• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for us as well, considering Roma - Milan is in two weeks. I want Milan go to Rome with the EL spot within their reach. Although I'm not sure how much Milan even wants it.

I don't think the players really care (I mean, the lazy fucks haven't cared about anything all season except for a couple of CL games) but Galliani is really pushing us to get into the EL for financial reasons and to maintain our UEFA coefficient. I think we will show up.

But are you guys seriously worried about Roma? You won the scudetto months ago.

Zabojnik

Moyes you useless bastard. You let Brenton have this.

Would United fans really rather have City win it instead of Liverpool? I realize that City have been a Torino-level side for the better part of their history and thus considered more of a nuisance than actual rivals, but still.

Wilbur

Banned
It was fergies plan all along. He knew Moyes would fail. He did it to make himself look better.

diplo-o.gif

Would United fans really rather have City win it instead of Liverpool? I realize that City have been a Torino-level side for the better part of their history and thus considered more of a nuisance than actual rivals, but still.

The rivalry between United and Liverpool is much deeper than the United City rivalry. City have only very recently become a top team. United have spent the last 25 years slowly catching up to Liverpools league tally and then taking over it. Of course United would hate it if City won the title, but City are the lesser of two evils.

bjaelke

It's about the total league titles. United currently on 20 and we're on 18 (and have been for some time).

King_Moc

Banned

I'd rather Everton won it than United. Though that rivalry isn't as hate fuelled as the Utd-City one.

Wilbur

Banned

A few weeks ago I'd have preferred Liverpool - due to the fact I quite like Brendan, I like their English core, they're fun to watch, they hadn't had the rub of the green City had, and then coupled with the fact I don't like Pellegrini, they have no English core - but the nearer we got to the date the more I pulled for City.

Now I'd rather football was over as a sport and a cultural institution than either win the league. Chelsea PLEASE

A few weeks ago I'd have preferred Liverpool - due to the fact I quite like Brendan, I like their English core, they're fun to watch, they hadn't had the rub of the green City had, and then coupled with the fact I don't like Pellegrini, they have no English core - but the nearer we got to the date the more I pulled for City.

Now I'd rather football was over as a sport and a cultural institution than either win the league. Chelsea PLEASE

BECAUSE YOU'RE A TRAITOR

dc89

"Better part of their history"

"We'll come here and turn them over one day. Just like we did."

Summerbee, 2011

We were glorious. Then we faded. Now were on the road to glory once again. If we channel our inner Buzzers we can still win the title.

Chelsea can't beat a 10 player Swansea side. Don't fucking hope for this team, lack of balls.

Wilbur

Banned
BECAUSE YOU'RE A TRAITOR

CHELSEA PLEASE

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in manchester or that Liverpool have been largely irrelevant for the time I've supported us. I do remember hating them when Rafa and Dalglish were there, and honestly I still don't want them to achieve anything ever. Just fucking hate City too innit.

Zabojnik

But are you guys seriously worried about Roma? You won the scudetto months ago.

You guys keeps saying that, but I'm genuinely cautious about it. We'd obviously have to fuck up really bad to lose it at this point, but it's far from being an impossibility. I take for granted that we're going to get absolutely murdered in Rome. We're in shit form, while Roma are fucking FLYING right now, and we have EL to think about too. Say we draw or lose with Udinese tomorrow, which isn't as unlikely as it might seem. Things might get pretty complicated ...

Great news for us as well, considering Roma - Milan is in two weeks. I want Milan go to Rome with the EL spot within their reach. Although I'm not sure how much Milan even wants it.
We do.

Actually, no we don't.

But we do.

We actually don't.

We do as long as we get to the 5th place. Because of the US tour.

What Frank said is also true and makes way more sense. No European competitions for one year could be deadly for us, EL isn't a goldmine but at least it's something.
As long as we end 5th.
If it means finishing above Inter, they'll go for it.
That's the spirit.
27 goals and Milan's defense is yet to play!
Whoa, 2 goals conceded in the last 4 games, that's unbelievably good.

CHELSEA PLEASE

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up in manchester or that Liverpool have been largely irrelevant for the time I've supported us. I do remember hating them when Rafa and Dalglish were there, and honestly I still don't want them to achieve anything ever. Just fucking hate City too innit.

Mou is letting Liverpool win the league on purpose because we gave Moyes the United job over him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom