• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit you not, saw that Bebe gif and remembered there are rumours that he might be called up for the WC squad.

United would be nuts not picking him up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God, Bayern are sooo boring to watch now. I miss Jupp, they played some amazing stuff under him.

And you must be 6 thinking that dribbling 5 players in a 7 a side match and hitting the corner flag with your shot makes you boss. Probably pat yourself on the back and go to the toilets for a quick mirror wank.

But yeah, if Messi was scoring 1 goal in every competition I am sure everyone would be talking about him as player of the year still. Its the effort that counts right.

:)
but

but

but

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! Forget about his goals and assists, he drags defenders out of position. Having him play on the wing is certainly better than having a player like Ribery, Hazard, Reus or Bale.

United deserve to go through.

They're the only ones who've actually turned up with a game-plan and made an attempt to execute it. It might be defensive football, but it's still better than 30 passes that end up with a shit cross or a shot blazed over the bar for the 8th time.

They're the side who need a goal...

Sane_Man

Man Utd are no more dull than Bayern based on this. There's no unpredictability at all in this Bayern performance.

Agreed on their performance again United, but if Bayern had decent opposition they'd be bound to play better, or at least more exciting. United will play this kind of football against anyone they draw. Same with Chelsea.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well get another chance or two but the way Rooney is playing and wellbcks finishing I'm not overly optimistic

It's difficult to crack an eight-man defense. We don't have a tall striker that's good at headers anymore... :(

Either you score and they're forced to open up, or you have to run against the wall. That said, our play is too static and there's not enough *oomph*.

Or you force the issue with the knowledge that you're just better than them, and get it done by overwhelming them with numbers, switching positions and running into spaces that are difficult to track. That last past is assumably Gotze's job, but he ain't doing it. There is no intent or effort to achieve the other parts either.

It's like putting the wrong key in a lock over and over again, when the door is made of paper.

And you must be 6 thinking that dribbling 5 players in a 7 a side match and hitting the corner flag with your shot makes you boss. Probably pat yourself on the back and go to the toilets for a quick mirror wank.

But yeah, if Messi was scoring 1 goal in every competition I am sure everyone would be talking about him as player of the year still. Its the effort that counts right.

:)

Maybe the point flew over your head but... CL/Euro > La Liga. And he won best player in Europe on top of that.

Iniesta is a creator. Essentially you are saying Zidane never deserved to win shit because he was never the top scorer.

It's a very narrow view of football that you have.

Clegg

For three seasons Carrick has been the only redeeming thing about our midfield. But this year he hasn't played well at all. Especially tonight where I don't actually remember him doing anything.

Kagawa is doing well but will still be subbed off for Young in the second half.

Overwhelming with numbers is difficult in this case, but I agree that we're just too static right now to make proper use of the (occasional) open space. It's like they try again and again with the same effort, even though it failed ten times before.

If it's successful it's modern.

Yeah, Welbeck and Valencia are too quick to risk throwing too many players forward (especially since you don't need to score) I guess.

All it'd take is a loose ball, a Rooney pass and a Welbeck sprint, and you;'d be fucked if you overcommitted.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maybe the point flew over your head but... CL/Euro > La Liga. And he won best player in Europe on top of that.

Iniesta is a creator. Essentially you are saying Zidane never deserved to win shit because he was never the top scorer.

It's a very narrow view of football that you have.

the difference between Iniesta and Zidane is that Iniesta drags defenders out of position, and Zidane drags teams to titles single-handedly.

Marc

putting 10 players on the area is not exactly modern football m8
they defend and attack normally, without killing football like Pep and Moyes do

They don't seem to do either very well if every team loses to this Bayern...

Yen

My dad is occupying the only tv in the house that can pick up the game, and can I say 'Endeavour' is absolute shite.

putting 10 players on the area is not exactly modern football m8
they defend and attack normally, without killing football like Pep and Moyes do

Modern football lol. Anything that gets a result is modern. Not that United are even getting their result right now, but bet they would be behind if they didn't play like this... As it is now, all it takes is some set piece and they could be going through.

Clegg

Yeah, Welbeck and Valencia are too quick to risk throwing too many players forward (especially since you don't need to score) I guess.

All it'd take is a loose ball, a Rooney pass and a Welbeck sprint, and you;'d be fucked if you overcommitted.
I don't think Rooney can actually sprint.

He's lost some pace but he isn't usually this lead footed. That toe injury must be holding him back.

Ingeniero

the difference between Iniesta and Zidane is that Iniesta drags defenders out of position, and Zidane drags teams to titles single-handedly.

LOL brilliant.
Zidane = True GOAT

Bayern sucks, ManUre may pull the upset.
Not really lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom