• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I think 7 or 8 clubs in the PL have expressed a desire for Standing, United being the only "big" team though (and that's debatable). It would be a great move for all - more fans in the stadium and a better atmosphere.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd happily stand all game at a football match. Was fucking pissing me off so much how the Bayern fans were standing all game and I stand up for ten seconds and the stewards are having a go. Fuck that.

elseanio

United have been pushing for safe standing since September or October. Remember when they reached out to the fans to try and spice up the atmosphere? Safe standing, singing sections trials, etc... were all an effort to liven up the atmosphere. Looks like they have received backing from other clubs.

I remember there being something on 19 out of 20 clubs were supposedly in favour of it - Could take an educated guess that the one team not in favour would be Liverpool, given the strong opposition from the HFSG (Specifically Margaret Aspinall making a statement on it during one of the Hillsborough memorials)

I'm a bit embarrassed about this but I've got it mixed up. It's not a safe standing zone that's being introduced (although I'm pretty sure United are interested in setting up one of those too). United are introducing a singing section next season rather than safe standing.

Liverpool introduced a singing section, offered to move current season ticket holders in there, and then there is an allocation every game for fancard holders. It's been excellent, I always try get my ticket in 304/305/306.

3Sixty

_74097935_74097789.jpg

arkon

Guys, 10 years ago the greatest comeback of all time took place:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWOxJ_zm_Uk

The best Milan of the last decade and current CL champion, crumbled against a humble team called Deportivo de la Coruña.

I could not believe what I was seeing in that game at the time and I wanted them to go all the way that year. Really liked watching that Deportivo team. They had some great matches in the CL.

Really? That was quick.

I wasn't being serious. You said Houghton and he (Ray Houghton) does some work for talksport.

scum pls ;_;

Yen

I remember there being something on 19 out of 20 clubs were supposedly in favour of it - Could take an educated guess that the one team not in favour would be Liverpool, given the strong opposition from the HFSG (Specifically Margaret Aspinall making a statement on it during one of the Hillsborough memorials)

There's a huge difference between standing in the 80s and standing now. I would hope that once the rest of the league trials it, and it is deemed to be safe and successful, then Liverpool would follow. A standing Kop would be amazing.

elseanio

No you can get up there, but I'd argue it's more dangerous everyone jumping out of their seat at the same time than already standing innit.

Even more dangerous standing the whole game in seated areas, and going mental when your team scores. The "singing section" of the Kop ie 304/305/306 stand for every game, and the stewards have stopped telling people to sit in these blocks. You can't be against it and then not enforce it at all. Same goes for the away section.

In big games, the whole Kop is standing. Guarantee they will be on Sunday. They should make it safer by backing safe standing, or step up on enforcing people to sit.

There's a huge difference between standing in the 80s and standing now. I would hope that once the rest of the league trials it, and it is deemed to be safe and successful, then Liverpool would follow. A standing Kop would be amazing.

Would be a bold move for the club to go against the wishes of the HFSG. They're not just silent on the issue, they have made statements opposing it. I do hope the current owners don't ignore it completely though, it should definitely be considered when redeveloping Anfield or designing a new stadium.

Clegg

John Cross says Kroos has told his teammates that he wants to join United in the summer.

How he is the one to know this whilst nobody in Germany is reporting it, I do not know.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's look at the first sentence:

I'm sorry, he's always been that. This is nothing new. Klopp losing his shit is old news. Most of the article just cites statements and facts, but it could use more context (e.g. the "FC Hollywood" moniker is a pretty outdated one). The whole premise is just a weak one.

It's a short article primarily based on fact and quotations the eve before a team that seems to have captured the British football watching public's imagination play. It's fine for what it is.

jesus christ i wish i hadnt posted it

subtles

It would be demoralizing after everyone went on about needing to be in the CL to attract a different caliber of player only for United to have a GOAT transfer window.

Hopefully the WC brings a few new talents into the fold.

Arnie

It would be demoralizing after everyone went on about needing to be in the CL to attract a different caliber of player only for United to have a GOAT transfer window.

Hopefully the WC brings a few new talents into the fold.
They're managed by David Moyes.

They can buy who the fuck they want.

They're managed by David Moyes.

They can buy who the fuck they want.

Except all the players that don't want to come and play under Moyes. Which excludes GOAT players.

You can imagine United being this mud, it symbolizes what would happen to their careers there

iltcZyM.gif

Scum

3Sixty, did you manage to find your keys and weed? Bet you left them in the toilets with her, innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom