• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
This week, 6 years ago.

I guess Barca and ManU are going to join the semi-final.

The good thing:

- This time we have 4 good teams

The bad thing:

- 3 of them are British :p
- There is no Bayern Munich

Just wait till we arrive at the Champions League next season!!!!

This week, 6 years ago.

lol a few posts under Bla's

United are linked with Ezequiel Garay today. He's an Argentinian centre back, 21, plays for Santander. Barcelona were supposedly favourites for him, now it's being reported that they've pulled out of any move, making United the new favourites. He has a reputation as a goalscoring centre back. Would cost quite a lot, perhaps as much as £15m.

Ferdinand and Vidic are only 29 and 26, and in their position that probably gives them another 5-9 years left, but perhaps Fergie would rotate Garay in as he has with Nani and Anderson, despite the experienced players in their positions.

United fans were complaining about central defensive cover, perhaps this is the solution. United don't have to pay for Tevez until summer 2009, so I guess they're free to pay big for a few players this year. Garay, Bosingwa and a striker? Sell the likes of Saha (new striker + Manucho maybe getting his work permit + keeping Frazier Campbell if needed = not needed), Evans or Pique, Dong and Eagles to cover some of the costs.

We have seen them linked with Ben Arfa too though, so those positions (CB, RB, FW) aren't set. I can't believe even United have the money to buy across 4 expensive positions though.

Dat eternal Garay target.

Blablurn

This week, 6 years ago.

iqz3aO0PzqkK.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mourinho really needs to tone down the rhetoric, hes becoming quite moody

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Shakey start from Chelsea, hope they dick on PSG though

L1NETT

NIALL QUINN

Can we start a kickstarter to stop people employing him

--

Can't see Chelsea doing it

But ya never know

arkon

Chelsea know what they need to do which makes things easier for them. In some ways you'd prefer to be in their position going into this.

Mr Cola

Chelsea know what they need to do which makes things easier for them. In some ways you'd prefer to be in their position going into this.

If it were 2-1 id think you have a case but 3-1 is too precarious, I think most people can see PSG scoring 1 goal tonight.

Salvadora

Anyone able to point me in the direction of the Chelsea match?

My usual place is suspended and under investigation by City of London Police :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom