• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool 3-2 Blackburn FT

untitled-176rlk0.gif
untitled-18r6ae7.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Done a bit by the ref but we deserve nothing more today and fully deserve to go down

I'd say QPR, Bolton and yourselves have been just as bad as each other (Wolves far and away the worst of the season, Wigan I just like so I'm biased). But tonight? Deserved more. Liverpool were favoured by the referee tonight.

As far as I know, none of the relegation battlers have earnt a point in this little run of games so I don't think that defeat is terminal.

Just realised Dortmund - Bayern is on at the same time as the United game. Sucks.

Wilbur

Banned
As far as I know, none of the relegation battlers have earnt a point in this little run of games so I don't think that defeat is terminal.

Just realised Dortmund - Bayern is on at the same time as the United game. Sucks.

Watch both, grip penis with two hands.

Fry

This has been fucking hilarious
ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif

I watched three matches simultaneously on sunday, I'm sure you can do it too.

Liverpool just won 3 points. Relegation Battles like that make this league.

Liverpool deserved it, set up well and got two good goals on the break, individual mistakes cost them but they have a man in charge who was once a real manager, ours has never slept in the same room as one

Wilbur

Banned
It wasn't as good as Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal in terms of pure entertainment, but that Jones push alone made it fucking brilliant.

Liverpool really were lucky not to be down to 9 before half time, Jesus. Still, Blackburn played right into their hands.

Carroll to go on a Cisse-like run?

Clegg

Some sorting out is needed in Liverpools defence.

I know they didn't concede from open play but you have to ask why they gave away 2 penalties in the first place.

And tell Kenny to fucking play Maxi. But he'll probably drop him for the next game anyway.

Arnie

I'd start him on Saturday anyway. The whole one up front thing is frustrating to watch.

Agree. He's a battering ram as Morsel said, even if he often misses the door.

I'm just petrified of Brad Jones, I hope that Liverpool heed Friedel's advice at half time and try to get Doni's red rescinded. Doesn't matter if we fail because the extra game will be covered by Reina anyway.

Shelvey was really impressive tonight. Think he's more exciting than Henderson and he's still a couple years younger.

That was awesome. Not a good match in a footballing sense but there is no way you could have written that script. Madness!

Shelvey is good, was the only player who kept calm in the madness, great technique he's got.

Clegg

It wasn't as good as Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal in terms of pure entertainment, but that Jones push alone made it fucking brilliant.

Liverpool really were lucky not to be down to 9 before half time, Jesus. Still, Blackburn played right into their hands.

Carroll to go on a Cisse-like run?

Chelsea/United at Stamford Bridge was pretty good.

Especially for those De Gea saves.

Arnie

I wouldn't rate Liverpool's chances on Saturday.

Without our first two goalkeepers neither would I.

There are a couple of positive points though. Hopefully we should have our first choice back four with Agger and Johnson back. And secondly Everton are notorious bottlers in the derby.

definitely. henderson keeps making strides too, looked a lot more confident than usual.
Yes, had a good game. I wouldn't say man of the match but he was certainly in the top three, he just needs to get a bit more confidence when looking forwards to pick a pass.

Coates was man of the match for me, made a couple of really important tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom