• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the player in 98', when I started following the sport, that stood out to me as clearly being better on the ball than just about anyone playing around him.

He was a tactical genius and a technical god. No he wasn't extremely flashy, dribble past an entire opposing team and score a billion goals but he was one of the best, if not THE best, playmaker ever.

Fuck you Lloris :(

Sturridge has been quiet, and needs to learn to manafacture contact. As it is, he's risking stupid challenges from the opposition turning into bookings for himself, and is missing out on free kicks/penalties.

Need that next goal

Oersted

440px-Zinedine_Zidane_and_Marco_Materazzi_%28retouch%29.jpg

The goat

Showaddy

Even by Spurs standards they make a stupid amount of mistakes under Sherwood.

Edit: Holy Shit.

Own goals and individuals errors have attributed for 45.2% of the goals Spurs have conceded in the Premier League this season.

Hixx

Fuck you Lloris :(

Sturridge has been quiet, and needs to learn to manafacture contact. As it is, he's risking stupid challenges from the opposition turning into bookings for himself, and is missing out on free kicks/penalties.

Need that next goal

Yeah he should stop cheating and work on being a better cheat.

TeddyBoy

We started the second half perfectly against Everton and Arsenal at home with an early goal, try to do the same today and get Lucas on for Gerrard for the last half an hour (got to avoid that booking!)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyone who ends their career by headbutting Materazzi is pretty fucking fantastic, really.

All that needs saying.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Zinedine_Zidane_and_Marco_Materazzi_%28retouch%29.jpg/440px-Zinedine_Zidane_and_Marco_Materazzi_%28retouch%29.jpg[IMG]

The goat[/QUOTE]

[quote="Arnie, post: 106315016"]Bang on the money.[/QUOTE]

[quote="subtles, post: 106315025"]Yes. A legend for that alone.[/QUOTE]

[quote="GQman2121, post: 106315064"]In the WORLD CUP FINAL no less! That confidence to give no fucks...[/QUOTE]

YES GUYS

[B]YES[/B].

Fuck that cunt. Wish we could strip him of his medal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's slowly become clear that Vertonghen is a twat, he didn't even attempt to defend the first goal today.

If we get LVG it would be what we need, these players need a manager who has some credibility. Vertonghen and others clearly don't take games seriously enough.

Blackhead

Redarse
Yeah, but that's a ridiculously subjective discussion. I'd argue that Barthez was ridiculously entertaining because he was a clown in goal.

And there's a reason that futsal players don't play professional football, it's because they can do it on a beach, but it's useless in the top levels of the professional game. Hence why Messi doesn't bother. Neither does Ronaldo any more

Want more entertaining? When a player scores a goal? Messi is probably in the top 10 finishers of all time. Chips, controlled pass into the net, lobs, rounding the keeper, rockets from outside the box, headers, volleys, chesting it in... right foot, left foot.

Want more entertaining? When a player makes an outrageous pass. Just watch that pass for Neymar in the Clasico. The perfect angle, pace and power. And he's chipped passes, lobbed passes, 1-2's, headed passes, outside of the foot. Sure he's never bothered with a rabona because Messi has a right foot so it would be totally unnecessary..
ronaldinho is still doing tricks if brazil. messi doesn't because he can't

how many rockets from outside the box and headers has messi scored? you can count them on your fingers

p.s i never mentioned portugese ronaldo. but if you want to go there, he's a more versatile finisher than messi.

Arnie

It's slowly become clear that Vertonghen is a twat, he didn't even attempt to defend the first goal today.

If we get LVG it would be what we need, these players need a manager who has some credibility. Vertonghen and others clearly don't take games seriously enough.
First thing I thought when he went off with that 'injury'.

He just doesn't have the stomach for it. Doesn't give a shit, either.

Fuck him.

Showaddy

Would you with Sherwood in charge? He literally just sends out the players without a single defensive or offensive plan, it makes Redknapp look like a tactical genius.

First thing I thought when he went off with that 'injury'.

He just doesn't have the stomach for it. Doesn't give a shit, either.

Fuck him.

I'm pretty sure he's either not happy with his coach or at Spurs in general. He always gave 110% at Ajax, even though he fucked up once in a while.

I'm seeing this with at least half the Spurs and Man U players.

FootballFan

Zidane/Ronaldinho/Maradona/Ronaldo (OG)/Rivaldo all have better highlights reels than Messi. How many times have you seen Messi do a rabona or a chest/butt pass or a bicycle kick or score from 30+ yards out? Messi reminds me more of Romario i.e. a fantastic technically efficient player

Rabona...lol

my neighbour Thomas can do the rabona lol.

just give the ballon d'or to Taarabt already

Just spent ten minutes reading the 06/07 wiki page. Dat 7-1 Roma win. Hnnnggghhhhh.

God I loved that squad. VDS, Nev, Patty and Heinze, Rooney when he wasn't a cunt, Saha, Park, Larsson, OLE <3333

you forgot pique m8.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Would you with Sherwood in charge? He literally just sends out the players without a single defensive or offensive plan, it makes Redknapp look like a tactical genius.

Jan's been like this all season, I didn't forget the goals he let Navas and Morrison score.

ronaldinho is still doing tricks if brazil. messi doesn't because he can't

how many rockets from outside the box and headers has messi scored? you can count them on your fingers

p.s i never mentioned portugese ronaldo. but if you want to go there, he's a more versatile finisher than messi.

Now you're being silly. I'm not sure if a YouTube video exists with all of Messi's goals but you'll find plenty of them. Though granted less headers, but that's more a function of how Barcelona play and Messi's height than any perceived lack of ability. Loads of outside the box rockets though.

And Ronaldo being a more versatile finisher? Nope, he just scores more headers.

Marc

Haha no.

I hate discussing who was better than who though, pointless discussion.

Agreed, between Shearer and Le God.

Zidane barely scored and barely set up any goals, gets way overhyped for a guy who ONLY worked in attack. Came up with the big goals though.

Showaddy

Jan's been like this all season, I didn't forget the goals he let Navas and Morrison score.

It's not just Jan, most of the players don't give a fuck anymore and I don't blame them. Stupid fucking team selections with non-existent tactics and then Tim will bang on about heart & desire when they're battered 5-0.

GQman2121

Banned
That Spider-Man PS4 footage looks terrible. Why even render the street level if that's the best they can do? They should just keep to the rooftops like the Neversoft game and do something that's actually impressive.

If Ronaldo would have had injury-free career, he probably would be rated higher from that era compared to Zidade. Shame it wasn't meant to be.

Both are schoolboys compared to Messi though.

Nope, both won tons of trophies, one very important one that Messi doesn't have, and also performed extremely well individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom