• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Looks like the counter-attacking 4-1-4-1. Exciting.

It's interesting you say this. While the shape vs Everton was undoubtedly a 4-1-4-1 the game vs Arsenal is a little harder to put a finger on. It looked like a lop-sided 4-3-3 with Sturridge and Sterling deeper to get in behind. Just my two cents.

Let's do this.

Fuck Darklurker, gonna have to come back to him

Basically in a cycle of wearing the RoLP, dieing to the boss, or before I even get to him, repairing the ring, dieing to the boss or before, repairing the ring etc, and wasting an effigy every time I try

Fuck this. Bad omen, game over, title over, football dead.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So Kompany isnt fit

The fcuk, just hand them the game

GorillaJu

It's interesting you say this. While the shape vs Everton was undoubtedly a 4-1-4-1 the game vs Arsenal is a little harder to put a finger on. It looked like a lop-sided 4-3-3 with Sturridge and Sterling deeper to get in behind. Just my two cents.

Let's do this.

Yeah its kind of hard to pin down because it has a bit of fluidity to it when in the attack. Though when we don't have the ball I spot Sturridge helping out on the left a lot.

From a reliable United ITK:

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians 3h

Btw, Utd absolutely did not meet with Van Gaal last few days. They did speak with him a few months ago but that was it....

Van Gaal was asked back then tentatively "if he was Utd manager what would he need to fix the team" etc.

Utd are obviously keen to learn from last summers mistakes. They are discussing Moyes future and it seems impossible he will survive...

The club want to be pro active signing players & not waiting until July 1st. It's possible Moyes won't even last the remaining games...

Fully expect Utd to appoint a new manager and be pro active in the market .

No way Glazers where going to trust Moyes with huge money when he hasn't earned that trust. The risk factors where just too high...

Under Moyes revenue down, underperformed, unhappy sponsors, nervy investors, playing assets unhappy, poor performance in transfer market

Moyes experiment failed, he wasn't brought in to spend big money , he was brought in to remain competitive on the cheap.

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians 2h

@varunarun438 yes Utd ready to sack him now. Glazers want him gone

I hope he's right.

LTWheels

BlGa-wAIIAA1iMD.jpg

Clegg

"remain competitive on the cheap"
Signs two players for £65m, one of them being maoam fellaini
I think the mindset changed when it became clear how much we were struggling and that Moyes couldn't get the current squad winning regularly.

I haven't heard of either of those.

Which probably bodes well for his reliability tbf.

Andersred thinks he's reliable. He's interviewed Woodward before. He's not really an ITK account, more a footy journalist who is an avid United supporter.

I've followed him for a while and he doesn't spout ITK stuff. This is the first I've seen him do it.

Meier

Alright Edin, you have been given a major start. Please be clinical. Hopefully Vinnie can get through the whole game without any difficulties. A little surprised Milner didn't start due to his defensive capabilities.

subtles

Yeah its kind of hard to pin down because it has a bit of fluidity to it when in the attack. Though when we don't have the ball I spot Sturridge helping out on the left a lot.

I can't remember if that was because he defended on Coutinho's flank opposite to that of Henderson? It's also the side Flanagan plays on who isn't naturally a LB.

The fluidity is definitely a welcome change over the rigid teams we've had over the years.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im as nervous about this as if United were playing, god damnit

FuturusX

I was more nervous for the West Ham game...I have this sense of calm now. I just wanted to get this far...the title remains a bonus for me.

Mr Cola

Please City

Ill never ask you for anything

Please Please take points off them

bjaelke

I was more nervous for the West Ham game...I have this sense of calm now. I just wanted to get this far...the title remains a bonus for me.

Same feeling here. From 7th to title challenger in one season. A reverse Moyes. I'd probably be more nervous if our season expectations were to win the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom