• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

If the Glazers do actually have a plan they need to come out and say what it is.
The decision will ultimately rest with the Glazer's but I think the man to decide Moyes' fate will be Woodward. He's the CEO and responsible for the day to day running of the club. He needs to have the balls to make that recommendation to the Glazer's. The only thing that'll stop Moyes getting sacked is the indecision of the board. He's surely done enough to warrant the sack.

Coming out and saying what it is you're gonna do would just generate even more publicity. Get it done quickly and quietly and try to move on as fast as you can.

Basically every other game Squirtle gets away doing something at corners. Pretty much every Liverpool fan I talk to always says they have no idea how he gets away with it.

He's pretty much cut it out since December imo

If Sturridge is out for the run-in, we need Suarez to step up. Can't afford for him to play like that if he's the lone frontman and we have to win.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
'Well in lads. The game's over though, have to win 4 games in a row now starting with Norwich'

Basic message :p

He can cry all he wants today

-Game closest to Hillsborough anniversary, where he lost a cousin
-Last chance (probably) to win the title that has eluded his boyhood club for 24 years
-Would have been broken after the equaliser
-He's carried the team on his shoulders for nearly a decade between 2003 and 2012, and watched false dawn after false dawn fly by
-Winning a single title with us would probably jusitify his decision to stay in 2005, in his own eyes
-That match meant everything for our title challenge. We couldn't afford to lose, and couldn't really afford to draw either. Sheer relief.

Come on Swansea
If you're still high on adrenaline, go and give Darklurker another shot ;p

Wilbur

Banned
I think we could be ok without sturridge, only having one striker is standard nowadays. Allen having to step up and replace Henderson is the main issue.

Such a stupid challenge. He could have really hurt him.

At least it was Nasri so if he had hurt him no one would have cared.

Fry

He's pretty much cut it out since December imo

If Sturridge is out for the run-in, we need Suarez to step up. Can't afford for him to play like that if he's the lone frontman and we have to win.

We play Norwich next. I'l be surprised if he doesn't up his goal tally by 5

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I 100% hold the ruling family of that country responsible for the things which go on in that country, many (but not all) of which are contradictory to the "religious and social constructs" you speak of, yes.

How can they not be?
Been to Dubai twice. Absolutely nothing religious about that place :lol

The decision will ultimately rest with the Glazer's but I think the man to decide Moyes' fate will be Woodward. He's the CEO and responsible for the day to day running of the club. He needs to have the balls to make that recommendation to the Glazer's.
Oh absolutely but like with money for transfers the final decision comes from them. Woodward does need to step up like he did with the Mata transfer after the summer shambles.

Feorax

I think we could be ok without sturridge, only having one striker is standard nowadays. Allen having to step up and replace Henderson is the main issue.

Such a stupid challenge. He could have really hurt him.

Lucas will have to replace Henderson, Allen will probably replace Coutinho who will move wide left.

hiroshawn

Banned
I just realised... that's Gerrards hand...

PaqBrad2.gif

What about the Skrtel punch?

Clear penalty from the replay as I said earlier. Strange how nobody could tell in realtime, (me, my brother, the players, the fans, the commentators, the officials) yet it's so obvious from all of the replays. Weird to think that even with video-evidence, he would have gotten away with that as nobody appealed.

calza

I 100% hold the ruling family of that country responsible for the things which go on in that country, many (but not all) of which are contradictory to the "religious and social constructs" you speak of, yes.

How can they not be?

Because what do you think is going to happen if they started to become more 'moderate' and against Islam and Shaira? when you have neighbours like Saudi and Pakistan.

Money is pretty much the only concern of the UAE, but compare the lifestyle of UAE to it's neighbours even Qatar and UAE is doing alright.

Clegg

Oh absolutely but like with money for transfers the final decision comes from them. Woodward does need to step up like he did with the Mata transfer after the summer shambles.
Well some of the broadsheets are convinced that United have two deals already sewn up and that the club wants to get the majority of its signings made before the World Cup starts. If that's true then it suggests that United have gotten their act together off the pitch.

Now it comes down to deciding if the board thinks Moyes is the man to get us sorted on the pitch. But I just can't see how anyone can still be pro Moyes after this shambles of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom