• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disciplined performance that. We were very unlucky not to win. Chelsea rely too heavily on counter attacking under Di Matteo. That was the only way they looked like scoring from open play.

norinrad

Is there actually a manager that can effectively use and get the best out of Torres? It's a shame such a player is slowly wasting away

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs were great second half. Could have scored a hatful. Overall a great draw and a great clean sheet. The only thing Chelsea did that unsettled us was the long ball to Drogba.

nemesun

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Song, Walcott, Rosicky, Gervinho, van Persie. Subs: Fabianski, Andre Santos, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Djourou, Chamakh, Benayoun.

Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, Petrov, Herd, Albrighton, Ireland, Heskey, Agbonlahor. Subs: Guzan, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Gardner, Carruthers.

A win is imperative today.

faridmon

Watching Bayern Vs Hannover!

Come on Moa!

Mohammed_Abdellaoue_902754i.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Showed up at the 60' of tottenham v Chelsea. Great match IMO. Matas free kick. Damn

Of course because it is currently only a four hour difference between here and England I can't watch the villa match until later.

UTV!!!

It was a terrible game for both sides. Not sure what you were watching.

Cahill Motm says it all.

I really doubt Torres is the same player he was under Benitez. He's lost pace and strength both since them IMO. That was clear before Benitez was even sacked.

Plus, if Torres really is one of the worlds best strikers, that shouldn't be limited to one manager. `

He was one of the best strikers in the world under one specific manager, and started on his downward spiral when that manager was sacked

I thought Torres's form started to spiral due to injuries?

As Viva says above, he's physically not the same player anymore.

Or we can just go for the 'Benitez is magic' angle because that makes more sense.

I don't want Rafa back in English football. Conspiracy theorising twit.

Neither do I, unless he comes back to Liverpool ;)

I thought Torres's form started to spiral due to injuries?

As Viva says above, he's physically not the same player anymore.

Or we can just go for the 'Benitez is magic' angle because that makes more sense.

His goalscoring record and performances were still pretty much exemplary even when returning from injury under Rafa.

Scum

Arsenal 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Bolton 2 - 3 Blackburn
Liverpool 4 - 2 Wigan
Norwich 2 - 1 Wolves
Sunderland 2 - 2 QPR
Swansea 1 - 1 Everton
Stoke 1 - 3 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom