• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

There are many reasons why I want you guys to do it, but the majority of your fans aren't one of them.
salt_shaker.jpg

Kikarian

LOOOL I love these american commentators.

When Tevez? went down in the box they went

"That's a...Well whatever that is"

Better than Niall Quinn and Owen.

I really like what I've seen of Carlos Bacca this season. South American striker to the core. Turn and face at every opportunity, can dribble, great running power, and is so sharp. Coming into his own when it matters too, and it's his debut season at the top level!

Could be Colombia's standout at the World Cup.

faridmon

Cringe to the fullest.

On another Subject, we seem to do well when there is no pressure. Once there is certain expectation and aim, we seem to bottle it.

NO CL for us :(

Kikarian

Arnie, stop. pls. stop.

You're scaring away people on the edge of joining in with this thread who have never been here before.

FYI we don't need newcomers.

Meier

I really like what I've seen of Carlos Bacca this season. South American striker to the core. Turn and face at every opportunity, can dribble, great running power, and is so sharp. Coming into his own when it matters too, and it's his debut season at the top level!

Could be Colombia's standout at the World Cup.

Colombia have quite a few talented forwards. I think they'll be okay even without Falcao. Bacca, Jackson, Ramos and Muriel plus Juan Fernando Quintero, James, Cuadrado and Ibarbo as attacking mids. Should be dangerous.

Defense is pretty lacking though. Will be curious to see if Eder Alvarez Balanta gets any minutes or not. He's their future at the back, that's for sure.

I imagine there'll be a large recruitment drive during/after the World Cup.

I'm not even sure what I'm more excited for, the actual football or the thread on Gaf!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love how Pirlo celebrates literally after kicking the ball, it's like he KNOWS* it's going in.

*not fixed I promise

Edit: Lyon's goal is so hilarious. Guys go watch it please.

Wes

venison crêpe
Arnie, stop. pls. stop.

You're scaring away people on the edge of joining in with this thread who have never been here before.

FYI we don't need newcomers.

FYI, we do.

No one should be discouraging new people from participating in the thread. I think, as has been seen over the past few months, discussion can get very stale and emboldens the cliquey nature that can foster within communities if newer voices aren't welcomed in to the discussion.

FYI, we do.

No one should be discouraging new people from participating in the thread. I think, as has been seen over the past few months, discussion can get very stale and emboldens the cliquey nature that can foster within communities if newer voices aren't welcomed in to the discussion.

I agree, although I will say whenever a new poster reveals themselves, they are met with many "Welcome, who do you support?" posts.

Are we that monstrous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom