• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Sturridge is the type that really wants to have an effect on the game, and he's been fairly quiet so far, hasn't seen much of the ball, and its in situations like these that he goes to ground under little to no contact. I hope its just a phase for him.

FootballFan

Didn't Ramos escape a red card yesterday?

jbdQifJg9S0iCS.jpg

nah bro, perfectly legal. Happened early the match too, but wouldn't have made a difference according to Suen. lolol

pathetic.

nah bro, perfectly legal. Happened early the match too, but wouldn't have made a difference according to Suen. lolol

pathetic.

Ramos is a fantastic player, can be a really dominant defender, but dude is fucking clownshoes at times. It's like the oxygen doesn't reach his brain for a minute and he goes batshit insane.

Jimrpg

Huh? Under AVB we scored less than a goal a game and lost 6 and 5 nil in big games. Sherwood is simply not the man to fix the problems, all these same issues were there under AVB.

AVB almost got them in the champions league last season and they look further away at this point in time. Yep he lost those games by big margins but so have Man U arsenal.

Spurs suck. sack sherwood

Fwiw the question was not whos the best of all time. the question was who's the most entertaining. any professional footballer can do tricks during warmups like Messi. there are dozens of futsal players that can do more tricks on the beach than messi. the challenge is pulling it off in a real game, against tight defenders, like zidane/maradona/ronaldinho. and zidane was brutally efficient with his tricks too

Yeah, but that's a ridiculously subjective discussion. I'd argue that Barthez was ridiculously entertaining because he was a clown in goal.

And there's a reason that futsal players don't play professional football, it's because they can do it on a beach, but it's useless in the top levels of the professional game. Hence why Messi doesn't bother. Neither does Ronaldo any more, not because he can't do those tricks but because they are entirely unnecessary.

I'll tell you what's entertaining. When your team wins games, titles and scores goals. By that margin Messi is the best that's ever lived.

Want more entertaining? When a man beats his defender. Messi is probably the best dribbler of all time.

Want more entertaining? When a player scores a goal? Messi is probably in the top 10 finishers of all time. Chips, controlled pass into the net, lobs, rounding the keeper, rockets from outside the box, headers, volleys, chesting it in... right foot, left foot.

Want more entertaining? When a player makes an outrageous pass. Just watch that pass for Neymar in the Clasico. The perfect angle, pace and power. And he's chipped passes, lobbed passes, 1-2's, headed passes, outside of the foot. Sure he's never bothered with a rabona because Messi has a right foot so it would be totally unnecessary.

I loved watching Zidane, Dinho et all play, but I've never been as excited to watch a player as I have Messi. If your definition of entertainment is watching the equivalent of football seal tricks so be it. For the vast majority of us it's not.

Zabojnik

Was Zidane really that good?...Really?

He was certainly a much more interesting footballer to watch than the current C. Ronaldo and Messi. All Messi has going for himself is the insane ball control while running. All he does is run. Everybody knows this.

Salvadora

He was certainly a much more interesting footballer to watch than the current C. Ronaldo and Messi. All Messi has going for himself is the insane ball control while running. All he does is run. Everybody knows this.

And he only scores tap-ins.

"Best player of all time," yeah right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was Zidane really that good?...Really?
Loool Irish Messi you can't be serious. He's the best player I have ever seen live.

But yeah, inconsistent at club level.

how can anyone watch Messi and say he's not entertaining? It's almost as good as watching Adnan really. Madrid's CR7 is the most boring superstar I have ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom