• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

:lol

We need more Ibra gifs

zlatan-laugh-o.gif

tumblr_mo924wR8wC1rdg4zpo1_250.gif

Arnie

Because I've seen more than a few around here lately pining for the likes of Cavani & Costa when you've got two of the best forwards in the world currently and much bigger priority area in your squad.
Read my above post.

The only reason Liverpool fans talk of Costa is because we legitimately tried to get him. Makes more sense than the weirdos who say 'we should sign Costa' when they know full well their club won't go anywhere near the lad.

Nobody says we should go in for him again. Not that we need a player like him. Just that we could very plausibly have had all three of the best strikers in world football at the moment, and that's worth lingering on.

The Llama

Because I've seen more than a few around here lately pining for the likes of Cavani & Costa when you've got two of the best forwards in the world currently and much bigger priority areas in your squad to improve.

We don't need him now, but it made enough sense last summer when we were linked. IMO I think we're fine going into next season with Borini as 3rd choice striker, since if one of Studge/Suarez gets injured we can go back to a more traditional 1 up top.

I agree though, we really need a new midfielder and a new defender or 2 this summer.

pulga

Banned
For two matches I am a Moyes Boy.

GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED

bumfuck these megalomaniac cumrags to oblivion

Salvadora

Read my above post.

The only reason Liverpool fans talk of Costa is because we legitimately tried to get him. Makes more sense than the weirdos who say 'we should sign Costa' when they know full well their club won't go anywhere near the lad.

Nobody says we should go in for him again. Not that we need a player like him. Just that we could very plausibly have had all three of the best strikers in world football at the moment, and that's worth lingering on.
Yeah, thanks for explaining that.

From my recollection I just remembered posters saying they wanted them when it's came up in conversation (without that context). Which miffed me a wee bit because it seemed so unnecessary.

TeddyBoy

Because I've seen more than a few around here lately pining for the likes of Cavani & Costa when you've got two of the best forwards in the world currently and much bigger priority areas in your squad to improve.

I think some people just want a big marquee signing going forward, we'll probably spend fairly big on a CAM who can cover LM/LW and act as impact sub too.

Good luck to us finding this guy mind.

We don't need him now, but it made enough sense last summer when we were linked. IMO I think we're fine going into next season with Borini as 3rd choice striker, since if one of Studge/Suarez gets injured we can go back to a more traditional 1 up top.

I agree though, we really need a new midfielder and a new defender or 2 this summer.

Exactly, should Sturridge get injured, having a CAM who can move across to LM/LW would allow Suarez up top.

We'll have to move a couple defenders on before we sign any new ones.

Looking forward to the United match, lots of goals pls!

The Llama

Love how Manchester United have a nice tifo. Guess it was a smart idea to mark their last home champions league match for a few years.

Mesousa

Banned
Gus Johnson and Erin Wynalda. Its painful.

Yeah I cant do it with them.

Wynalda is awful but Gus takes it to a whole new level.

I've switched to Atletico and Barcelona on fox sports 2. The guy sounds like Bert from the sesame street, but its much better.

I hope they dont have those two doing the Chelsea match tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom