• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

DominoKid

Really can't explain it... I think he just has too much faith in some of these vets. Like how he matched up with Barca in last year's CL final, and playing Park today. Maybe this is a wake-up call, but who knows.

That being said, youngsters like Jones were atrocious too, so there's no-one that should be immune to criticism.

open the goddamn checkbook and buy a fucking midfield.
it's not rocket science.

aside from ballsing up the lineup in a major way, he didnt send us out there ready to play.
and he didnt make any adjustments really.

did we even have a shot on goal?

Kyoufu

It would be AMAZING if we beat City on Sunday.

It would be AMAZING if Sunderland beat United too.

Fuck, come on Tyne-Wear!

Mister Browne ‏ @Mister_Browne
Liam Gallagher & Maradona? Is there going to be any cocaine left in Manchester tonight?

LMAO!

Empty

time to get drunk :(

So United wouldn't have been more than 8 points clear if they hadn't been fucked over by injuries?

And in the game tonight if Vidic and Fletcher and played whilst Kompany and Yaya were injured that wouldn't have made a difference either? lol

you're making every other united fan look bad smh

Clegg

Well that was shite.

City deserved to win and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it. We were totally lacking in creativity which is nothing new really. Thats why it came as a surprise that we went 4-5-1 in the first place. We simply don't have the players to make that formation work.

Nani and Rooney were our only attacking threats and they were completely nullified for the entire game. If we want to play 4-5-1 for these types of matches then we simply must get players that would suit that system.

Its become clear that Park and Giggs are no longer capable of putting in big performances when it matters most. We've seen how much Giggs has struggled recently and Park has barely played at all this season.

dc89

He deserves it over everyone else at that club. Sweats blood every game.

He really does.

Kompany is a class class act.

Honestly I know why you would have been nervous but United didn't get close to scoring tonight.

City were comfortably dominant and have shown they are the better team.

I've been at Derbies and I've witnessed first hand what can happen.

1. Trollnaldo free kick out of no where, Fowler misses a penalty to equalize.
2. Scholes header In the last few minutes to win 0-1

I am always respectful to United when they okay City, they can make anything happen in any moment.

---

United with ZERO attempts on target. Holy hell.

Stubo

So United wouldn't have been more than 8 points clear if they hadn't been fucked over by injuries?

And in the game tonight if Vidic and Fletcher and played whilst Kompany and Yaya were injured that wouldn't have made a difference either? lol
Pointless speculation, why are you clinging to these stupid excuses?

The players on the pitch this season would have been enough if not for stupid mistakes and a couple of instances lacking focus, you don't need to bring in any other factors but those.

doicare

Actually it'll be won because Manchester City are a better football team than Manchester United.
Sure because Man City are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than United, that's why they can only win the league on goal difference whilst United have been fucked over by injuries for most of the season.

Arnie

Zero attempts on target.

What a bottle job.

Sure because Man City are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than United, that's why they can only win the league on goal difference whilst United have been fucked over by injuries for most of the season.
Well they beat you twice this season. Pretty conclusive.

doicare why don't you just shut the fuck up. Jeez dude give them credit they just shat on us for 90 mins.

Only thing that's worse than that performance is any attempt to justify it.

Az

It's doicare, remember thread title couple months ago? |OT| doicare about injuries? He doesn't post a lot, but when he does, it is about injured United players.
Lol yea I was mostly lurking back then. Didnt get it and didnt want to ask. Makes sense now.

If only City and Barcelona didn't have so much money, Arsenal would of won this year..

Wilbur

Banned
You have no clue, either prove me wrong or stfu.

Not even close to the shit United have had to put up with this season.

You're proven wrong because we bottled it against Wigan, Everton and City with almost no injuries. You're just being salty as fuck and it's embarrassing.

rodvik

City fans not been this happy since they were Chelsea fans
32f00f9793f4f885a61794c92fa5b6e3da97e3c7.gif

Salazar

doicare on a tear. I don't even have the energy to be embarrassed.

Abysmal lineup. Valencia, Welbeck, and even fucking Young earned a shot at that game, and Ferguson didn't fucking give it to them. Fucking Park, Nani, Giggs, Jones - garbage.

THERE IS NO POINT IN CROWDING A MIDFIELD IF THE PLAYERS AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH. NO FUCKING POINT. NOT AN ATOM OF JUSTIFICATION.

Bo-Locks

Really can't explain it... I think he just has too much faith in some of these vets. Like how he matched up with Barca in last year's CL final, and playing Park today. Maybe this is a wake-up call, but who knows.

That being said, youngsters like Jones were atrocious too, so there's no-one that should be immune to criticism.

People have been crying out loud for a young, fresh CM to replace Scholes for literally years, hence the excitement at Cleverley/Pogba. They're about 3 years too late.

Not starting Valencia was a mistake.
Starting both Scholes and Giggs was a mistake.

Theoris

Neo Member
Disclaimer: I'm a United fan.

Injuries are always a silly argument in would've, could've's in football. It is up to the quality of players, the staff and sheer chance to decide whether a player is injured or not - it's just one of those things. A balancing factor is having team depth, something which United certainly haven't had in a few years.

My hopes, however, rest on Newcastle to be injury free and fighting fit against City.

Stubo

You are surely trolling now?

I know it's painful to admit, but look at the results this season, 6-1 and 1-0. Blame the injuries, the Sikh's money, or anything else all you like, but the results back up their cause this season.

You can't argue these stupid points on here, no-one's going to listen to you. Take defeat like a man and stop building walls up to protect against the failures of the team this season.

8 points. 8. Points. I am livid. It's not over yet though, so you should probably quiet down until it is.

Clegg

What has happened to Jones?

He was great until March and then he just turned to shit.

I still think he'll be great one day but he has been very disappointing this year. Rafael should have started this game.

Meier

Missing players from Man City's starting lineup is the primary reason why ManU were even able to get on top in the first place. This argument just comes off as a bit silly.

dc89

I'll tell you what I hated the most about this game, after City scores Kompany ran past Jones and showed him in the back without anyone giving a fuck. What the fuck was that? Would Keane or Neville have accepted that shit? No. Keane would have put him in another zip code! No truculence.

From a United fan on another forum I frequent.

kharma45

What has happened to Jones?

He was great until March and then he just turned to shit.

I still think he'll be great one day but he has been very disappointing this year. Rafael should have started this game.

Pressure maybe? Loss of confidence possibly.

He'll be fine next season, like how Evans had one bad year. Hopefully though he doesn't get lugged with the shite tag Evans had to endure though.

doicare

doicare why don't you just shut the fuck up. Jeez dude give them credit they just shat on us for 90 mins.

Only thing that's worse than that performance is any attempt to justify it.
When did i say that in todays game City didn't outplay United? City won the game, United as per usual were without a significant amount of players.

FootballFan

Lol yea I was mostly lurking back then. Didnt get it and didnt want to ask. Makes sense now.

:D Doesn't take long for that thread title to make sense once you see his posts. :lol

No offense doicare, but complaining about injuries every single time is not a good enough excuse and it also must get annoying for your fellow United fans. The rest of them see that City were better but for some reason you don't.

Slizz

It was a terrible starting lineup and strategy for United however United has been flat for a couple of weeks now so maybe thats the reason for the different lineup and formation. Either way City played well and got the win. I can only hope that City's away form holds up and they draw at Newcastle and draw against QPR.

Clegg

When did i say that in todays game City didn't outplay United? City won the game, United as per usual were without a significant amount of players.

I know you're on the wind up but you could at least try a little harder.

We were missing Vidic and Evans from our starting line-up and thats it.

Hardly a significant amount.

Stimpy

That Mars bar advert has so many holes in it's plot, how can some random guy from the crowd be allowed to come on and play in goal for England, terrible writing.

Top Bottom