• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you sell Messi for reasons other than his ability to win games, then you are fucking nuts.

Not saying he is Messi but he is by far better than anything Chelsea have and the decision to move him on because of some pen in a friendly is mental. The reasons are not good in any case.

You would be coasting the league with him up front, easily in my mind. With Mou and Chelsea it has always been the grass is greener with other clubs young players.

Well in the summer Chelsea will definitely get another forward in. For this season it has been stated several times that Lukaku didn't want to stay and compete with the current forwards, so he asked for a loan and got it. He wasn't forced out because of a penalty as a lot of people try to imply, it's only a few days ago he was out saying he wanted to go out on loan himself as he wanted to be assured he would play. Which Chelsea certainly shouldn't give any promises of, although it looked likely as Torres is still dead and Ba was on his way out, hopefully now that the board has seen Torres is also dog shit under Mourinho, they will be willing to try and sell him.

That's not to say the decision to let Lukaku go this season wasn't silly, especially since none of the other strikers got the qualities Mou usually demands either... and as I said, I wish he would have stayed and I hope he isn't sold in the summer and I hate that he still hasn't gotten a proper chance here. But with Mourinho system, or at least that's what he believes, he needs the right mentality for the whole team, and he has zero tolerance towards players questioning that... and in the end I believe Mourinho will create the better team out of it, and if Costa comes in and scores as he does now, Lukaku would quickly be forgotten.

Portugeezer

Nobody will take Bebe.

He will get the #7 at United. Become the POTY and win the Balon D'or 5 times.

liga_pacos_ferreira_3-1_arouca_bebe_golo.gif

Bebe masterclass

avaya

And thankfully Football is not that reliant on performance enhancing drugs, you need much more than that to win a game. Skills, tactics etc.

This is unbelievably naive. Physical fitness, the ability to recover between matches are crucial to winning anything over any season. Guardiola's teams without their level of pressing would be no different to a Van Gaal 1999 Barcelona.

Having a physical edge both in terms of strength and stamina is crucial to winning in football. It is by far the largest factor since you are never going to be at the same fitness level at the 70th minute vs. the 10th minute. Or the 50th game of the season vs. the 5th.

Why do you think people complain about tight fixture schedules? Unless you are physically prepared your chances of winning are heavily diminished, no matter how skillful you are or whatever tactics you use.

Games are by an large decided by small margins and the edge given to you by doping is absolutely indisputable.

Football is as reliant on PEDs as cycling, since once someone dopes you are not going to beat them without doping too. From the comments of the most notorious doctors in clycing, the level of PED use in football is on another planet, which is not even surprising considering the non-existent blood testing regime.

:lol@people falling for OddMorsel's troll post in the 'Incompetent Attempts to Sexualise Game Characters' thread.

At least, I hope it was trolling :p

GQman2121

Banned
Well in the summer Chelsea will definitely get another forward in. For this season it has been stated several times that Lukaku didn't want to stay and compete with the current forwards, so he asked for a loan and got it. He wasn't forced out because of a penalty as a lot of people try to imply, it's only a few days ago he was out saying he wanted to go out on loan himself as he wanted to be assured he would play. Which Chelsea certainly shouldn't give any promises of, although it looked likely as Torres is still dead and Ba was on his way out, hopefully now that the board has seen Torres is also dog shit under Mourinho, they will be willing to try and sell him.

That's not to say the decision to let Lukaku go this season wasn't silly, especially since none of the other strikers got the qualities Mou usually demands either... and as I said, I wish he would have stayed and I hope he isn't sold in the summer and I hate that he still hasn't gotten a proper chance here. But with Mourinho system, or at least that's what he believes, he needs the right mentality for the whole team, and he has zero tolerance towards players questioning that... and in the end I believe Mourinho will create the better team out of it, and if Costa comes in and scores as he does now, Lukaku would quickly be forgotten.

Wooden, always so sensible.

Yes, the idea that Mou forced him to go out on loan because of the Super Cup pen is absurd. He wanted the move and got it. It's that simple.

No one knows what the future holds for him right now. The rumors of agents talking with clubs is nothing but speculation. However, I'm sure his place in the team is at the top of the list for Gourlay and Mourinho as soon as the window opens. I want him to stay and be paired with whomever we go after.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love how Sagnas appealing stopped him from anticipating the follow up shot there

santi_yo

Better late than never:

holy shit there's a Betis fan here. Have you posted here before? Otherwise welcome!

Yeah this season has been the direct opposite of last season. What changed so much in the summer? I don't see you guys getting out of the relegation zone, it's a shame because I like Betis, one of the teams in La Liga who can be full of surprises.

Thanks!

It's a long story. Nobody knows exactly what happened to Real Betis but the club have been in a shitty economic situation for almost 10 years. We had a really huge corruption problem. After our Centenary celebrations (2007) almost 100.000 people went over the streets of Seville trying to 'overthrow' the president Lopera and his corrupt crew.

After many years of staving off relegation, Betis finally was relegated to Segunda División. Then in 2009 a judge froze Lopera's shareholdings and gave the power to a group entrepreneurs with no idea of ​​football.
We had one promising defender, called Miki Roque (he played for Liverpool) and sadly he died of cancer. That was a very hard blow to the moral of the whole team and fans. Our coach, Pepe Mel (now in West Bromwich I think) did a great job with limited resources.

Back in La Liga we got a few good players, most of which were loans like Santa Cruz, Joel Campbell, etc. Only players like Rubén Castro (70 goals in 3.5 seasons) helped the team, but the lack of talent and the ludicrous administration caused the situation we are suffering right now. Not to mention how unlucky we are this season. I mean, we played against our archenemy in Uefa Europa League and we lost in a last minute penalty shoot-out. And look at what happened yesterday. All Barcelona goals were penalty shoots and our defender's own goal.

And now we are dealing with a painful relegation. Again. Almost 40.000 people go every weekend to the stadium just to suffer. It's sad. So sad.

a Betis fan? welcome and settle in the thread :)
Don't let relegation put you off being on footyGAF

Alright. I read footy GAF ocasionally. I'm not sure if there is enough room here for teams other than Barça/Madrid/Bayern/ManU/Arsenal/City/Chelsea/Juve... But I'll try ;)

Fintan

Wooden, always so sensible.

Yes, the idea that Mou forced him to go out on loan because of the Super Cup pen is absurd. He wanted the move and got it. It's that simple.

No one knows what the future holds for him right now. The rumors of agents talking with clubs is nothing but speculation. However, I'm sure his place in the team is at the top of the list for Gourlay and Mourinho as soon as the window opens. I want him to stay and be paired with whomever we go after.

I'd like something like Eto'o, Lukaku and Costa next season. I haven't seen much of Bamford, but his stats are really good. Maybe a Premier League loan would be best? Stick with Derby if they come up.

Better late than never:

Thanks!

It's a long story. Nobody knows exactly what happened to Real Betis but the club have been in a shitty economic situation for almost 10 years. We had a really huge corruption problem. After our Centenary celebrations (2007) almost 100.000 people went over the streets of Seville trying to 'overthrow' the president Lopera and his corrupt crew.

After many years of staving off relegation, Betis finally was relegated to Segunda División. Then in 2009 a judge froze Lopera's shareholdings and gave the power to a group entrepreneurs with no idea of ​​football.
We had one promising defender, called Miki Roque (he played for Liverpool) and sadly he died of cancer. That was a very hard blow to the moral of the whole team and fans. Our coach, Pepe Mel (now in West Bromwich I think) did a great job with limited resources.

Back in La Liga we got a few good players, most of which were loans like Santa Cruz, Joel Campbell, etc. Only players like Rubén Castro (70 goals in 3.5 seasons) helped the team, but the lack of talent and the ludicrous administration caused the situation we are suffering right now. Not to mention how unlucky we are this season. I mean, we played against our archenemy in Uefa Europa League and we lost in a last minute penalty shoot-out. And look at what happened yesterday. All Barcelona goals were penalty shoots and our defender's own goal.

And now we are dealing with a painful relegation. Again. Almost 40.000 people go every weekend to the stadium just to suffer. It's sad. So sad.

Alright. I read footy GAF ocasionally. I'm not sure if there is enough room here for teams other than Barça/Madrid/Bayern/ManU/Arsenal/City/Chelsea/Juve... But I'll try ;)

Rank Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in order of preference, and why.

We'll make room for you, we can trade Suen out

Christ, Arsenal.

Marc

Hahaha! Awesome, should have had a pen earlier as well.

Will respond Woods, just been busy watching. :D

Wenger made no changes at all despite being bossed, gutless manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom