• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
suubc1e4p.gif

I'd genuinely feel very sad if Wenger was sacked. If he resigns, fine. But for all of those years, trophies, wonderful teams he's created at Arsenal, for that to end with him being unceremoniously fired? No.

doicare

Your argument is based around hypothetical season ending injuries.

Your very chassis of 'good luck winning without Gerrard' is enough to deter me from engaging further. We've done it many times this season to the point where fans have had heated discussions around whether we should be playing Gerrard at all.

And you're sustaining your argument with the fact that Lucas doesn't play as many key passes as Gerrard. No, he doesn't, but the system shifts slightly and we keep on winning. Other players make those key passes.

Basically you don't really understand football, which is fine, but it's very difficult to engage with on a forum.
Just because a team wins doesn't mean they deserved to win nor that they will keep on winning, if you think that then you really don't know anything about football and it's hard to have an intelligent conversation with you about the subject, especially when you say things like replacing Gerrard, one of Liverpool's top 3 players, with Lucas, will barely affect the team, it's hilarious.

Where your whole argument falls apart is that Liverpool haven't done well season in season out. Every year BUT this one Liverpool have been poor, this is the first year Liverpool have been good in a very long time. So for you to be so sure that no luck has played a part in this season and your team is just suddenly awesome after years of being average to poor, is fool hardy to say the least, especially when it is a FACT that compared to most other top teams Liverpool have had significantly less injuries to key players. Next year they will have to play in the Champions League/twice a week more often and with so many players in the current Liverpool squad who aren't good enough to replace the current first 11, buying a few more squad players isn't going to be good enough.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd genuinely feel very sad if Wenger was sacked. If he resigns, fine. But for all of those years, trophies, wonderful teams he's created at Arsenal, for that to end with him being unceremoniously fired? No.

He won't be sacked. It's the end of his contract, it'll be a mutual agreement.

Think Arsenal need it though. He hasn't seemed to be able to refresh a team like Fergie has. He's done a great job getting them where they are and consistently getting fourth, but there's no excuses for things like this happening time and time again.

Tc91

I think that's what's kept him from being sacked. If it was any other team they'd be in the rut of sacking every 1-2 years after the run they are on without a trophy.

Think he'll throw in the towel this year.

He'd deserve it. His glory times are long gone. Like almost a decade...

I know, just doesn't feel right though

He won't be sacked. It's the end of his contract, it'll be a mutual agreement.

Think Arsenal need it though. He hasn't seemed to be able to refresh a team like Fergie has. He's done a great job getting them where they are and consistently getting fourth, but there's no excuses for things like this happening time and time again.

Forgot about that, my point is moot :p

wedward

He wont be sacked. His contract is up in a month. The board don't care. No matter what happens the extension is still on the table.

If Wenger leaves Arsenal it's because he decides he wants to.

doicare

doicare - 06-08-2012:

etc.

doicare - always right.
At that point in time Hernandez was better than Lewandowski and of course so was Rooney. Given everything that's happened Manchester United made the right choice in not trying to sign Lewandowski because they now have Van Persie and Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom