• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Anyone thinking the possible sale of Lukaku, is because he isn't seen as a good enough striker, are crazy.

And if you sell Messi for reasons other than his ability to win games, then you are fucking nuts.

Not saying he is Messi but he is by far better than anything Chelsea have and the decision to move him on because of some pen in a friendly is mental. The reasons are not good in any case.

You would be coasting the league with him up front, easily in my mind. With Mou and Chelsea it has always been the grass is greener with other clubs young players.

ibxjYrjJd96IfM.gif

Unbelievable.

Wouldn't even bet on us to beat Sheffield United in the cup final, let alone Wigan or Hull..

Wenger needs to fuck off. It's clear the players are simply bored of playing for him.

GorillaJu

That was a late tackle from Flamini, but watching it in slow motion, Naismith completely anticipates the contact and is going down well before he's touched.

It's hilarious how ingrained it is in footballer's brains "I'm entitled to go down."

EliCash

It's that they are mentally soft and arrogant.

Beat up on the weak teams but don't realise their defense needs work!

I think Arsenal would perform poorly against any team right now. I don't think it's as simple as they could only perform against weak teams and then they had to meet quality opposition.

...I think I'm going to order a pack of 50 stickers from their website.

Is it actually a big pack of 50 stickers so you won't get any replicas in the same pack, or is it a pack of 5 packs?

Everton beasting thankfully. Need them to have something to fight for when City go to Goodison, and it makes the 4th pot chase exciting. We're only 2 results from being dragged into it though :x

Jimrpg

I think Arsenal would perform poorly against any team right now. I don't think it's as simple as they could only perform against weak teams and then they had to meet quality opposition.

Actually yes this more so. They are probably not in such good form and also they've had a champions league campaign so Everton may be fresher.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It is hundreds of pages of evidence and testimony, it'll take more than a second and it will disabuse of the notion that sport is clean since even the best drugs testing regime in the world has no chance of catching a determined user. Then you realise football doesn't have even a fraction of the testing regime that cycling has, then you realise what you see is totally fake.

pretty sure every big club is doping, but to a lesser extent.

And thankfully Football is not that reliant on performance enhancing drugs, you need much more than that to win a game. Skills, tactics etc.

Yen

Wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal got something out of this (I'm not watching the game though so who cares what I think, it's not an informed decision)

avaya

so... why do you still watch football then?

Still great to watch. You just know the tangible differences between teams is nothing to do with "training" or really even "tactics" it's more to do with what doping regime they are on.

For instance this Bayern team is fucking god-tier, better than any of the Barca sides and it's because instead of a bunch of Spanish midgets with no real athletic base to build off Pep this time can bring superior doping to an already athletically powerful team. The result is scary and impressive.

I hope you beat the Mancs, losing to Moyes would be unacceptable.

Still great to watch. You just know the tangible differences between teams is nothing to do with "training" or really even "tactics" it's more to do with what doping regime they are on.

For instance this Bayern team is fucking god-tier, better than any of the Barca sides and it's because instead of a bunch of Spanish midgets with no real athletic base to build off Pep this time can bring superior doping to an already athletically powerful team. The result is scary and impressive.

I hope you beat the Mancs, losing to Moyes would be unacceptable.

Pep's best Barca would smash the fuck out of this Bayern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

yet they still flopped to Manchester's Everton.

Kikarian

They drew against us. We should have won as well if Welbeck didn't do that stupid chip.

LegoArmo

No one understands the "interfering with play" rule, pundits talking out of their arses and changing their opinions when it suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom