• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

NXHAP.jpg

ShogunX

What a goal that is. Quite pleased because I'd rather play Chelsea than Spurs for just the psychological factor. We've not beaten Spurs for what seems like a couple of seasons, whereas we've already beaten Chelsea twice this season, and quite comfortably too.

Torn now. One hand I want Spurs to win so that those nob head fans get nowhere near a final and on the other hand I want Chelsea to win because they have just done our team talk for us.

They have to come to Anfield in a few weeks as well. Have a feeling there's going to be a bit of trouble.

Fintan

Torn now. One hand I want Spurs to win so that those nob head fans get nowhere near a final and on the other hand I want Chelsea to win because they have just done our team talk for us.

They have to come to Anfield in a few weeks as well. Have a feeling there's going to be a bit of trouble.
Is the league game before or after the cup final?

So I got tickets to see..
Schalke and Aston Villa vs. my team (MLS supporte, go Union!)
and Chelsea vs. our "All Stars"

Pretty happy to see Euro teams destroy my guys lol.
Got my usual season seats behind the net and near the locker rooms, my sons super excited and hopes for some great pics/autographs :)

LegoArmo

I'd have him above Van Nistelrooy and level with Shearer perhaps, although I've only seen highlights of Shearer's prime years really

He has so many qualities, power, pace (in his prime), long shots, free kicks, even whips in a good corner. So he'd definitely be up there, late bloomer though.

Looks like Chelsea have got this in the bag now...

Wilbur

Banned
Drogba at his best was better than Rooney will ever be, and possibly the second or third best striker in Premier League history. Any debate?

Henry
Shearer
van Nistelrooy
Drogba

Something like that. Different kind of player to Rooney though, very different.

Personally van Nistelrooy is my favourite but they would definitely be the top four. For iconic moments Cantona, and Fowler/Owen have also been good. But yeah, those four in any order really.

No idea what happened for that goal hahah. Always called a Liverpool - Chelsea final since the draw was made, with Liverpool winning. Bastards.

Fintan

That replay indicates that it didn't cross the line. What a shame. It's a shit way to (potentially) win a game. Makes the case once again for goal line technology. I remember the same thing happened against Spurs last season.

Bit of a joke really considering how quickly replays can be brought up too.

bjaelke

Personally van Nistelrooy is my favourite but they would definitely be the top four. For iconic moments Cantona, and Fowler/Owen have also been good. But yeah, those four in any order really.

No idea what happened for that goal hahah. Always called a Liverpool - Chelsea final since the draw was made, with Liverpool winning. Bastards.

I hope you're right. We have a better history against Chelsea.

Also Bergkamp deserves a mention.

Screwed out of the competition by 'Elite Referee' Martin Atkinson. Thanks a lot. How deflating must that be for a player when you work your socks off and the ref just decides to give a goal to the opposition for absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom