• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinokill

Fucking Barsa cunts and fucking UEFA. Every fucking year is the same shit.

God. I hate this piece of shit team so much. Fuck them all

FootballFan

You all seem to be forgetting Barca could have been given 2 clear penalties last game. lol.
Same shit every time. But alright guys UEFAlona, Unicef, Platinilona, etc.

These same haters are never here when when Barca was denied 2 penalties last game, they appear here when there is ONE bad call. LOL

Arnie

Nobody is saying it wasn't a penalty (apart from Frank), but it's particularly infuriating because I can guarantee the referee won't be consistent. There will be a similar example of shirt tugging by a Barcelona player that will be overlooked, not because it's Barca, but because nine times out of ten those things aren't given.

Stupid from Nesta though, fucking stupid.

@FootballFan - Not everyone watches every Barcelona game, I didn't see the first leg, why would people alter their opinion of the current game based on the last one? Are we supposed overlook certain things because of the first leg?

lol at people calling it a disgrace. When Barca got fucked over by the refs in the first leg no one was calling it a disgrace then, now when barca got a soft penalty we get all the Uefa, Unicef claims.
I don't buy into any conspiracy. I don't like the attitude of the Barca players when they crowd the ref, and I don't like to see such dreadful decisions. I missed the first leg but I don't like people saying things "even out" either. Fergie said it a couple of weeks ago and it's bullshit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
lol at people calling it a disgrace. When Barca got fucked over by the refs in the first leg no one was calling it a disgrace then, now when barca got a soft penalty we get all the Uefa, Unicef claims.

Yes. No one gave a fuck about Abbiati's clear penalty on Alexis or Mesbah's grabbing Puyol shirt during a corner. No one said jackshit.

Or the pitch being in such trash condition in the away leg. Serves Milan right.

Noirulus

Barca fans, you guys are better off supporting the fact that home teams usually get calls their way. That was not a penalty.

Nobody is saying it wasn't a penalty (apart from Frank), but it's particularly infuriating because I can guarantee the referee won't be consistent. There will be a similar example of shirt tugging by a Barcelona player that will be overlooked, not because it's Barca, but because nine times out of ten those things aren't given.

Stupid from Nesta though, fucking stupid.
It wasn't a penalty, the ball hadn't been played, so it can't be.

Moobabe

Every fucking season.

They have short memories - best leave them to blindly defending their club. Crowding refs, diving, feigning injury, complaining about tactics, openly discussing other club's players in press conferences (Fabregas), even turning on sprinklers when they lose. For all the "wonderful" football they play - the club is pathetic - no matter what humanitarian cause they may sport on their shirt.

WrikaWrek

Banned
It's not even a debate. It's not a penalty. The guy was fouling before the the game resumed, and when the ball started rolling, Nesta was fouling and being fouled.

It's not a penalty. Regardless of it being stupid from Nesta or not.

Salvadora

They have short memories - best leave them to blindly defending their club. Crowding refs, diving, feigning injury, complaining about tactics, openly discussing other club's players in press conferences (Fabregas), even turning on sprinklers when they lose. For all the "wonderful" football they play - the club is pathetic - no matter what humanitarian cause they may sport on their shirt.

The Fabregas saga was a disgrace.

Kyoufu

It's not even a debate. It's not a penalty. The guy was fouling before the the game resumed, and when the ball started rolling, Nesta was fouling and being fouled.

So Nesta was fouling when the ball was played?

That's a penalty.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i feel so gutted right now. i don't mind losing to a superior team, but not like this. an embarrassment for the sport.

we have been getting screwed by refs in the league the past couple of games, but that's to be expected because we are the favorites in every game. in CL too though? i'm just gutted.

LOL I must be watching a different league then!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

because we are the only team of players that dive :rollfuckingeyes

MMaRsu

Fine, now thats settled return to the action!

By virtue of it being at the Nou Camp and for Barcelona it negates any doubt in the referee's mind. Call us "haters" all you like - but the amount of fans, neutral or otherwise, that call out Barcelona's shit year on year suggests it's a little more than "haters gonna hate."

Wait what? When did I call anyone a 'hater'? I fucking hate that term, it's the worst shit since 'EPIC' got shoe-horned into every sentence.

I'm neutral, I think it was a soft penalty (yes I know it should have just been re-taken etc etc) but he did pull him to the floor. In the box.

Man, if Milan win this game, I'm pretty sure Allegri is going to run out onto the pitch like Mourinho did, screaming "#1 #1".

jose-mourinho_ap_1773107c.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
You all seem to be forgetting Barca could have been given 2 clear penalties last game. lol.
Same shit every time. But alright guys UEFAlona, Unicef, Platinilona, etc.

These same haters are never here when when Barca was denied 2 penalties last game, they appear here when there is ONE bad call. LOL

Two? I remember the Sanchez one, which was disputable because the ball looked like it was going out of play.

First one tonight was a clear penalty. The second one, the ball wasn't in play, Puyol was wrestling Nesta to the ground and it happens at every set piece ever. All the fans like :lol barca hate barca hate :lol, it's because where the fuck do you ever see penalties like that given? It's an embarrassing decision, and a side that are quite clearly so talented should be able to get through games based on their talent and skill and not on some ridiculous decisions. Prove you're the best by scoring the goals, because it annoys me when something like this happens and then the world circle jerks over them like they've played wonderfully; even if they go out it'll be 'oh no woe is barca'. Fuck that, it's a soft penalty.

Moobabe

Wait what? When did I call anyone a 'hater'? I fucking hate that term, it's the worst shit since 'EPIC' got shoe-horned into every sentence.

I'm neutral, I think it was a soft penalty (yes I know it should have just been re-taken etc etc) but he did pull him to the floor. In the box.

I wasn't talking about you, sorry if it came off that way. But some people throw the term around as a lazy defence.

rififi

Yes. No one gave a fuck about Abbiati's clear penalty on Alexis or Mesbah's grabbing Puyol shirt during a corner. No one said jackshit.

Or the pitch being in such trash condition in the away leg. Serves Milan right.

I certainly noticed these and may have accepted a penalty, albeit being pissed off (just like I accepted the first penalty of tonight). Though I don't think it was warranted last game.

However, it's like the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf,
there were countless other times when Barca got beneficial calls, often due to dubious or ridiculous circumstances (RVP getting red carded last year, fouls from diving, etc). So that is why we always view every foul for Barca in suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom