• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

You're either completely deluded or talking out of your arse. Nobody else?! He's such a boring manager.

SIzwYkR.png

The score line was important, if we can get back on our run before the Villa game we can hopefully catch City's goal difference.

Not much to say about today really, Wenger is the one that chooses not to sign players that will increase the size of their squad and provide them with options, something is obviously going wrong behind the scenes for players to get injured so regularly... great win and I don't think we needed to get out of second gear.

Even with the injuries they have, thats not excuse for the result.

jtb

Banned
honestly, from a football perspective, this was a worse defeat than the 8-2. Wenger has a lot to answer for after that.

honestly, from a football perspective, this was a worse defeat than the 8-2. Wenger has a lot to answer for after that.

I never saw the 8-2, but I think Man Utd played with a lot of intensity and ruthlessness in it. Chelsea never even got into second gear let alone first, and they swatted you aside with ease :s

Arnie

Picked a shit game to sleep through.

But just so we're all crystal clear when people write off Arsenal and say they don't have the mental strength to sustain anything ultimately meaningful it's results like this that we're referring to.

Arsenal are mentally soft.

jtb

Banned
I never saw the 8-2, but I think Man Utd played with a lot of intensity and ruthlessness in it. Chelsea never even got into second gear let alone first, and they swatted you aside with ease :s

the 8-2 was a freak game and a freak result. I think both teams had like 20 shots on goal each, it was absurdly open. that was more a symbolic result; the total failure of Wenger's philosophy, his inability to build a team, his complete lack of transfer activity, injuries, selling Nasri/Fabregas and running down RVP's contract, etc.

this was just bad. like you said, Chelsea crushed us and they didn't even try. and the team, while not full-strength, was still respectable (basically our squad from last season, which never got crushed like this then...).

But just so we're all crystal clear when people write off Arsenal and say they don't have the mental strength to sustain anything ultimately meaningful it's results like this that we're referring to.

this was just like the Liverpool game, not a mental failure but a tactical one. Wenger keeps making the same appalling decisions over and over again. He set the team up to fail and play directly into Mourinho's hands.

Hixx

@Blyth_Spartans 57s
Boris Bonket named in the squad for the first time - he's a striker who has just moved to the North East from London

What a fucking name!!

Just woke up and saw that score...wow O.O

If Villa beat Chelsea 1-0 and they beat Arsenal 6-0, does that mean we win 7-0?

Nah, the clean sheets make the multiplication that's necessary impossible I think

eg, if you'd beat Chelsea 2-1, and they beat Arsenal 6-0, that'd mean you'd have beaten Arsenal 12-0 or something :p

avaya

No, the biggest problem is that the manager is delusional, the players have no discipline and he doesn't use drugs.

:lol, it was Ox who gave the ball way for both of the first 2 goals. Then he gave a penalty/goal away and got Gibbs sent off

1/10 performance, and that's being kind.

wedward

I'm not going to get into which teams use them and which don't, because we have no way of knowing

PED's are probably rampant in football. No reason for them not to be.

Lax testing, tons of money, high pressure, need for quick recovery because of huge amount of games. You'd be crazy not to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom