• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Based on one half this tie should be done and dusted. Bayern should be down three with those two chances Ronnie and Di Maria pissed into the stands.

Meier

Have to say, I've been very impressed with Isco's defensive contribution today and in the Copa final. Carlo has done a nice job helping develop that aspect of his game further. Manuel will be happy with that new wrinkle I'm sure.

PowderedToast

can we have a pep cam pls

just put him in the corner like fergie cam for the whole match

not a real madrid expert or anything but I'm not sure if isco looks ready for games like these

pulga

Banned
Ugly first half by us, but this is what tinki tonka begets

were gonna regret these chances wasted dearly though

bjaelke

TlFrI.gif

Feorax

Bayern moving well and getting into space, but rarely is it intelligent and threatening.

Robben and Ribery have been awful pretty much every time I've seen them play in the CL this year. For all the talk of Madrid fatigue, I'm struggling to see where Bayern's goal is coming from.

Blablurn

Would be awesome if we can keep Madrid by 1 goal. But when I look at Boateng I highly doubt it. I really hope we'll get a better defender next season.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Guardiola should go back to last seasons set up while he can.

that's what makes pep such a genius. first he makes the team play like shit to lull the opposition into a false sense of security, then tells them to start playing like before he came along to ruin everything. the other team never sees it coming.

Razgreez

Would be awesome if we can keep Madrid by 1 goal. But when I look at Boateng I highly doubt it. I really hope we'll get a better defender next season.

Again Boateng wasn't the issue there. CBs were left exposed by the RB and the DMs (are there DMs? There don't seem to be any) and it was actually Dante who didn't provide proper cover. Either way, shouldn't be getting in that sort of situation to begin with

PowderedToast

Really? Think he has been one of the better players. It's hard with fucking idiots around you like Maria though, when they refuse to pass you when you're wide open.

dc pls, a few pages ago.
maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I just expected to see him more involved in the attacking play and I'm not sure if that's to do with his positional awareness. I haven't watched real a lot this season

Meier

they should take out isco and replace with bale if he can play.

Don't agree at all. Like Wooden said, if di Maria had passed to him, Isco may have had a goal of his own. Provided a LOT of help on defense as well. Think he played very well -- no reason to replace anyone at HT. ADM should come off for Bale at some point in the final 25 mins or so IMO.

bud

bayern are clueless. they can't penetrate madrid's defence so they end up resorting to crosses which don't really help either. guardiola's style doesn't really suit this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom