• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Clegg

I fear for Lucas. I'm terrified he will come back not even half the player he was.

Roy Keane missed an entire season due to a knee ligament injury.

When he came back he was an even better player than before.

He said that it all depends on your rehabilitation. If you work hard and dedicate yourself then you'll have a much better chance of recovering your old form.

Lee Sharpe got injured around the same time as Keane so they did their rehab together. Keane said that Sharpe half assed his rehab and as a result never fully recovered from his injury.

GQman2121

Banned
Lucas is a lot younger than Essien so he should be ok if trained well and allowed to heal properly.

Thats what we where saying when Essien, 25 at the time I believe, blew his knee out the first time. It's a mental thing too knees. It fucks with your game in more ways than one.

Does anyone know the reason for the medias continued support of Kean?

Most articles I've read are about how ha has been mistreated by the fans and that he has actually done a good job.

Which is nonsense of course.

Reporters will get knee capped by his gangster friends if they turn on him.

rodvik

Getting my mental self defences & excuses in early for Chelsea's humiliation.

Ref was biased to Barca
Barca dived & cheated
Chelsea was missing a key player(s)

Ok, I think I can face the game now :)

Meier

College football (American Football) is quite big in America isn't it? Does the season run alongside the NFL season?

Yep, they're more or less concurrent although college football ends a few weeks earlier (12-14 games per team versus 16-20). In terms of attendance, the major college schools have bigger stadiums than professional football teams. There are 25 football stadiums that hold over 80k people in the US and 23 are for college football teams. The Dallas Cowboys are the only NFL team at 80k or over (80k on the nose), the other is no longer in use by the team who used it previously (Detroit Lions).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_stadiums_by_capacity

Many of these massive stadiums are in "college towns" or they might be used by professional teams as well.

SkylineRKR

I'm not going to be hyped up, matches usually disappoint. Its about the second games during this phase of the CL. Chelsea don't want to concede at home, so they probably won't go all out.

I think this one will end up in a 1-1 draw or so giving Barca the advantage.

defel

I usually support English teams in the CL but after hearing some of the Chelsea fans in Wembley at the weekend Im kinda hoping Barca give Chelsea a good thrashing.

Wilbur

Banned
I want Chelsea to beat Barca because there's less of a chance of them beating Madrid or Bayern but on the other hand I'd rather Barca won the Champions League than Chelsea.

So as long as neither of these teams win the actual cup I don't care who wins. But go Chelsea.

Yen

I will cry if Chelsea win.
Edit: Haven't turned on the coverage yet, but itv's is always terrible - Chiles, Southgate, Keane, Strachan, not a piece of worthwhile analysis or punditry between them. Will watch on Sky and mute the half time shite.

RaGe_pt

I think Barça will win it today and they won't even have to bother that much. After that poor performance against benfica, I don't think Chelsea has any chances.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just want drama
I'm glad it's not just me
Ik3sK.gif

defel

I think Barça will win it today and they won't even have to bother that much. After that poor performance against benfica, I don't think Chelsea has any chances.

I think Chelsea have a chance if they get their tactics right. They've packed the midfield but back in '09 Chelsea had Ballack and Essien who were both very dominant central midfielders.

Top Bottom