• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

i feel they have this match looping eternally in Hell.
iINDCh5wZJ8fu.gif

Martin Tyler rationalizing the allowed difference in location of the freekick from the location of the foul by saying "Well if there's a miskick then there's doubt about him being able to get back."

Then let an outfield player take it?

Mertesacker lol

a respectable opionion. i wouldnt back it up though.

You're goddamn right it is. Then came PES2008, also known as possible the worst football game ever made. Ok that's not true, we had some real shit new football games especially on PS1 and early PS2, but it was truly horrible. It was not much unlike the PS2 games, didn't even look much better. But they added in such new exciting features as constant frame rate drops, the most unstable online mode ever and worst of all :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

Me and my brother still play it once or twice a week, 30 minute one-on-one, Liverpool vs Arsenal, tweaked teams and stats, Memorial Match, random player conditions

It's still brilliant and more enjoyable than any football game since imo.
Interesting, maybe I should try it again, FIFA 14 is fucking shit anyway. All I do is get the best players on my team in Master League and see how goals I can score in a season for 50 seasons in PES 6 :p

GQman2121

Banned
In PES 5 and 6, Adriano is a fucking monster. He and Vieri were quite the pair in those games. Adriano could just drop bombs from all over the pitch.

I always liked Vieri. One of the first quality players I remember listening to in interviews and thinking he seems like a nice guy.

Mertesacker lol

You're goddamn right it is. Then came PES2008, also known as possible the worst football game ever made. Ok that's not true, we had some real shit new football games especially on PS1 and early PS2, but it was truly horrible. It was not much unlike the PS2 games, didn't even look much better. But they added in such new exciting features as constant frame rate drops, the most unstable online mode ever and worst of all :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

I don't have volume, but I assume that's FOOTBALL SOCCER FOOTBALL SOCCER FOOTBALL SOCCER ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Hilariously bad song.

Was too easy to develop players to 99 stats as well

I absolutely cannot believe how shit this season is turning out. I wasn't completely convinced by us being top of the league for so long and I expected something of a dip in form, but it's just been an utter collapse. Complete shit. Even if he misses the penalty, that it's come to this is tragic.

doicare - 06-08-2012:

If we're going to use stats (in all competitions):

Lewandowski in the past year: 30 goals, 10 assists, 43 appearances

Chicharito in the past year: 13 goals, 2 assists, 23 appearances

Yep, a very meaningless stat when significantly more of Hernandez's appearances have been as a substitute and Lewandowski has started all of those games.

But if you want some more fun stats, over the past two years for club and country:

Hernandez - 110 games, (41) as a sub, 53 goals, 2.08 games played per goal scored

Lewandowski - 99 games, (26) as a sub, 44 goals, 2.25 games per played goal scored

Hernandez>Lewandowski

Lewandowski is not being dismissed just because he has a poor passing accuracy, he's a goal poacher who very rarely scores anything other than tap-ins & United already have a goal poacher in Hernandez who over the last two years has scored more goals despite spending significantly more time on the bench than Lewandowski has. As well as that Hernandez has a much better passing accuracy, has completed more crosses, more long balls & he gets dispossessed less per game as well.

And thanks for the youtube videos that only highlight his best moments and don't show his worst, would you like to see some youtube videos that show off Emile Heskey? He looks awesome as well in these highlight vids :)

And none of the United players have a high passing accuracy??!

Paul Scholes - 93.1%
Tom Cleverley - 91.5%
Michael Carrick - 90.1%
Jonny Evans - 90.1%
Rio Ferdinand - 90%
Darren Fletcher - 89.9 %
Park Ji-Sung - 89.5%
Rafael - 88.1%
Danny Welbeck - 86.4%
Patrice Evra - 86.3%
Anderson - 86%
Antonio Valencia D - 85.6%
Michael Owen - 85%
Ezekiel Fryers - 84.6%
Federico Macheda - 84.6%
Fabio - 84.3%
Phil Jones - 83.9 %
Ashley Young - 83.8%
Dimitar Berbatov - 83.5%
Chris Smalling - 83.1%
Javier Hernández - 82.7%
Nemanja Vidic - 81.9%
Wayne Rooney - 80.7%
Nani - 80.2 %
Ryan Giggs - 80.2%
Ben Amos - 71.4%
Anders Lindegaard - 58.2%
David De Gea - 57.8%

Robert Lewandowski - 70.6%

So out of the entire United squad Lewandowski can pass the ball better than Lindegaard and De Gea
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

etc.

doicare - always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom