• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Four Spanish teams in the semis of EL and CL.

Credit where its due

and people here still go around saying "LOLiga", pls. It's obvious they have the highest level of football and players
the only downside are the theatrics and economic situation

I haven't, just looking at stats. Ajax plays possession football, like Bayern, but Atlético usually don't need the striker to do much more than pressing, scoring and making a pass or two.

Yeah his stats are decent, we might be able to get a good fee based on that alone, and he somehow keeps making goals in big games, even though any other striker could've made the goals. He might make it at Atletico, but I think his level is more premier league relegation team. Eredivisie strikers with only finishing to boast about don't do well in leagues where defense happens.

EDIT: This is the one goal that's remotely impressive he's made, and even here it's Schone handing him the goal on a platter. Sorry for shitty music.

Kenka

Valencia will score in a matter of minutes.

Yann-Sommer-23-183-cm-FC-Basel.jpg

Elchele

For the umpteenth time, the performance in Europe means fuck all.

It's not about the performance in Europe, although it does matter. You just have to look at the players they 'produce' and most teams play (or try to play) some nice football in that league.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And Barcelona and Betis both got eliminated by other Spanish teams.
Forget Europa League lol

Atletico on the other hand are fucking legit! But here's where La Liga sucks: they'll be FORCED to sell their star players in a couple of years (or next season?)

"That's Yones ... He's our white negro. If you did a print of Pape Pate Dioufs face and Yones Felfel, you wouldn't spot the difference"
Who's the managers favorite? "Rurik Gislason. Did you see how quickly Bolanos got kicked out on the bench?" (said with a big smile on his face)
"Olof Mellberg invited us out for dinner, he got a money tank like Scrooge McDuck so it doesn't really matter to him how expensive it is, if it's 5, 15, or 500 thousand makes no difference."
"Look at that guy over there *points to a youth player who is 19 year olds*, look at him, he's like what.... 12?"

I might be angry at Lars Jacobsen on the pitch, but I will miss his interviews.

Zabojnik

I know you're joking but still, what explains Serie A's recent European drought ? Calciopoli is not the reply to every question in that regard, right ?

It's really not that hard to explain. Serie A is in the toilet atm and will be for the forseeable future.

Facism

Congrats to Juve, great stuff. Hope they go on to win it and then face Atletico in the Super Cup!

LOL @ porto get shamed like in a bukkake.

Elchele

It's not about oil money this time though

it really is, small teams have to sell their players sooner or later. and replace them with new ones, that's how football has worked for a long time

now some small clubs got oil money and get to keep their players with insane wages.

Forget Europa League lol

Atletico on the other hand are fucking legit! But here's where La Liga sucks: they'll be FORCED to sell their star players in a couple of years (or next season?)

That's only because someone would actually be willing to buy La Liga's star players. In Serie A Gervinho is is a star player.

edit: Basel will still win this, just watch. Fucking cunts.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Forget Europa League lol

Already started happening. La Liga is gonna become the EPL's feeder league

_69617552_030913_top6countries_320x490.jpg

hiroshawn

Banned
I'm gonna make some bets this weekend. All my friends are winning, If I calculated the universe correctly I should be coming in to a 5k+ win this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom