• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont honestly see how this game can go well, why Wellbeck isnt playing is a mystery to me, Moyes is practically asking Young and Kagawa to put in a performance when there is no evidence they will, its rolling the dice when you have two players on the bench who will 100%.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even understand what the fucking problem is. He didn't say he's rotating the two, he said he's asking two of them to help out. Carrick will play CB because he's played there before, Fellaini will stay deep and help out if needs be. You're all extrapolating nonsense you fucking whelks.

Blablurn

Nooruddean ‏@BeardedGenius 1m
Interesting. Moyes has invented the false 5.

lol

ibrBxdpuatwVIu.gif

Why? What's so silly about that? Fellaini will stay well deep today and help out.

Because he's asking 2 CMs to play a position they're not comfortable with AND asking them to rotate throughout the match. It's a recipe for disaster.

Moyes on team: " I am asking Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini to both fill in at centre-back today."

L1NETT

Aaron mclean how the fuck was he playing in the premier league for hull.

Parky you twat. Transfer wise he's god awful.

--

Hopefully United will give me a good laugh.

I dont honestly see how this game can go well, why Wellbeck isnt playing is a mystery to me, Moyes is practically asking Young and Kagawa to put in a performance when there is no evidence they will, its rolling the dice when you have two players on the bench who will 100%.

I'm actually glad he benched Welbeck for this game. At least he finally plays Rooney up front. Welbeck will play against City anyways.

Sane_Man

I don't even understand what the fucking problem is. He didn't say he's rotating the two, he said he's asking two of them to help out. Carrick will play CB because he's played there before, Fellaini will stay deep and help out if needs be. You're all extrapolating nonsense you fucking whelks.

I'm surprised people mocked me for taking your Moyes post seriously when you continue to post insane shit like this.

Wilbur

Banned
Because he's asking 2 CMs to play a position they're not comfortable with AND asking them to rotate throughout the match. It's a recipe for disaster.

Moyes on team: " I am asking Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini to both fill in at centre-back today."

He's asking Carrick to play in a position because the rest of our centre backs are injured, much like Fergie did.

And where does he say he's asking for rotation? For all we know that just means staying close to the centre backs a la Busquets. Maybe he's playing three at the back.

Fucking picking on him for every single decision now, what else can he do when we have no other fit centre backs? Would you rather Rio played today and then sits out the City match while we do what we've done here?

doicare

I'm sure West Ham will get lucky (i.e. outplay you) somewhere as well!
The sad thing is most people round here can't tell the difference between luck and getting outplayed, but hey at least you agree United have got horrible injuries again so that's something.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm surprised people mocked me for taking your Moyes post seriously when you continue to post insane shit like this.

Insane shit like what?

That he might be asking a centre midfielder to help out a centre midfielder in defence because we have no other fit centre backs?

THATS FUCKING BARMY THAT IS

was there some particular reason for sterling to be upset/surprised? why would he not expect suarez to go for a hattrick in the last minute of the match?

Think it was just youthful frustration at:

- Feeling he needs goals to pssoibly start for England at the World Cup
- Busting his bollocks to make the ground up and offer himself
- Offering a 100% chance to score, and Suarez opting for the 80%
- Instant reaction
- Maybe even feeling he has to play himself back into the team (wrongly, hopefully) and goals would help

I'm sure he calmed down straight afterwards.

He's asking Carrick to play in a position because the rest of our centre backs are injured, much like Fergie did.

And where does he say he's asking for rotation? For all we know that just means staying close to the centre backs a la Busquets. Maybe he's playing three at the back.

Fucking picking on him for every single decision now, what else can he do when we have no other fit centre backs? Would you rather Rio played today and then sits out the City match while we do what we've done here?

Fine, play Carrick there, I know he has to given the injuries. But my interpretation of his comments (and I'm not alone in this) is that both he and Fellaini will rotate. If he's asking them to do it then I think it's a very silly move. Pick one or the other to play there.

Sane_Man

Insane shit like what?

That he might be asking a centre midfielder to help out a centre midfielder in defence because we have no other fit centre backs?

THATS FUCKING BARMY THAT IS

Stop crying, bro. I know United have been depressing this season but you're acting pathetic.

Wilbur

Banned
Fine, play Carrick there, I know he has to given the injuries. But my interpretation of his comments (and I'm not alone in this) is that both he and Fellaini will rotate. If he's asking them to do it then I think it's a very silly move. Pick one or the other to play there.

I think we should wait until the match starts instead of assuming he's gone all fucking Pep on us. I took it to mean Fellaini will be playing very deep and helping out when needs be, which will be extremely often.

torres for liverpool
102 games, 65 goals

suarez for liverpool
102 games, 66 goals

he had a point to prove fellas!

Even more impressive when you consider he scored just 15 league goals in his first 18 months. 51 in the last 2 seasons, counting this present one as a full season

Didn't realize Torres scored that many goals. Did he ever finish top scorer in the league?

Nah, Ronaldo beasted in his first season, and his fitness was all over the place in the seasons following :(

We'd have won the league if he was fit for more of 08/09

Wilbur

Banned
Stop crying, bro. I know United have been depressing this season but you're acting pathetic.

I'm doing no such thing; you're unable to read sarcasm on the internet and then you're piling on me for being insane when I'm suggesting a thing like playing a centre back out of necessity. Fucking hell lool, you and Phoenix Fang in quick succession today, what's going on

LTWheels

nope, ronaldo was top scorer in 2007-08 with 31, whilst torres was on 24.

IF we sell him for 100 million british pounds stirling. besides, he wouldnt be the vocal point of attack if ronnie is there :p

For any team to get the best out of Suarez, he needs to be the focal point of the team because of how unorthodox he plays. I actually don't think he would work as well in Madrid's team as the team is based around Ronaldo.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This Titanfall commercial is terrible, it has this pretty nice looking CGI titan follow a guy around town, then cuts to game footage that, honestly, looks terrible, especially in comparison. Who would greenlight such a commercial?

Sane_Man

I'm doing no such thing; you're unable to read sarcasm on the internet and then you're piling on me for being insane when I'm suggesting a thing like playing a centre back out of necessity. Fucking hell lool, you and Phoenix Fang in quick succession today, what's going on

No, you're getting stupidly defensive about a decision which has been unanimously mocked by everyone other than yourself.

sohois

The sad thing is most people round here can't tell the difference between luck and getting outplayed, but hey at least you agree United have got horrible injuries again so that's something.

Have you watched every United game, or close to every game, this season?

I try to forget the fact he managed us. I think we scored something like 9 goals at home all season.

Your results were decent under him though, weren't they? Not like you could really hope for much better until the money started pumping in.

This Titanfall commercial is terrible, it has this pretty nice looking CGI titan follow a guy around town, then cuts to game footage that, honestly, looks terrible, especially in comparison. Who would greenlight such a commercial?
Graphics are shit but the gameplay is great.

The ad is shit though I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom