

It would be boring if Barca or Real wins the league again....I want a novelty for once and I believe an Atletico victory would be good for spanish football and neutrals

Razor554

Official: Valdes has torn an anterior cruciate ligament and will undergo knee surgery. Valdes will miss the rest of the season, including the world cup in Brazil.

It's a shame he didn't get to say a proper goodbye to fans as this was his last game for Barça.

Linius

I'm hoping Arsenal win too baby, fuck City. Obviously don't want you cunts winning either, but anything that boosts Chelsea's chances is absolutely fine by me.

I just want the oil/gas money to not win silverware and also handing Suarez his PL win.

No to Chelski and City!

Marc

Think Rodgers made a few too many mistakes and not proactive enough, taking Sturridge off lost all the threat in behind up front and they could push on easily from that point. Suarez was poor all game so made even less sense.

Need a Man City-Arsenal tie please.

Aren't you a Liverpool fan? You need an Arsenal win if so.

miserable

Official: Valdes has torn an anterior cruciate ligament and will undergo knee surgery. Valdes will miss the rest of the season, including the world cup in Brazil.

It's a shame he didn't get to say a proper goodbye to fans as this was his last game for Barça.

what? man, that sucks :(

Cappa

Banned

barcelona actually have a shot at winning now!

Meier

I think if Andres was still posting we would have heard more about this Carlos Bacca dude. 13 goals now for Sevilla in his first year there. Not bad!

barcelona actually have a shot at winning now!

Valdes has been great this year, especially in the Champions League. He had so many insane saves in the City tie.

Sane_Man

Think Rodgers made a few too many mistakes and not proactive enough, taking Sturridge off lost all the threat in behind up front and they could push on easily from that point. Suarez was poor all game so made even less sense.

I think the last 10 mins showed why it was the right decision to leave Suarez on. Endless energy and helped us hold onto the ball. It was not subbing Hendo, Gerrard or Allen before the Sunderland goal which was his mistake. They were blatantly knackered.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ja2BIPb.jpg

ShogunX

3 points is 3 points, but that was dogshit. The warning signs were there for 20 minutes, yet we went deeper and deeper, gave the fullbacks less and less protection, fucked about more and more when we should have put it to bed. The ease with which Ki was finding space behind Gerrard is worrying as fuck.

Make no bones about it, we got fucking lucky tonight, whether Vergini should have been sent off or not. It was like we didn't know whether to stick or twist, ended up half-arsing both and therefore gave away space in the worst possible areas

We have to do better than that, starting in 4 days' time.

That result is more of a relief than anything. Still, 3rd practically guaranteed :D

You have to take in to account the lack of experience we have in being in this sort of position in late march as well as the fact that everybody in the stadium was nervous. There hasn't been this sort of pressure on the lads for years so we have to give them a bit of a break when having a go.

nampad

Damn Freiburg did NOTHING in the first half and then score a lucky goal :(
A draw doesn't help HSV and I am really starting to get anxious about the possible relegation. They didn't win against their direct competitors and the last games are against tough teams.

Very surprised that Hoffenheim could get Firmino to sign a new contract.

TeddyBoy

Didn't realise Suarez had ditched the knitwear.

What's his excuse for tonight then? Leather socks?

Suarez is a great player but can have a bad game every now and again. They are mostly when he wants to be selfish in front of goal (so against smaller teams).

Also congratulations to Celtic for winning the SPL!

Timbuktu

Didn't realise Suarez had ditched the knitwear.

What's his excuse for tonight then? Leather socks?

Tried too hard to break Fowler's record tonight, might have given Liverpool another if had passed instead of shoot on a couple of occasions. The ref was a dick to him tonight as well.

You have to take in to account the lack of experience we have in being in this sort of position in late march as well as the fact that everybody in the stadium was nervous. There hasn't been this sort of pressure on the lads for years so we have to give them a bit of a break when having a go.

It just feels like there was a real lack of basic maturity tonight. I'd rather nervousness was converted into hoofs up the pitch like it was in stoppage time, than constantly having 2 or 3 players moving forward onl to dribble straight into the first defender, leaving the team shape all over the place. It was reminiscent of Rodgers' first 4 months tbh in the way the team didn't really seem to have an overriding philsophy dicating the individual phases of play

Personally think Gerrard could have been more vocal and Suarez definitely should have been more of an exemplar in calming the team down. Instead, Suarez was probably the worst of any of our players for turning solid possession for us into easy attacks for Sunderland

These emotions is what football is all about, but I could do without nervous finishes like that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom