• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

Wish we got these kind of decisions in games...
article-0-0D87E34A000005DC-154_306x353.jpg

Didn't Abidal get nothing for that? Or am I remember it wrong? D:

FootballFan

Haters coming out now, but nowhere to be seen when Barca denied 2 penalties in the first leg :lol. Typical.
I didn't complain about those, so why do you guys complain about these

Moobabe

Happens every year guys - I don't know why we bother watching the 'Greatest Team on Earth.' Didn't Puyol do the EXACT same thing to a Milan player last week and nothing was given?

i feel so gutted right now. i don't mind losing to a superior team, but not like this. an embarrassment for the sport.

we have been getting screwed by refs in the league the past couple of games, but that's to be expected because we are the favorites in every game. in CL too though? i'm just gutted.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a penalty. You can't do that.

That happens at every fucking corner ever given. And like TFM says, the set piece has to be retaken. If there's a goal kick and someone gets punched in the face in the opposing penalty box, it isn't immediately a penalty because it happened there. Card Nesta if you're being the most pedantic prick ref on the planet, but giving the penalty? Favouritism.

It doesn't look like a penalty to me from the Laws of the Game.

"A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences [includes holding an opponent] is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play."

I'll see if I can find any more clarification.

elsk

Banned
Real Madrid an Barcelona are supported by UEFA and referees so they can face each other in the final. What a disgrace.

Kyoufu

That happens at every fucking corner ever given. And like TFM says, the set piece has to be retaken. If there's a goal kick and someone gets punched in the face in the opposing penalty box, it isn't immediately a penalty because it happened there. Card Nesta if you're being the most pedantic prick ref on the planet, but giving the penalty? Favouritism.

It's not favouritism, it's the rules. Remember the penalty Sunderland were given against Newcastle a few weeks ago? Same thing.

I agree that it's soft and should just be retaken, but referees are told to give penalties.

Blablurn

while u guys are fighting with each other i'm just enjoy a very nice football match on a wednesday evening. great play so far.

Well, that was something. Seedorf shouldn't play anything similar to football, Mexes screwed up so much in this first half. The second penalty was a noobish move, Nesta should have done better. Ibra kinda meh, his assist was wonderful tbh, Robinho just runs across the pitch without doing anything really useful, so does Boateng.

We can still get to the semifinals, but I think Barca will score before the 60th minute, and close the game easily.

But really, Seedorf out, please. Put Amelia in, Allegri, do whatever you want to do, but please, no more Seedorf.

the shirt tugging took place BEFORE THE BALL WAS KICKED. when the ball was kicked, nesta was still holding his shirt but puyol tackled both nesta and biscuits. that is the softest fucking penalty ever and if you disagree then i dunno what to tell you. i guarantee barca grab our player's shirts on every fucking corner but it isn't called.

that being said, pay attention to our first corner kick next half. all our players will be diving. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
but he was holding busquets... it's a clear penalty. I don't get the outrage, people want to see barcelona eliminated so badly that it's suddenly ok to go above the rules of the game.

the first was not a penalty I admit, but this one is pretty clear. besides fuck off, in the away leg we were denied a couple of penalties. Really shouldn't be talking about UEFA helping us.

Kyoufu

but he was holding busquets... it's a clear penalty. I don't get the outrage, people want to see barcelona eliminated so badly that it's suddenly ok to go above the rules of the game.

the first was not a penalty I admit, but this one is pretty clear. besides fuck off, in the away leg we were denied a couple of penalties. Really shouldn't be talking about UEFA helping us.

People just want to see the world burn. Or Barca lose.

Barca diehards coming out and of the woodwork and defending Barca. News at eleven I guess.

Defensive much? I'm a neutral and that was a penalty.

Rad-

GAF Barca fans are weird. You guys defend the most obvious worst decisions. At least other team supporters usually admit the horribad calls.

Moobabe

Soft penalty obviously but not the stone wall rediculous decision that some people are making it out to be.

By virtue of it being at the Nou Camp and for Barcelona it negates any doubt in the referee's mind. Call us "haters" all you like - but the amount of fans, neutral or otherwise, that call out Barcelona's shit year on year suggests it's a little more than "haters gonna hate."

lol at people calling it a disgrace. When Barca got fucked over by the refs in the first leg no one was calling it a disgrace then, now when barca got a soft penalty we get all the Uefa, Unicef claims.

Stimpy

the shirt tugging took place BEFORE THE BALL WAS KICKED. when the ball was kicked, nesta was still holding his shirt but puyol tackled both nesta and biscuits. that is the softest fucking penalty ever and if you disagree then i dunno what to tell you. i guarantee barca grab our player's shirts on every fucking corner but it isn't called.

that being said, pay attention to our first corner kick next half. all our players will be diving. :lol

If that's the softest penalty you have ever seen you mustn't have been watching football for very long.

Yazan

Every fucking season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom