• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

Tmw will be the day of Götzes redemption. He will see Kagawa and show him that he was always the #1 in dortmund. their long lasting rivalry will come to an end. kagawa will commit sudoku on the bench while götze will is going to score at least
BVB0
9 goals. It's gonna be a festival for a all fans of modern football.

I've cried actual tears just now.

Clegg

Sign of a desperate leader. Trying to consolidate his rules in the midst of mutiny against him. Funny thing is he'll probably be out on his ear this time next season when the players still aren't playing for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
if Moyes wants to fight for his job, this is not the way to go. Results baby, or at the very least show us some positive performances.

-

Forza Sunderland for Hixx and Full Metal Giak!

I'd be happy for Moyes, his coaching staff and all of the '92 chaps to all fuck off out of the club.

Time for something completely different.

I wouldn't mind that either, especially the likes of Giggs and Neville who DO want to be manager, at least ahead of Moyes.

But the likes of Giggs, Neville and Scholes should be a part of the club's future. Whether that's immediately or further down the road in the long term.

Wasn't Butt already in place before Moyes came in though?

yea

Cunt didn't gives Scholes a job either. All those fledglings. Picks P Nev. About right.

Is Scholes' job not official? Now that I think about it, probably not. Butt was in charge of the u19 uefa youth league squad and that is when Scholes was his assistant. Butt's main job is being Warren Joyce's assistant for the u21 team and I don't remember seeing Scholes for those matches.

I remember Scholes going overseas as an ambassador not too long ago.

yea

Is Scholes' job not official? Now that I think about it, probably not. Butt was in charge of the u19 uefa youth league squad and that is when Scholes was his assistant. Butt's main job is being Warren Joyce's assistant.

I remember Scholes going overseas as an ambassador not too long ago.

No. Moyes didn't offer him one.

Scholes was helping out on an informal basis, but he isn't anymore.

I wouldn't mind that either, especially the likes of Giggs and Neville who DO want to be manager, at least ahead of Moyes.

But the likes of Giggs, Neville and Scholes should be a part of the club's future. Whether that's immediately or further down the road in the long term.

I like the sentiment but in my view the club needs to double down on meritocracy, not sentiment or tradition.

We need the best possible manager and coaching staff first and foremost. There has to be a strong foundation first in order to be able to take a chance on whether these '92 guys actually have any coaching ability.

Clegg

No. Moyes didn't offer him one.

Scholes was helping out on an informal basis, but he isn't anymore.
Most technically proficient English midfielder of his generation, admired by some of the all time great managers and players. Has experience in the position we're desperate to develop players in. Moyes doesn't want him.

Genius.

I like the sentiment but in my view the club needs to double down on meritocracy, not sentiment or tradition.

We need the best possible manager and coaching staff first and foremost. There has to be a strong foundation first in order to be able to take a chance on whether these '92 guys actually have any coaching ability.

I get that but I don't think you can take sentiment and tradition out of it completely.

The club fell into it's own trap in appointing Moyes but that shouldn't mean we rid ourselves of it altogether. If these guys want to have a role at the club that option should be available to them. And I do think they can make valuable contributions - purely because they will have an appreciation of so much of what came before.

Obviously there needs to be a balance. If Giggs wants the managers job and will do whatever it takes to get it regardless of who is in charge, that isn't acceptable.

At least in this scenario it will speed us up towards a resolution. If Moyes is demanding that it's either him or Giggs, then there's a clear decision to be made.

index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom