• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Just heard Pep speaking in English. You can't tell me he learned to speak English to go and coach in Germany.

He will rightfully take over from the Engineer one day, it is known. Keep him safe until then Bayern.

pep doesn't coach a team that doesn't at least win the treble the year before he takes over. he's gloryhunting in human form, a veritable pulga of coaches.

Chris Foy is ref

Let's go city.

Listening on BBC Cov and Warwickshire. Love a bit of biased commentary. May have United playing on mute in the background

Line-ups:

Coventry City

Murphy, Christie, Adams, Prutton, Willis, Webster, Baker, Robinson, Eccleston, Moussa, Marshall
Substitutes: Thomas, Delfouneso, McGeouch, Burge, Garner, Haynes, Finch

Bradford City

McLaughlan, Darby, McHugh, Dolan, McArdle, Davies, Bennett, Jones, Stead, McLean, Reach
Substitutes: Thompson, Yeates, Bates, McBurnie, Atkinson, Pollard, Bentley

Slc4LJM.gif

L1NETT

We had another cov fan here...maybe he will return at some point

Moussa? Fuckkkk

Dude is a machine.

If Aaron Mclean scores two goals in two games there might be a fracture in the space time reality.

Into

I might have to stay away from this thread, despite it sure to be a riot with MoyesBoys, just so i can watch Farca against Alt. Madrid after the MoyesBoys unspoiled

Edit: Jesper Gronkjaer has the personality of a doorknob

fuenf

What's up footyGAF and good evening ManU-GAF! :)

Tbh I'm quite excited for tonight's game. Bayern - United matchups are simply special and no matter the circumstances they'll always be one of the most exciting ties imaginable. I've always stated that I've grown quite fond of United since the dark times of '99 and I just wanna say, that I wish you the best of luck UnitedGAF and hope for an exciting matchup.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish that Bayern destroys United and that Kroos scores 4. Your team is clearly inferior and I hate most of your players but nevertheless... I still somehow fear United and isn't that the biggest compliment there is? ;) fuck. And for goodness sake, pls leave Shinji on the bench Moyes and ship him back to Dortmund in next summer.

ibuvjFr4ZweVmQ.gif

come on

bayern. let's do this.

We had another cov fan here...maybe he will return at some point

Moussa? Fuckkkk

Dude is a machine.

If Aaron Mclean scores two goals in two games there might be a fracture in the space time reality.

The match might hang on how well Willis will cope against Stead & Mclean.

Blablurn

What's up footyGAF and good evening ManU-GAF! :)

Tbh I'm quite excited for tonight's game. Bayern - United matchups are simply special and no matter the circumstances they'll always be one of the most exciting ties imaginable. I've always stated that I've grown quite fond of United since the dark times of '99 and I just wanna say, that I wish you the best of luck UnitedGAF and hope for an exciting matchup.

Don't get me wrong, I do wish that Bayern destroys United and that Kroos scores 4. Your team is clearly inferior and I hate most of your players but nevertheless... I still somehow fear United and isn't that the biggest compliment there is? ;) fuck. And for goodness sake, pls leave Shinji on the bench Moyes and ship him back to Dortmund in next summer.

ibuvjFr4ZweVmQ.gif

come on

bayern. let's do this.

ibhVCeVlEWsbnP.gif

Let's do this!

Meier

His last game?

Olympiakos =/= Bayern though.

Looks like you guys did end up signing that Musa Yahaya kid from Nigeria and promptly loaned him to Celta Vigo. Do you all have some sort of feeder agreement with them? I was very impressed with his highlight real from the U-17 World Cup. Seems like he could be a real star in the future.

Gus Johnson and Eric Wynalda calling the game on Fox. Kill me now.

Brutal.

Jack cw

The Bayern hate is strong in this thread. I really hope we show a decent perfornance and decimate United. I say 6-0 Bayern.

The Llama

But why?

You've got Suarez & Sturridge. Been a bit baffled by Liverpool GAF wanting another forward.

Why? I mean, at the time it seemed smart to have 3 forwards, since Sturridge is/was injury prone and Suarez is... Suarez. But both have been as reliable as we could have possibly wished for, so obviously in retrospect it wasn't necessary.

We always needed a midfielder more, or someone to basically play where Sterling does for us (but better, for now).

And our goalkeeper vs his own brain. Utter knob.

We've been pretty lucky with goalkeepers in recent years. Murphy has been a good successor for Westwood. Before that we had a few years of going through dozens of keepers. Defenders act more reassured when there is a stable presence behind them.

Salvadora

Why? I mean, at the time it seemed smart to have 3 forwards, since Sturridge is/was injury prone and Suarez is... Suarez. But both have been as reliable as we could have possibly wished for, so obviously in retrospect it wasn't necessary.

We always needed a midfielder more, or someone to basically play where Sterling does for us (but better, for now).
Because I've seen more than a few around here lately pining for the likes of Cavani & Costa when you've got two of the best forwards in the world currently and much bigger priority areas in your squad to improve.

I like your optimism united gaf. I hope the team gives us a good fight.

So do I.

Nothing much more can really go for old ginger bollocks seeing as everyone has written us off.

But a poor display and shit tactics will really piss the fans off and he can't afford anymore of thst.

fuenf

I have a similar feeling to be honest. Ronney might be the gamechanger. Let's see.

there's the possibility of him scoring another 50yarder against us but other than that we should rule them quite easily. at first I didn't like seeing Lahm in midfield once again but it makes perfect sense and if needed the Götze can still be unleashed in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom