• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

For a self-declared "lit guy," you seem confused about two simple words.

Suarez has been garbage as a striker this season, in addition to being a moral blight upon the game in general.

A garbage has-been defender popping up to say they wouldn't trade him for anybody because he managed to tuck away a backpass is straight up funny.

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair with Rooney you never know what will happen.

And if a Tevez situation does happen I'll want him out of my club.

I really dislike Young. I'm not revelling in his goals and going YOUUUUUUNNNNNNGGGGG because I don't like him or the way he goes about getting an advantage. So when Tevez is being rewarded eventually after taking a half year holiday, it just confuses me.

Edit: also fry watching the Dortmund match as well. Multi tasking motherfucker!!!

Kyoufu

It's mainly just this list.. Why not use the top goal scorers from last season?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

Well, I used mainly top goal scorers from the current season.

If we were to use the past I'd have included Torres too and also Carroll but I'd rather just use the present.

And that's how players are bought: Performance of their most recent season.

So the question is, would you not swap Suarez for the likes of RVP, Ba, Cisse etc?

I see Liverpool winning the cup then Kenny stepping down in summer.

He's a notorious bottler and probably knows he ain't up to it anymore and would be a good time to step down for all concerned with Rafa coming back.

Kenny to be DoF

Edit: as for Suarez he may be good but he is a striker and hasn't produced all that much even though he may do stuff that looks pretty

Az

What happened? They didn't show it here.

He came, just asked if he was Man of the match and took his little trophy. He tried to walk off and the interviewer kind of blocked him asking him if he dived. Tevez just bolted after that. Was awkward as hell...

GorillaJu

Who wouldn't you swap for? I don't find any player listed there as "pathetic" unless you think the likes of RVP, Aguero and Cisse are pathetic/laughable.

Javier Hernandez? Theo Walcott? Mario Balotelli? Grant Holt? You'd like one of those four to play football for your team over Luis Suarez. Those are just the obvious ones,

I'm sorry but I just can't consider you a fan of this sport if you think any of those three are better footballers than Suarez.

Or maybe you're just high, which would explain the content of the other 99.9% of your posts

Suarez has been garbage as a striker this season, in addition to being a moral blight upon the game in general.

Hold on I need to a few minutes to search around for a laughing gif good enough for this post.

This pointless discussion aside. I think we are about to get shattered tomorrow by ManU :( especially with the ManC performance that just occurred.

I think you've actually got a shot tomorrow, I don't think United will perform too well, I can see Villa getting away with a drab draw from that game. Would love the title to be decided on the derby game.

Those lists are hilarious btw.

Manager

He came, just asked if he was Man of the match and took his little trophy. He tried to walk off and the interviewer kind of blocked him asking him if he dived. Tevez just bolted after that. Was awkward as hell...

Thanks. The man doesn't know English.

Why the hell would you ask if he dived after a 6-1 win and a hattrick. Of all the questions to ask.

FootballFan

Aguero.
Rooney.
ClevGod.
Scholes.
Valencia.
Chicha.
Carrick.
Mata.
RVP.
Wilshere.

Cabaye.
Cisse.
Ba.
Oxlade Chamberlain.
Modric.
Bale.

Parker.
Drogba.
Sessegnon.
VdV.

Joke right? lol. I'll highlight which ones I would rather have.

Rooney
Valencia
Vidic
Berbatov
Aguero
Tevez
Silva
Kompany
Toure
Rvp
Mata
Dempsey
Modric
Bale
Ba
Cisse

Thats all I could get.

And Salazar caught a few with that delicious bait.

Much better list. Except Berba lol.

edit
/scratch this lol. Pointless discussion. Suarez is a douchebag etc but he is talented, all I'll say.

1-0

untitled-11s7k2g.gif

1-1

untitled-1362z2w.gif

Clegg

Anyway, Suarez is a better player than some on Kyoufus list.

But his goalscoring record in the PL is a bit crap for someone of his ability.

Kyoufu

Laughing so hard at these lists and Morsel getting so defensive over Suarez as if he's some hot shit. :lol

He would have scored none today if Merseyside knew how to backpass (flannagan and distin at least have no idea).

GorillaJu

Anyway, Suarez is a better player than some on Kyoufus list.

But his goalscoring record is a bit crap for someone of his ability

Someone's got it!

Laughing so hard at these lists and Morsel getting so defensive over Suarez as if he's some hot shit. :lol

So you're wrong, you look foolish (as usual), and you can't think of anything worthwhile to say... so you go with "u mad" and a :lol. Wonderful work.

caramac

A garbage has-been defender popping up to say they wouldn't trade him for anybody because he managed to tuck away a backpass is straight up funny.

Still blighting this thread with your bitter bile I see, Salazar.

elseanio

Well, I used mainly top goal scorers from the current season.

If we were to use the past I'd have included Torres too and also Carroll but I'd rather just use the present.

And that's how players are bought: Performance of their most recent season.

So the question is, would you not swap Suarez for the likes of RVP, Ba, Cisse etc?

I would swap Suarez for the likes of RVP, sure. Cisse, Ba, Holt, Yakubu? Fuck no.

Seep

Hey guys we're in another final! quit your bitching and start laughing at the fact one of the Manchester clubs will finish trophyless this season. HA

Arnie

Suarez is not a world class finisher.

He is world class at whatever it is he does. Hassler? Shadow striker? Tricky little bastard?

I love him. Highlight of the match outside of the goals was his rugby tackle on Heitinger.

PowderedToast

suarez has an infatuation with the woodwork, we've hit it more than any other team this season. i don't consider him a top tier player but he's a good asset for us purely from a football standpoint. as an actual person he's a careless dickhead.

Kyoufu

I would swap Suarez for the likes of RVP, sure. Cisse, Ba, Holt, Yakubu? Fuck no.

Cisse has scored 10 goals in his first 9 games in the premiership. Ba has scored 16, more than Suarez.

Yakubu has scored more than Suarez even with a bottom of the table team.

Come on son.

GorillaJu

Suarez is not a world class finisher.

He is world class at whatever it is he does. Hassler? Shadow striker? Tricky little bastard?

I love him. Highlight of the match outside of the goals was his rugby tackle on Heitinger.

He is a world class footballer. There is really no question about it. He was nominated for the Ballon D'Or for fucks sake.

Cisse has scored 10 goals in his first 9 games in the premiership. Ba has scored 16, more than Suarez.

Yakubu has scored more than Suarez even with a bottom of the table team.

Come on son.

Yes, because the quality of a player and their value to the team is judged purely on the number of goals. Keep em coming dude, I'm loving it.

1-0

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-11s7k2g.gif[IMG]

1-1

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-1362z2w.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man, I hate and love you at the same time. I stayed at home instead of going to a pub with friends just to make gifs and then you start posting BL gifs all of a sudden...

Thanks, I guess....you magnificent bastard ;D

[quote="Awesome Animals, post: 36941318"]Who scored that Dortmund goal? Class.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lukasz-piszczek/profil/spieler_25727.html[/url]

Arnie

He is a world class footballer. There is really no question about it. He was nominated for the Ballon D'Or for fucks sake.
Completely agree, to argue otherwise is just plain salt. Which he gets enough of in this thread.

However, he is not, yet, a world class finisher.

LegoArmo

Suarez is talented, he has great ball control, but it's not like he's dribbling past 3-4 players, and he's definitely not a finisher.

Often makes the wrong choice, sometimes just dribbles straight into opponents.

I don't know how to rate him, really, I'd play him at the head of a midfield diamond with 2 proper strikers up front, maybe.

elseanio

Anyone know if more trains usually get put on the Sunday after a Wembley final?

Absolutely nothing showing for Sunday back to Liverpool, and I don't wanna chance a last train for a 5:15 KO

Edit* and Suarez scored 81 in 110 games for Ajax. Also has 1 in 2 for his country. He's been wayward in his first season and a half here, but I do think he's capable of 20 goals a season

GorillaJu

And you people asking for peace, I think we deserve a chance to bite back a little bit. The top poster in this thread spends half his time shit-talking Liverpool. Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't hate Liverpool, he LIKES Liverpool, he just hates the manager, the star players, thinks our midfielder is ugly (god forbid), etc. etc.

I deserve my moment to troll and I'll enjoy it thank you very much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom