• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

never farm souls!
NHybxIa.gif

So you're saying you actually cheated to get to 99 LVL magic so quickly? Just admit it.

Empty

Most technically proficient English midfielder of his generation, admired by some of the all time great managers and players. Has experience in the position we're desperate to develop players in. Moyes doesn't want him.

Genius.

this is the same philosophy that leads to us having to listen to shearer utter an endless supply of bland cliches on match of the day because he was such a good striker

just because scholes is an outstanding midfielder doesn't mean he's good at teaching players to be better.

3Sixty

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 29s

3: GOAL! @Everton 0-1 #SaintsFCU21s (Ryan Seager)

WOY PLS.

(Get him in the first team!)

Clegg

this is the same philosophy that leads to us having to listen to shearer utter an endless supply of bland cliches on match of the day because he was such a good striker

just because scholes is an outstanding midfielder doesn't mean he's good at teaching players to be better.
When your coaching staff includes Jimmy Lumsden and Phil Neville you should at least try to bring someone in who knows how to trap a football.

arkon

Try him out first. If there's no visible improvements then get rid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So you're saying you actually cheated to get to 99 LVL magic so quickly? Just admit it.

I rarely die when I have souls on me
3AQmK.gif
my other skills are WAY underdeveloped :( it made the game a bit more harder

Most of my deaths are me being fucking stupid and/or arrogant. Like, I was talking to the Firekeeper in a safe zone, pressed circle twice and fell to my death.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
or trying to kill someone* with %1 hp left with my staff.

*a giant fucking dragon

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

hahah. It's all about wine with SAF anyway

Lippi “The first time we met, we were part of a get-together between Europe’s most important Coaches and I remember he said he was impressed by the concentration of my Juve players in the tunnel before games.

“Many times he told me he took Juventus as an example to build his great Manchester team. I don’t speak English, while he speaks a very particular English, so we needed an interpreter. Later we discovered we both spoke French, so were able to communicate that way.

“We’ve got a great rapport and would exchange bottles. He’d send me whisky and I’d send him Italian wine

Fergie and Lippi pls come back

The Llama

hahah. It's all about wine with SAF anyway

Fergie and Lippi pls come back

Hah thats pretty incredible. I wonder how good his French is/was.

As for Mourinho, I wonder if he's still mad he missed out on the Moyeschester United job or if he's glad he didn't have to rebuild their squad.

No new contract in any capacity.

As in, no coaching, no nothing, on your bike get out.

Same reason he wanted Rene, et al. out quick-smart. No easy caretaker options hanging around for the board to look at. Moyes would do okay in a corporate office environment.

Maybe he is a shit coach?

Lets not forget he is a cunt

tumblr_mq8ye82pVX1qc85nuo1_250.gif

Giggs can't be worse than this man surely.

I like the sentiment but in my view the club needs to double down on meritocracy, not sentiment or tradition.

We need the best possible manager and coaching staff first and foremost. There has to be a strong foundation first in order to be able to take a chance on whether these '92 guys actually have any coaching ability.

I hear you, but there's something to be said for the boot-room culture of places like Barca and Bayern. When Moyes came in, there was no reason to completely dismantle a championship-winning backroom staff; that's the kind of thing mid-table managers do when they've been hired to turn around a club's fortunes. (Conversely, managers like Guardiola and Mourinho have demonstrated a coaching balance of their own trusted men and holdovers who know the club inside out in their roving appointments.)

FootballFan

Petulant little shit gets straight reds all the time. It's basically the reason why Capello doesn't trust him enough to start games. Now he may have blown his chance to go altogether.

He got sent off again?... last time I watched him 3-4 weeks ago he got a straight red too.

What a dumbass. Smh.

SHarris78

Gary Neville on Sky Sports talking about City and Liverpool going for the title, "its like choosing which bloke you want to nick your wife".

What a legend.

Why do I feel like Downing, Joe Cole, and Carroll are going to score against us this weekend.

Because something will go wrong and kill our challenge between now and mid-May, and it'll inevitably be the most embarassing thing possible. Suarez will gouge someone's eye out and celebrate by unveiling a Confederate flag tattoo on his arsecheek, or Skrtel will slam a 30 yard thunderbolt into our own net in the last minute against City.

The Llama

Because something will go wrong and kill our challenge between now and mid-May, and it'll inevitably be the most embarassing thing possible. Suarez will gouge someone's eye out and celebrate by unveiling a Confederate flag tattoo on his arsecheek, or Skrtel will slam a 30 yard thunderbolt into our own net in the last minute against City.

The nerves are going to kill me. I can barely watch as it is. And to think, just 2 or 3 months ago I would have been 100% ok with just 4th! Now I want it all!

FootballFan

I hope you're wrong man.

Ynwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom