• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal's greatest player

Dennis Bear-cum has good memories at almost every club he played for. At Ajax, where he began his development, he scored 103 goals in 185 matches, and Arsenal, with whom he played with for 11 years in the Premier League and won 3 titles. His only problem is that between a promising start and the end of his glittering career, there were also two seasons at Inter, 1993-1995 , where he endured many insults after making mistakes in the UEFA Cup. Bergkamp was so disappointing at Inter that , Massimo Moratti apparently told Bruce Rioch, at the time Arsenal manager: ” You’ll be lucky if he scores 10 goals.”.

That Bergkamp disappointed both Inter and Moratti, there is no doubt. What has emerged now is that in some way, Bergkamp was also very disappointed with Inter: “Cruyff did not want me to go there, he preferred that I join him in Barcelona, but at the time Serie A was the best league. I did not want to go to Milan because they had already chosen Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten, so I had to choose between Inter and Juventus. The executives of Inter made ​​me so many promises, they said that the side would play attacking football and we did but it was only for the first month or so. It was not what I hoped it would be but Italy was good for my development.”

Rumours emerged that during his stay in Milan there were some players in the Inter lockeroom that did not like Bergkamp but the Dutchman denies this: “Actually, I got along with everyone, from Bergomi to Ferri and Battistini, as well as with Berti. The issues were not with my teammates, but with the Italian press. They always waited for me to talk every single day, and I did not want to make them angry. In England the press initially criticized me because for the first 7-8 games I did not score but in Italy the press invented ridiculous stories about me

I'm glad he left for Arsenal eventually <3

faridmon

Haven't seen enough of Jung to know if he's Arsenal quality, but Coleman would make me absolutely delighted.

Proper good in attack, not made of glass, adds to the anglosphere* core at the club, and would be a real statement of intent taking him off a club like Everton rather than pillaging some Ligue 2 team.

Yeah, it would be good but it ain't happening

Well, you have to, £40m plsthxs

FootballFan

It is strange thinking back just how many great players these past generations have had.

Di Stephano
Kubala
Cruyff
Pele
Zico
Garrincha
Maradona
Butragueño
Hierro
Jeremies
Kahn
Del Piero
Nedved
Henry
Batistuta
Rivaldo
Ronaldo
Rijkaard

More Recently

Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Messi

and many more. Good times have been had.

Oh and Steven Gerrard, THE ICON, THE LEGEND, THE GOA...ehh not that far.

It is strange thinking back just how many great players these past generations have had.

Di Stephano
Kubala
Cruyff
Pele
Zico
Garrincha
Maradona
Butragueño
Hierro
Jeremies
Kahn
Del Piero
Nedved
Henry
Batistuta
Rivaldo
Ronaldo
Rijkaard

More Recently

Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Messi

Where is Stevie? No wonder pulga actually hates you.

Di Stephano
Kubala
Cruyff
Pele
Zico
Garrincha
Maradona
Butragueño
Hierro
Jeremies
Kahn
Del Piero
Nedved
Henry
Batistuta
Rivaldo
Ronaldo
Rijkaard

More Recently

Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Messi

Oh and Steven Gerrard, THE ICON, THE LEGEND, THE GOA...ehh not that far.

No Peter Crouch da hell.

You were wondering how you would replace Lukaku, but the answer has always been in front of you.

Bendtner

I honestly think Bendtner could do well, in a sub top club in premier league... If he just wasn't an idiot too busy molesting cab drivers and begging for pizza in Copenhagen.

FootballFan

OK I laughed!

This however...

FF You are dead to me. DEAD!

I have dishonored myself.
I will go and commit Seppuku in order to cleanse myself of this shame.

I will be resurrected again, only to make a similar list which will still not include Osman and Graveson. Thus completing the circle of life. Time is a flat circle indeed.

You look younger than 25 bro.

It's not me bruv

What's a chicken, what's a hen and what's a rooster? How do eggs work?

Reading my posts in the close-season thread is bizarre*. I'm basically just coming out with an absolute tsunami of facetious shite and outlandish predictions, which have proved to be rather close to the mark :D

*I'm arrogant like that.

Elchele

.@BVB coach Jürgen Klopp: "We're playing 4-1-4-1 with Kirch as the lone pivot, Mkhitaryan on the right and Großkreutz on the left." #BVBRMA

u wot m8

Howay PSG

----

F1 2013 Co-op season update you were all dying to hear about:

Finished 1st in Sao Paolo by 10 seconds. I needed Hamilton to finish 5th or lower. Start of the final lap: 1. Me 2. "teammate" 3. Vettel 4. Webber 5. Hamilton.

"teammate" runs out of fuel coming to the pit straight

0____________________________________________________________________0

1. Me
2. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Hamilton
5. Rosberg
6. Button
7. "teammate"

Friendship with "teammate" under review by the stewards

tl;dr: lost the championship by 1 point, turns out I am Felipe Massa, kill me now

Howay PSG

----

Finished 1st in Sao Paolo by 10 seconds. I needed Hamilton to finish 5th or lower. Start of the final lap: 1. Me 2. "teammate" 3. Vettel 4. Webber 5. Hamilton.

1. Me
2. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Hamilton
5. Rosberg
6. Button
7. "teammate"

tl;dr: lost the championship by 1 point, kill me now

:lol

Could your teammate not have tried to slam into Hamilton? Or were they never competing on the track?

FootballFan

Howay PSG

----

1. Me
2. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Hamilton
5. Rosberg
6. Button
7. "teammate"

tl;dr: lost the championship by 1 point, turns out I am Felipe Massa, kill me now

F1 co-op season sounds thrilling. Well done mate, second place is pretty good.

Meier

Netflix has found its Marco Polo
Italian actor Lorenzo Richelmy will play the title role in the streaming service&#8217;s upcoming original series.

The international cast also includes Benedict Wong (Prometheus), Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Tom Wu (Skyfall), Remy Hii (Treading Water) and Rick Yune (Olympus Has Fallen).
The drama &#8212; which will debut late this year &#8212; is set in 1200s China, a world replete with astonishing martial arts, sexual intrigue, political skullduggery and spectacular battles.
http://tvline.com/2014/04/08/netflix-marco-polo-cast-lorenzo-richelmy/

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Hopefully it's more House of Cards/OITNB than that shitty Werewolf show.

Doh! That's painful. Was this for anything other than pride?

No, but it will haunt me for the rest of my life

:lol

Could your teammate not have tried to slam into Hamilton? Or were they never competing on the track?

He offered to take him out because "we're Ferrari, it's what they would do", but I said no because I wanted to win fairly.

F1 co-op season sounds thrilling. Well done mate, second place is pretty good.

2nd is first loser. You should know this :p

FootballFan

Mes Que Un Club

Already on damage control for when Atletico win the title I see.

2nd is first loser. You should know this :p

Of course you all would pick that out. Expected nothing less.

Mes Que Un Club indeed.

ibvWZGv7WY8hKU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom