• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

Wenger you are an absolute cunt. Ruined our goal advantage over Chelsea. I honestly hope Spurs or Everton pip Arsenal to fourth now, and I despise both those teams.

jesalr

Hes made a deliberate attempt to cheat, hes done it because he thinks its going in, how is it not unfair? You cant let players stay on the pitch when they do that.

The example I gave previously is: If Ox stays on and gets a yellow card, he can do it again he shouldnt be given the chance to do it again. All this sin bin nonsense that Platini's is BS as well.

I should say, im in full support of any of our players getting sent off for it too.

I'm not saying the action wasn't unfair. It's clearly unfair. That's why a penalty was given. The rule gives Chelsea an advantage (not an unfair one, mind) regardless of if the ball was going in or not. Chamberlain tried to cheat. In doing so, he gave away a penalty when Arsenal weren't going to concede. That's the punishment. If it was on target, the punishment is the red, and the penalty is to return the goal scoring chance that was stolen.

Wilbur

Banned
That's an amazing stat.

50 percent of their goals conceded have come at City/Liverpool/Chelsea; the other 17 in 27 games.

The Llama

At least Arsenal will get to retain their 4th place trophy!

And Liverpool won't have to bother with the last qualifying round of the CL.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
arsenal implosions or united having a shit season. which is the more hilarious one???

Arsenal by the smallest margins. United at least could argue injuries and a new management for their woes. Not a real excuse for a top tier team, but it's one they could make. Arsenal has the same manager, injection of good new players, started the season really good, and now hammering out some shit performances.

Edit: actually I've changed my mind. We've lost to teams we had no business losing to. Even with injuries we should beat Cardiff City and the likes. So United by far.

Wilbur

Banned
United have definitely had a worse season than Arsenal. Arsenal have a real chance of winning the FA Cup and they'll get the CL place again.

I have never felt sorry for Arsenal fans. I also got annoyed when they complained about only finishing 4th league but today I have had a change of heart. Perhaps it is easier to follow a team that has absolutely no chance of winning the league compared to one that has a remote chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom