• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

K1LLER7

Cleverly would've had a better game than park. This game could've easily been 3/4-0 to city.

Mancini keeping his cool, Newcastle have to get a result.

Feorax

What has happened to Jones?

He was great until March and then he just turned to shit.

I still think he'll be great one day but he has been very disappointing this year. Rafael should have started this game.

It's the same problem we've had with Henderson. Thankfully, Hendo has become a bit of a beast in CM recently, but young players player out of position will always have difficulty adapting in high pressure environments like the PL.

FWIW, Jones has always looked most at ease in a holding role in the centre of midfield.

FootballFan

I know you're on the wind up but you could at least try a little harder.

We were missing Vidic and Evans from our starting line-up and thats it.

Hardly a significant amount.

Whyd you do that! Now he is going to post how Rafael, Owen, Berbatov, Anderson, etc are all starting line-up players. :p

The season isn't over yet guys..

dc89

When did i say that in todays game City didn't outplay United? City won the game, United as per usual were without a significant amount of players.

It's getting boring now dude, United have steam rolled teams with big players missing. They just didn't turn up tonight, or not enough of them did.

WJD

Even though City were better than us all game, it's still fucking frustrating that it was all decided by a set piece.

Meier

Not to argue against someone rubbishing doicare, but this is exaggerated tosh as well.

Perhaps. Impossible to say. We lost or drew matches we probably would have won when Lescott and Kompany were out due to injury (and suspension in Kompany's case). Yaya's time away certainly played a significant role on the FA Cup and Carling Cup matches -- Silva got absolutely wore out while he was away and it had a lasting effect beyond that. Hopefully we never have to rely on Savic again.

Clegg

Whyd you do that! Now he is going to post how Rafael, Owen, Berbatov, Anderson, etc are all starting line-up players. :p

The season isn't over yet guys..

Rafael is the only player in your list that would actually be considered a starter. He was fit but SAF didn't pick him to start.

Owen is old and crap, Berba should be playing but he's not getting picked and Anderson is just shite.

Zabojnik

very disappointing performance. fergie's team selection didn't pay off but in truth there were a load of poor performances too.

congrats to city, so much pressure and they did the job efficiently. title isn't over but you can't begrudge the league for a team that's outplayed us twice.

Which is why I was surpised today when I found out that in PL that's not the first deciding factor if two teams finish with the same amount of points. Goal difference comes first, really? It makes no sense to me.

doicare

If only City and Barcelona didn't have so much money, Arsenal would of won this year..
Great arguement, please come again.
You're proven wrong because we bottled it against Wigan, Everton and City with almost no injuries. You're just being salty as fuck and it's embarrassing.
Lol you have no clue, 3 games where actually United DID have significant injuries with Vidic, Fletcher, Evans (against City), Anderson + others, doesn't some how erase the bullshit of United being fucked over by having half there first choice team out injured on and off for most of the season.
Every team gets injuries, get the fuck over it.
No, not all teams have half there first choice team and reserves out injured for most of the season.
You are surely trolling now?

I know it's painful to admit, but look at the results this season, 6-1 and 1-0. Blame the injuries, the Sikh's money, or anything else all you like, but the results back up their cause this season.

You can't argue these stupid points on here, no-one's going to listen to you. Take defeat like a man and stop building walls up to protect against the failures of the team this season.

8 points. 8. Points. I am livid. It's not over yet though, so you should probably quiet down until it is.
United have beaten City twice this season as well. Both times United beat them they had more of there first choice team available compared to City...... When City beat United they had more first choice team players availble then United did...... strange how that works.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair play to say no complaints.

Thing is, Smalling and Jones will learn. Why then, does Evra either spend all his time in a centre back position or a left wing one? Fucking sick of his shite

Kyoufu

United have beaten City twice this season as well. Both times United beat them they had more of there first choice team available compared to City...... When City beat United they had more first choice team players availble then United did...... strange how that works.

You barely beat City even when Kompany was sent off in the first 10 minutes......

positive:

this might nudge Fergie in the general direction of the clubs piggy bank in the summer

might.
Let's face it. The team changed a lot in the summer. It's youthful with inexperienced players and the loss of Vidic really should have been terminal. There are positives to take from the season regardless.

But when you're 8 points clear, to concede that. Kill me now.

What a shit game to decide the league. Park was fucking awful. I was at the pub and had to leave for class right after...did Fergie or Mancini comment about each other post match besides that "badgering the ref" posted above?

dc89

What happened?

When asked about what happened with Mancini:

'Mancini was badgering the 4th official and linesman all game. And when I come out he starts. Only the other week he was complaint about referee's, well he can have no complaints tonight.'

Or something very close to it.

LegoArmo

When asked about what happened with Mancini:

'Mancini was badgering the 4th official and linesman all game. And when I come out he starts. Only the other week he was complaint about referee's, well he can have no complaints tonight.'

Or something very close to it.

I don't see anything wrong with that, he's right, there was no dodgy decisions, really.

Fergie seemed calm.

Kyoufu

What a shit game to decide the league. Park was fucking awful. I was at the pub and had to leave for class right after...did Fergie or Mancini comment about each other post match besides that "badgering the ref" posted above?

Mancini said the sideline stuff was just heat of the moment, nothing more.

Clegg

Again I have to ask what was the point of playing Park and Giggs?

Both have been brilliant servants of United but they are clearly over the hill. Giggs only looks good when he comes on with 20 minutes to go and Park doesn't have the same zip that he used to.

I hope that these Kagawa rumours are true because we need something different.

Bo-Locks

Fergie was fine. He was calm and quite level headed, he obviously put his piece of biased spin on it like every manager does, but right now Mancini and Fergie will be sharing a bottle of wine and talking about the family.

Meier

Haha my dads just uploaded a picture to Facebook of him and Liam Gallagher! Both look happy!

Post it! Blur out your dad's face if you're nervous about that sort of thing or whatever.

*currently listening to The Masterplan album due to earlier post*

Top Bottom