• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who's against video replays is deluded. ITV were able to show that it wasn't goal and had enough time for a few slow mo reactions as well as showing the celebrations before the game had restarted. Slow down the game my arse.

Kyoufu

Anyone who's against video replays is deluded. ITV were able to show that it wasn't goal and had enough time for a few slow mo reactions as well as showing the celebrations before the game had restarted. Slow down the game my arse.

Yup. Fucking terrible. FIFA are clueless.

Arnie

Torn now. One hand I want Spurs to win so that those nob head fans get nowhere near a final and on the other hand I want Chelsea to win because they have just done our team talk for us.

They have to come to Anfield in a few weeks as well. Have a feeling there's going to be a bit of trouble.

Like you say the team talk is done for us, we've got a good record against them and we've already played in a Wembley final so hopefully that removes some of the tension. Think we'd have a better chance against Chelsea than Spurs, and it looks odds on thanks to that ridiculous goal.

How goal line technology isn't implemented in the worlds biggest sport in 2012 is beyond me.

None of the refs could do anything but guess there, really. So many bodies in the way. It's goal line tech or stuff like that will keep happening.

Edit : Cech lucky that Spurs scored there, lol

Edit edit : Luiz noooooooooo

IceCold

i dont see why they cant have something like hockey for goalline technology. or just review the damn play.

I thought FIFA used goal line technology during the WC.

Regardless FIFA, UEFA, and most football bodies need to be to fire these old guys that hold all the power and replace them with fresh, young people instead. These guys are not interesting in improving the sport, but only in increasing the flow of money that goes to their bank accounts.

Jtzgy.jpg

Thing about video replays is if we had it now for solely the goal-line, calls would eventually come to allow it for decisions all over the pitch from red card decisions to yellow card decisions. Teams would begin to contest decisions just to slow the game down. How do you manage that?

Fintan

How does this work? They get the goal from the advantage and Cech doesn't get sent off because it was a guaranteed goal, whereas sending him off and giving the penalty would not be guaranteed? Or does he get sent off anyway?

That's assuming a red would've been given.

Thing about video replays is if we had it now for solely the goal-line, calls would eventually come to allow it for decisions all over the pitch from red card decisions to yellow card decisions. Teams would begin to contest decisions just to slow the game down.

Well the calls for just goal-line had been ignored for so long what will stop them just ignoring the calls for cards etc.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't understand the rule, usually when you play advantage you still go back and book the player, but not for penalty decisions, I guess.

I remember in the 2006 WC Kuffour absolutely wiping out Iaquinta, like 100% red card, but it was offside so it wasn't called.

Stubo

Non-goal given, not even a yellow for Cech. This sport really is a shambles at times, someone needs to explain how this is allowed to go on.

immy

Banned
Thing about video replays is if we had it now for solely the goal-line, calls would eventually come to allow it for decisions all over the pitch from red card decisions to yellow card decisions. Teams would begin to contest decisions just to slow the game down. How do you manage that?

Managers can make a certain amount of calls. Doesn't slow down tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom