• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Lies! English footballs most decorated club is not Liverpool! Outrage!

article-1392321-0C54D01E00000578-939_233x423.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
From the Guardian live blog. I tend to agree. It's why I wanted Rooney out last year, at least he's been good this year. Can't see Tevez not repeating his behaviour.

31 min: It'd be interesting to hear what Manchester City fans - the more sane, intelligent and thoughtful ones, rather than the mouth-foaming, one-eyed halfwits whose opinions count for nothing - make of Carlos Tevez's return to the team.

Having returned from his tantrum and the ensuing five-month holiday, he's now showing them what they've been missing and all the evidence available suggests they could well be clear in the title race if he hadn't chucked his rattle from the pram in a parabolic arc after being asked to warm up twice in a Champions League match.

Personally, if I was a City fan, I wouldn't want a player who treated fans with such contempt to play for my team ever again, but I've previously been monstered by morons for suggesting as much on Twitter. But the fact of the matter is, I'd prefer if my club failed in its tilt at the title without a treacherous little scrote like him in the side than win it with him contributing goals after his five-month mid-season golf outing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think Liverpool deserved to win. They showed more energy throughout and had more quality in the final third. I'm glad they did, if we get through tomorrow I'd much rather play them than Everton.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well that was fun to watch.

On to Schalke-Dortmund!

Today's a pretty good matchday to be stuck at home without a car and with rain all day.

Manager

From the Guardian live blog. I tend to agree. It's why I wanted Rooney out last year, at least he's been good this year. Can't see Tevez not repeating his behaviour.

31 min: It'd be interesting to hear what Manchester City fans - the more sane, intelligent and thoughtful ones, rather than the mouth-foaming, one-eyed halfwits whose opinions count for nothing - make of Carlos Tevez's return to the team.

Having returned from his tantrum and the ensuing five-month holiday, he's now showing them what they've been missing and all the evidence available suggests they could well be clear in the title race if he hadn't chucked his rattle from the pram in a parabolic arc after being asked to warm up twice in a Champions League match.

Personally, if I was a City fan, I wouldn't want a player who treated fans with such contempt to play for my team ever again, but I've previously been monstered by morons for suggesting as much on Twitter. But the fact of the matter is, I'd prefer if my club failed in its tilt at the title without a treacherous little scrote like him in the side than win it with him contributing goals after his five-month mid-season golf outing.

So what would you do? Let him roth on the bench and pay him £5m in salary?

Let me get this right: you would rather want your club lose out on a title? On principle?

Most fans would say they'd do anything for a title.

sohois

Get the fuck in Carroll.

Also for all my criticism of Kenny at half time, he stuck to his formation, he stuck with Carroll and in the end it paid off big time.

Arnie

Holy shit I'm so happy. I hope you lot hated that, everton looking like they might rob us, then little Luis (motm) steps up and big andy grabs the winner. Perfect day.

When I get home I want gifs, gifs, gifs.

Feel for distan. But I feel so happy for andy, he was top today despite that miss.

Salazar

Carragher just said

"Suarez... I wouldn't swap him for any player in the league"

I could name 20 players I'd swap him for.

Carragher also said Kenny was one of the great managers, putting him on a par with Ferguson, Shankly, Clough, Busby, and that he was the most iconic figure in British football.

His brain is overflowing with wank.

Oh look City fans like Tevez again who saw that coming?

Oh and I'd like to take a moment to thank Liverpools comedy defending for messing up my 2-0 Suarez / Carroll prediction and costing me £180

bjaelke

Great gifs yet again Sunhi.
He's had his issues, but Carroll is really likeable. Pleased for the lad.

Absolutely. Even when the times get tough he still tries. Still waiting for the partnership with Suarez to pay off. They've still to find each other on the final third.

Anyways, great second half today. I think we deserved the win today despite the shaddy start. Not a comfortable performance at all but we were the better of the two sides.

So what would you do? Let him roth on the bench and pay him £5m in salary?

Let me get this right: you would rather want your club lose out on a title? On principle?

Most fans would say they'd do anything for a title.
It's a balancing act. Long term it could be a problem because it basically says a good player can be bigger than the club and the manager and have his own way. If you allow for that and then don't succeed, then the other players will either feel they can do the same or feel aggrieved that though they behave properly, they won't be treated the same way as other players (Dzeko for example).

Of course if you end up winning those things may be forgotten, but it's a risky strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom