• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Also amazing game from coutinho. Sometimes I think he's a bit of a luxury player but he was everywhere today, constantly pressing

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool cheated in every possible way. Handball, diving, snapping Nasri, blatant shirt pulling that Skrtl does every game.

Ah well, let's just be more determined to win our remaining games and see if that's enough.

Snapping Nasri isn't cheating, that's a pre-requisite.

And you would have won if your fucking moronic captain hadn't fucked up a clearance for the twentieth time this season.

No sympathy for you, you've got away with some horrific shit all season. Just a shame Liverpool are benefitting from the evening of all the rancid decisions.

doicare

So Man City should have had a penalty when Sakho cropped Dzeko in the area (and also a yellow card for Sakho).

Saurez should have been sent off for diving with a second yellow card.

And Man City should have had another penalty when Skrtel decided to punch the ball clear in the area in the last minute.

I'm glad i'm wrong and there's no such thing as luck in football.

danwarb

excited-baby.gif

Dodgy as fook at the end, but I'll take it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Ugh, I am shot. I've aged 10 years in the last 45 minutes. City deserved a draw on the balance of play, we were awful for most of the second half. But we won, absolutely delighted.

I'm dead. Unbelievable.

City have every right to feel absolutely livid. Should have had 1, probably 2 penalties, and Suarez should have been sent off.

Very disappointed with a lot about that game, namely Suarez&Sturridge's selfishness, and the horrendous defendsive openness we played with before Allen came on. Silva will always punish play like that, he's the second-best player in the league. Gerrard just doesn't have the legs to mark him across the pitch, Allen should have come on either at half time, or before their first.

Got a bad feeling Henderson's suspension will kill us (stupid challenge, lost his head after a poor touch), but hopefully Lucas and Allen can fill that void sufficiently.

Fuck me. Incredible. Coutinho and Sterling are delectable. Unlucky City, and I mean that. Deserved to win, let alone draw, given the bad decisions. Guess I won't be whinging about the ref for at least 3 seasons :p

Jimrpg

Mourinho, please save football. The fate of the world is on you.

Pretty much this....

Trembling at the thought of Liverpool winning the league. They are such jammy mangs.... Why is it when Everton have a good season they go and have a better one... All the bloody time.

Still bitter about the 04/05 champions league... How were they ever allowed in when they finished fifth in the league!

Lakitu

st5fu
So Man City should have had a penalty when Sakho cropped Dzeko in the area (and also a yellow card for Sakho).

And Man City should have had another penalty when Skrtel decided to punch the ball clear in the area in the last minute.

Love that you conveniently forget what City has gotten away with over the course of a season, including our game at the Etihad.

dc89

Snapping Nasri isn't cheating, that's a pre-requisite.

And you would have won if your fucking moronic captain hadn't fucked up a clearance for the twentieth time this season.

No sympathy for you, you've got away with some horrific shit all season. Just a shame Liverpool are benefitting from the evening of all the rancid decisions.

Liverpool have achieved the holy trinity though. Everything in one game.

Diving, handballs, shirt pulling. I'm sure I've missed one too.

Timbuktu

Allen has been decent today. The Chelsea game will be something else entirely.

Liverpool would need SAS to pull out of this slump, been on poor form today by there standards.

Had a go at Coutinho all season for his wasteful shooting, but the most important one he got.

dc89

You're right. You're spot on. Everything said here is true.

danwarb

Liverpool came out slow the second half, 2-0 up and lost momentum as much through Suarez acting like an idiot and Johnson passing the ball away as from City's improvement.

Some players just stopped running.

Lakitu

st5fu
Liverpool have achieved the holy trinity though. Everything in one game.

Diving, handballs, shirt pulling. I'm sure I've missed one too.

We did, I fully admit we got away with a lot during the game. Shame you City fans can't seem to admit you've been getting away with a hell of a lot this season. Such a hypocrite.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm sorry, I give genuinely no fucks about Liverpool but I'm struggling to have any sympathy for City here. Decisions all season, and losing because of Kompany. Fuck them, not gonna wallow in any of this thread's tears loooooool

K1LLER7

I'm sorry, I give genuinely no fucks about Liverpool but I'm struggling to have any sympathy for City here. Decisions all season, and losing because of Kompany. Fuck them, not gonna wallow in any of this thread's tears loooooool
We'll be back next season for our title.

Moyeschester United!

GQman2121

Banned
Props to Hitcher for keeping shit real, too. I still think they were the better side on the day, but there's enough of a case to be made that both clubs should have come away with something. Keeping it interesting at least.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom