• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Stubo

Fuck off Young. Fuck off Jones.

Newcastle better pull some of their bullshit when they play City.
Smalling deserves some of your rage too.

That said, the whole team just wasn't good enough, as I feared would be the case. I will be massively frustrated/annoyed/salty/whatever if City take this all the way, and it is for that reason that I believe more than ever that they're certain to do so. 2 important games left, we shall see. Can't blame anyone but ourselves for letting a near certainty slip away.

Congratulations to the few City fans on here, an extremely solid team performance which evidently was too much for us to give sufficient answer to. I can only hope you cock it up again ;)

Arnie

City definitely deserved that. United bottled it. Nasri was actually really good tonight, best performance I've seen of him in a City shirt.

Still going to require a monumental effort to win it.

At least the world's smiling, even if it does turn out to be briefly.

untitled-10utxu1.gif

Well between Man City, Newcastle and QPR someone's season is going to get fucked up..

Still think Man Utd will somehow win this.

Mark Hughes fucking up Man City with QPR would be glorious.

DominoKid

fuck this whole team for the last month of games.
traffic cones would've played harder and better.
i cant even put into words how livid i am at SAF for this crap.

flyover

From last Tuesday to today has been one of the most fun weeks of football that I can remember, ever. I haven't even had any stake in most of the matches, but it's been great.

Wilbur

Banned
Such a shame the league is going to be won because Man United were crippled by injuries for most of the season.

Don't start your shit, not today. We didn't lose to Wigan because of injuries, nor did we throw away two goals against Everton because of them. And they're the reasons we aren't top right now. Just fucking give it a rest.

sneaky77

the league can still go in many directions there are two games left and Mancini will probably crap himself the next two games so I can see City fucking it up

Congrats City-GAF.

110% deserved. Should have won by much more.

United were woeful. Beyond belief Giggs stayed on that field.

PAPISS CISSE boy do we need you now.

Brinbe

fuck this whole team for the last month of games.
traffic cones would've played harder and better.
i cant even put into words how livid i am at SAF for this crap.

Really can't explain it... I think he just has too much faith in some of these vets. Like how he matched up with Barca in last year's CL final, and playing Park today. Maybe this is a wake-up call, but who knows.

That being said, youngsters like Jones were atrocious too, so there's no-one that should be immune to criticism.

Bo-Locks

Fergie got it wrong.

It would be absolutely criminal if City win the leage when United were 8 points clear at one stage. I still think that there is another twist in the road yet. I can still see both teams potentially dropping points. The fabled Sports Direct Arena is a tough place to go, right about now...

Kyoufu

Fergie got it wrong.

It would be absolutely criminal if City win the leage when United were 8 points clear at one stage. I still think that there is another twist in the road yet. I can still see both teams potentially dropping points. The fabled Sports Direct Arena is a tough place to go, right about now...

All eyes on Newcastle now.

dc89

YES!!!!!

Well played United, they had me shitting myself for 95 minutes. You could see what it meant to Kompany, no one can call him a mercenary, he is blue through and through.

Wilbur

Banned
YES!!!!!

Well played United, they had me shitting myself for 95 minutes. You could see what it meant to Kompany, no one can call him a mercenary, he is blue through and through.

He deserves it over everyone else at that club. Sweats blood every game.

YES!!!!!

Kompany is a class class act.

Honestly I know why you would have been nervous but United didn't get close to scoring tonight.

City were comfortably dominant and have shown they are the better team.

doicare

Show some decorum doicare

You were 8 points clear, injuries aren't to blame
So United wouldn't have been more than 8 points clear if they hadn't been fucked over by injuries?

And in the game tonight if Vidic and Fletcher and played whilst Kompany and Yaya were injured that wouldn't have made a difference either? lol

Requeim

Not even mad, what the fuck was he thinking with that lineup. This is worse than the old trafford game, fuck.

Not even bothered that city's probably going to take the league now, can't really say that we deserve it with performances and lineups like this.

Wilbur

Banned
So United wouldn't have been more than 8 points clear if they hadn't been fucked over by injuries?

And in the game tonight if Vidic and Fletcher and played whilst Kompany and Yaya were injured that wouldn't have made a difference either? lol

Will you please shut your fucking mouth? Not one person has been classless in here but you

Yen

"Vincent, congratulations on the win, but how do you feel about the fact we lead a futile and pointless existence?"

Az

Ok this is delusional now. Who is this guy.

FootballFan

YES!!!!!

Nice win!

Was an okay second half, but what was most surprising was how ManUnited were playing in the last 20 or so minutes, not really a lot of urgency, letting balls go out for goalkicks even though they could keep it in etc. Almost as if the result suited them, until the last few minutes.

Yen

Mister Browne ‏ @Mister_Browne
Liam Gallagher & Maradona? Is there going to be any cocaine left in Manchester tonight?

doicare

Don't start your shit, not today. We didn't lose to Wigan because of injuries, nor did we throw away two goals against Everton because of them. And they're the reasons we aren't top right now. Just fucking give it a rest.
You have no clue, either prove me wrong or stfu.
No Tevez for most of the season, no Yaya for two months, no Kompany for nearly 2 months.. meh, shit happens.
Not even close to the shit United have had to put up with this season.

K1LLER7

Even if we somehow win this season, Fergie needs to look at this team. Worst united team I've seen, city will only get better, Chelsea will be back next season and in Europe we've got no chance.

We need 2 quality midfielders, a LB and a striker. We can't rely on the older players any longer and tactics need to change.

Top Bottom