• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Meier

NFL draws the most with about 65-70k, NBA draws a little less cause the arenas are smaller, MLB 25-30k range, then MLS draws about 15-20k

EDIT: Theses are attendance figures not earnings lol.
Yeah, this is pretty accurate. I think most NBA games are around 18-25k. Most MLS stadiums seat about 20k although the Seattle Sounders stadium holds about 40k and they actually fill it. High end MLB is in the 40s but low end in the teens so that's a good average.

NCAA (American) Football holds 80-105k for most of the major schools.

IceCold

I said this before and I'll say again, I feel like Chelsea will win. I have this gut feeling... or delusion from lack of sleep.

Just saw on twitter that you can get upwards of 4/1 on a Chelsea win tonight. As they put it, that's a ridiculous price for a two-horse race. Especially considering Chelsea need to win tonight if they're going to have any chance of going through.

My hatred for Steve Kean knows no bounds.

We are nearly down and out with one last shot at saving us this weekend, what does he do?

Flies out to watch bayern real last night?

What was he doing? Scouting Ronaldo or checking out the competition for our champs league run?

Hea milking this manager business for all it's worth

Pachimari

I came to think, how are you guy's pronouncing Neymar's name?

Ni-mar (like an "e")

Neye-mar (like an eye)

?

Because I have always pronounced it Ni-mar, but the tv commentators here kept saying Neye-mar.

Slizz

I came to think, how are you guy's pronouncing Neymar's name?

Ni-mar (like an "e")

Neye-mar (like an eye)

?

Because I have always pronounced it Ni-mar, but the tv commentators here kept saying Neye-mar.

Niegh as in neighbor mar as in mars without the s

EDIT: Or Carbonox's way, nevermind he changed it to copy mine.

Kyoufu

We are nearly down and out with one last shot at saving us this weekend, what does he do?

What was he doing? Scouting Ronaldo or checking out the competition for our champs league run?

He stole Ronaldo's boots for Blackburn to use to stay up!

Wilbur

Banned

Guy's a cunt, plain and simple. If you do get relegated hopefully he and the Venkys go.

Chris R

What station is the Chelsea game on in the USA? FSC? Trying to see if I can set my DVR at work here to record it so I can watch it.

Razor554

Barca: Valdés, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio B., Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi i Alexis

edit:
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanović, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles, Ramires, Mata, Drogba

Mastadon

Banned
Just saw on twitter that you can get upwards of 4/1 on a Chelsea win tonight. As they put it, that's a ridiculous price for a two-horse race. Especially considering Chelsea need to win tonight if they're going to have any chance of going through.

You can get a 7/2 draw no bet on Chelsea too.

ShogunX

I say Neigh-mar.

Pretty sure the majority of people do. Not sure why anybody would put a different spin on it.

You know what the worst one is? When commentators call Phil Jagielka - Yag-ielka. Makes me throw up in my mouth or how the LFC.TV commentator calls Suarez - Sue-arez.

Anyway Chelsea to get passed of the park tonight and get ripped open on numerous occasions - 1-4 Barcelona - Messi x 2, Sanchez (Fuck this daft Alexis shite) and Iniesta.

Clegg

Does anyone know the reason for the medias continued support of Kean?

Most articles I've read are about how ha has been mistreated by the fans and that he has actually done a good job.

Which is nonsense of course.

Carbonox

What's the deal with Essien? Why doesn't he play anymore? In-form Essien is a beast of a DM. Has he just been shit lately or something?

College football (American Football) is quite big in America isn't it? Does the season run alongside the NFL season?

Yes to both questions.

College games typically run on Thursdays and Saturdays except for Thanksgiving Day, while NFL games are on Sundays and Mondays but will have about 4 games on Thanksgiving Day. The NFL will also have game son a Thursday but that is reserved for the playoffs when the college season is already over.

GQman2121

Banned
I would guess we're going 4-4-1-1 allowing Mata to just do whatever he can between the mid fielders and Drogba. I expect cards will be plentiful.

Yen

Does anyone know the reason for the medias continued support of Kean?

Most articles I've read are about how ha has been mistreated by the fans and that he has actually done a good job.

Which is nonsense of course.

People then use the opposition to him as a reason for Blackburn's poor form.

Top Bottom