• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

That's a penalty by the letter of the law, but hundreds of those go by every week without the referee intervening. A bit infuriating that he's intervened here, just for the good of the game. There's literally nothing exciting about seeing a penalty. Especially one as innocuous as that.

TeegsD

Totally spaced out with the game right next to me. Another penalty? Also can Fox Sports stop fellating Messi please

Manager

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

Nesta WTF? You don't have to give a penalty here because Puyol is clearly shoving and pulling aswell but you can and Nesta is not Mark van Bommel who would give the ref a pat on the shoulder an everything is okay. MvB gets away with anything - he and Gattuso would saved that 1:1 until eternity.

AlexBasch

I'm just hoping Milan to not fall apart and keep attacking Barca.

Fucking hell, I'm rooting for them now.

SHOW THE YELLOW TO XAVI! C'MON!

Also the Nesta foul was before the ball had been played. I thought it was meant to be retaken in this case? I'm totally against shirt pulling but I don't think that should be a penalty.

The corner that Milan got earlier, the Barca players were doing the same thing. Every corner that has ever been taken ever, that happens. Consistency, man.

Yeah I hope we see a pen given for that in every instance in this game when it happens on the other end (which it will) but I doubt it. There will be outrage and controversy after this game if it ends 2-1. Disappointing really

Arnie

So long as Milan have another corner, that will happen in the Barcelona penalty area and I would bet a lot of money that nothing will be given.

Exactly. If those were given consistently games would end 12-8. I'm all for a concerted effort to stamp shirt tugging out of the game, but giving Barca a penalty here doesn't feel like the start of a revolution.

Bo-Locks

Only thing missing from this Barca performance is a 100 metre sprint from Valdes to berate the referee spit in someones face.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I like how Barcelona hasn't lost because of the ref, in the champions league at least, in years. It just doesn't seem to happen to them.

RaGe_pt

That second penalty was kinda stupid. Shouldn't have been called. But despite that it's been an amazing match so far. I think Milan will score another one. It seems to me that, if they get that last pass on the counter attack, they can score another goal. Replace Seedorf, he's doing anything good for Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom