• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Downing .... you fucking idiot. Ruining half of West Hams attacks isn't enough, gotta ruin the defense too.

dow1ako0.gif

Remember when Rodgers played Downing at LB against Lennon? Good times.

Meier

I still kinda chuckle at the Sanogo signing -- not that he was brought in.. that was smart, but that he wasn't loaned out immediately and instead was expected to make a difference right away. It was the kind of move I'd make in Football Manager (I always blood in young strikers because I have crazy turnover at my clubs). The thought of a kid who had only played in Ligue 2 coming in right away and being able to lead the line at a top 4 club is just hilarious.

Salvadora

I still kinda chuckle at the Sanogo signing -- not that he was brought in.. that was smart, but that he wasn't loaned out immediately and instead was expected to make a difference right away. It was the kind of move I'd make in Football Manager (I always blood in young strikers because I have crazy turnover at my clubs). The thought of a kid who had only played in Ligue 2 coming in right away and being able to lead the line at a top 4 club is just hilarious.
Loaning a player out is understandable when you have 4 world class forwards.

But when you only have Giroud, yeah...

Bendtner doesn't count.

I think we've come to the point where we should give Rodgers a new contract now, if only for a little boost going into the final 4 games of the season.

I hope Henry ends up as our striker coach when he retires, even if we still have the dregs of the world he could atleast teach them not to be complete planks when 1 on 1.

King_Moc

Banned
fdfdfsfd53j5q.gif

and Jarvis that should have gone down

karjsufkqm.gif

Holy Shit, Koscielny was an inch from a red card there!

And that from Jarvis demonstrates everything that's wrong with the rules. He could drop an get a legit penalty. Until that changes somehow, diving will persist. I'm not saying it would have been a dive, he's genuinely been put off of his run, it should be a foul.

He is now that Mata became a Moyes boy. Azpili will be up there next season though, pure class.

Azpilicueta has been truly magnificent. He does well going forward (despite him being right footed playing on the left) and he's just so damn aggressive defending. He wins the ball in the middle of the pitch often and on the left back he's all the way up the wingers ass, not giving them any space.

Bosscielny should be commended for his last moment heroic kung-fu challenges.
tumblr_m2u8cnWPUN1qgl5gko2_500.gif

Should have been a pen.

Azpilicueta has been truly magnificent. He does well going forward (despite him being right footed playing on the left) and he's just so damn aggressive defending. He wins the ball in the middle of the pitch often and on the left back he's all the way up the wingers ass, not giving them any space.

Plus, he has that mass murderer sort of face and nickname (Dave) that I think is good for him.

Nice to have a Spaniard in the team that isn't a bottler as well.

Wilbur

Banned
De Gea, Silva and Azpilicueta are the three best at the moment. Mata was world class at Chelsea for two seasons in a row though, that's been forgotten.

Meier

Silva is easily, easily the best Spaniard in the league. Mata and Cazorla are great, but Silva is world class

I think you could make a case for him being the best player in the league this season. Obviously Suarez will win the award and rightfully so given his scoring and assisting exploits, but Silva has been incredible this year. Think this has been his best season at the club even. A shame he missed those 10+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom