• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Seriously they should walk off, you can see by the body language none of them want to be there

Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham

untitled-6nzjs1.gif

Clegg

I don't want to rain on Liverpool's chances, but they still have to play City and Chelsea. If United were in Liverpool's position I still wouldn't be confident.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck right off Spurs. How the fuck are they above us in the league.

We're the same as United, shit at home, decent away, get trashed in big games. We took 4 points off you that's why we're above you.

Blackhead

Redarse
Spurs suck. sack sherwood

Messi has scored more, assisted more and with the exception of a world cup has won more titles than any of the other aforementioned players and is only 27. Just because you can play a pass with your arse doesn't automatically qualify you as being a better player.

Messi can do the tricks and flicks (if you've ever seen him train) but doesn't bother doing them in games because more often than not they slow down the game and don't come off. For every Rabona that leads to a goal there are umpteen that don't. Messi is the best player of all time because he is brutally efficient at everything he does and he doesn't need to embellish it with showboating for YouTube videos and highlight reels. I've watched Rivaldo, Zidane, Baggio, OG Ronaldo and Messi is the best player I've ever seen and the most exciting to watch. And what really stands him out is his consistency. Those other players were great, but were far less consistent than Messi.

Only OG Ronaldo pre 98 WC could touch him. Maradona was as skilful as Messi but wasn't as good a finisher, wasn't as fast and allowed his private life to distract from his on field performances. And certainly wasn't as consistent. In addition Maradona was genuinely one footed. Messi's right foot is a lot better than he's given credit for.

Fwiw the question was not whos the best of all time. the question was who's the most entertaining. any professional footballer can do tricks during warmups like Messi. there are dozens of futsal players that can do more tricks on the beach than messi. the challenge is pulling it off in a real game, against tight defenders, like zidane/maradona/ronaldinho. and zidane was brutally efficient with his tricks too

Ushojax

This squad just has no bottle, these capitulations happened under both managers. There are some good talents but there isn't the character to win a game like this, to even be competitive in a game like this.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fuck right off Spurs. How the fuck are they above us in the league.
They're tomato can crushers. They beat the bad and mediocre teams but look comical against the elite. You guys this year have shit the bed at Old Trafford against anyone.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fuck it,I wanted pool to lose but now I've see spurs I want them to maul them, there is absolutely no fight in their team at all, it's like watching united

Ushojax

Spurs were better under AVB. Also there's no one to Bale them out this year...

Huh? Under AVB we scored less than a goal a game and lost 6 and 5 nil in big games. Sherwood is simply not the man to fix the problems, all these same issues were there under AVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom