• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez 3-0

untitled-147uktj.gif

Pedro 4-0

untitled-16t5jih.gif

Great ball from Rochina, if intentional. Nice shot from Carroll as well - obviously a Blackburn player who put on the wrong jersey tonight.

Blackburn seem a bit over-cautious right now. Aren't they fighting against relegation?

dschalter

I have only seen the gif but it looks 50/50 dive or push to me. I suppose my question is how can it be a yellow for the keeper? Its either a red to the keeper or a yellow for diving isnt it?

well, the idea is that the ball was running away from him and he wasn't in possession, but it was a clear red.

ShogunX

I have only seen the gif but it looks 50/50 dive or push to me. I suppose my question is how can it be a yellow for the keeper? Its either a red to the keeper or a yellow for diving isnt it?

Because the view from behind the goal shows that Yakubu didn't have the ball under control and Coates would of challenged for it.

Slizz

What a game, turned it off after Liverpools early goal but this thread, this thread made me put it back on... Thank you.

Wilbur

Banned
This game is amazing. I don't even give a fuck who wins. It's just entertainment.

Match of the season?

Chelsea - Arsenal had it beat. But it's close.

Carroll if that had gone in hahahaha. Could have been another red for Jones as well, and Flanagan. Lucky boys are Pool.

Wilbur

Banned
Are you comparing Flanagan not getting sent off to the non penalty for Fulham and the red card/peno against QPR?

Hope not.

Why not? Fulham should have had a penalty. Goal shouldn't have counted for Young, neither should the red card. Should have been a penalty for Flanagan.

Clegg

Are you comparing Flanagan not getting sent off to the non penalty for Fulham and the red card/peno against QPR?

Hope not.

Why does everything have to be compared to what happened in a United game?

Flanagan should have been sent off and Shaun Derry should have stayed on the pitch.

ShogunX

Why not? Fulham should have had a penalty. Goal shouldn't have counted for Young, neither should the red card. Should have been a penalty for Flanagan.

What?

Anyway not sending off Flanagan is in no way comparable to those two other decisions. Suggesting it is is moronic.

we are such shit, can't believe we won that game. i guess our form is to be expected though, we had 13 first squad players out.

in any case, i'll take it. three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom