• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the season was over when Villa got injured IMO. that was 20 something goals down the drain.

K1LLER7

I had my econometrics exam the other day. It actually went better than I expected and I'm pretty sure I passed. About half the class didn't show up to take the test.

Nice one :)

Looking forward to the transfer window and if we actually sign a top class midfilder. Expect most moves to be done before the euros, which England will pretty much fail in.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Since my team didn't make it through to the Liguilla I'll be putting my money on Tijuana. Hopefully they manage to go through, they play some great football.

Fry

Hey Meier, look who was performing in my city today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osdn-96_syQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUierN0Z3u4

edit:

My friend went to the concert:

iJnO6awuluFuF.jpg

He said they all asked for The Masterplan countless times, Noel replied: 'Oh nice, you want The Masterplan'? and then 'I don't give a fuck.' LOL

Clegg

Nice one :)

Looking forward to the transfer window and if we actually sign a top class midfilder. Expect most moves to be done before the euros, which England will pretty much fail in.

Last summer we got our deals done fairly quickly.

And then we spent the rest of our time reading stories about Wesley Sneijder.

Kenka

How could I miss last night football ?

• Madrid won La Liga
  • PSG is now only 3 points behind Montpellier
    Damn you PSG, you'd better win the title Montpellier !
    with three match days to go
  • Newcastle beat the shit out of Chelsea with Cissé rising to heaven
*sigh*

bjaelke

How could I miss last night football ?

• Madrid won La Liga
  • PSG is now only 3 points behind Montpellier
    Damn you PSG, you'd better win the title Montpellier !
    with three match days to go
  • Newcastle beat the shit out of Chelsea with Cissé rising to heaven
*sigh*

Don't forget Ajax taking home the Dutch title:

jGx2Y26DlGrVJ.png

Play-off day, I am bricking it :|

We beat Cardiff away earlier in the season and have had a much better away record than our home one, so hopefully we can pick up the 3 points and score enough goals that it won't matter if we stuff it up at home again.

I didn't see our match yesterday (watched Juve's with a friend) but I think that a lot of people (outside of Gaf) are misreading the draw. At this point, after a lot of consecutive wins it's pretty understandable to draw a single match, shit happens. Now Conte has the chance to prove to everybody that he's the best coach that Juve could ever sign last year: I'm sure he has already started kicking some ass. Oh, and Allegri can now say that Muntari's goal counts! How great is that? :)

I don't know why but I'm not that confident about the Derby, even if Inter fans just don't want to watch Juve win the scudetto. Plus, Inter has to win if they want the 6th spot, Straminchini will certainly try to win.

And our next shirt sucks, big time. I've seen it at an Adidas Store: it's one of the worst, ever. They even got the number font wrong, what the fuck Adidas?
Ah I see, Buffon wants to keep the championship exciting :/

Hey, sooo did the Fiorentina manager (Delio Rossi) try to punch his own player (Ljajic)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AktbYN0Pls
I heard that on the radio, couldn't believe anything. Then I saw the replays. It's so strange, Rossi is usually a calm manager. Worst part about that was when the Fiorentina president fired him live on TV.

Also, congrats Ajax-Gaf and Madrid-Gaf! :D

Even Copenhagens midfield gives less space than that.

I heard that on the radio, couldn't believe anything. Then I saw the replays. It's so strange, Rossi is usually a calm manager. Worst part about that was when the Fiorentina president fired him live on TV.

Also, congrats Ajax-Gaf and Madrid-Gaf! :D

Saw that it was rumored he had said something about his mother who apparently died recently... So yeah, if that is true, it's a shitty reaction by Delio but pretty understandable. I hope Delio comes back to Palermo and Zamps will leave him alone this time.

Kenka

Geissbocken will never go down. NEVAR.

They are not Leeds or Nottingham Forest. Or Torino. Or Sampdoria.

They are more like St-Etienne to be truthful, except they suck a bit more.

Oh, and bjaelke, KAMPIONEN !!! Congrats Ajax although I would have rather wanted to see Twente, Feyenoord or Alkmaar raise the trophy.

Fady K

Man...I can't get over how amazing Cisse is mash'Allah. Beautiful, wonderful, and exquisite at finishing. The best in the league by far. Puts all others to shame almost. I wish at Chelsea we had a player we can count on like him up front. Wonderful, wonderful player.

His goal was also the best all season. Well deserved. If Cisse joined at the start of the season, they would not be fighting for 4th, they'd be fighting for first.

I wonder if Man City can get 3 points at Sports Direct Arena now; if they can - mad respect to them.

This

City aren't good with away games.

And they have the toughest away game of the season now IMO.

So Tottenham haven't won at the Reebok stadium since the 70s or something and Newcastle haven't won at Stamford Bridge in the league since 1986.

:(

Stats didn't mean jack in the end did they : [

The Dark Knight Rises will be the superhero film of forever. Count on it.

I only saw the new trailer once but I didn't get too hyped yet. I liked the Dark Knight's trailer a lot more, but I trust in Nolan and look forward to the film. His Batman films are my all time favorite movies.

z7NOA.jpg

I loved this. Does it count?[/spoiler]

Respect Yurt! Watchmen was WONDERFUL.

I also wanna apply to Chelsea-GAF.

You've been added my friend :)

Fuck comic book films

The best film at the cinema is easily cabin in the woods fools

Can't wait to see that! Heard an awful lot about it. Actually, I have just noticed that since I've become a big football fan, I barely watch movies >_<.

No Half Life 3 at E3.

Fuck everything.

I finished Half Life 2 as well as Ep1 + 2 for the first time just a year ago and I can't wait at all. To think that they made the fans wait as long as they did is insane!

I've never played Half Life 2 but I have the Orange Box. Should I start now?

I started very late myself - a year ago! If you like FPSs then you'll enjoy this, without a doubt. For me, the fact that I enjoyed an FPS made in 2004 greatly when playing it for the first time in 2010 is incredible.

It's just not going to happen for us tonight. Ugh....

I have noticed with Chelsea that when they start poorly they remain poor for the whole 90+ minutes. The recent league games against Fulham, Arsenal, Tottenham, and Newcastle all had one thing in common. We were dreadful on the attack 90% of the time and were very frustrating to watch. Newcastle won it though unlike the others who drew with us because they have a killer player that knows how to attack.

God, I wish we had a lethal young striker.

WHAT WAS THAT

WHAT WAS THAT

The most beautiful goal of the season <3

That's the goal of the year. Amazing. 10 times more impressive than Crouches. Wow.

Agreed. I could not believe my eyes haha!

Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle

untitled-8zjkh2.gif
untitled-9sajlu.gif

What a fucking goal.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Beautiful!

Believe Fady. Our reserve team can do it.

Chelsea's performance are either SO GOOD or SO AVERAGE, it's hard to know what to expect. I was particularly very unimpressed with Mata yesterday. Felt like another Malouda was on the pitch.

Chelsea-GAF is missing for some reason.

Also, Mikel lucky to not miss the FA Cup final.

It was a very dull performance by my team it drained me of the energy to come on GAF :[

Mikel's foul was horrible, no doubt, but Tiote was lucky to have not received a second yellow before that to be honest.

So my internet has been running like shit all day. Missed out game as a result, only just seen the 2nd Cisse goal (gif took about a month to DL)... wow.

We were the same old league-quality Chelsea (think back to the Fulham and Tottenham league games). Did not feel like a home game at all. We barely produced more than two good attacks in over 90 minutes.

Sloosha

Chelsea's performance are either SO GOOD or SO AVERAGE, it's hard to know what to expect. I was particularly very unimpressed with Mata yesterday. Felt like another Malouda was on the pitch.

Just have to hope for the good version in the CL final. Got this horrible feeling about where the rest of our season is heading.

elsk

Banned
Well, if they manage to win against Hoffenheim they would make it to Relegation Play-Off.
I expect them to lose in the play-offs anyway

Fady K

Just have to hope for the good version in the CL final. Got this horrible feeling about where the rest of our season is heading.

Let's hope for the best. If Chelsea really play at their best they have a chance of winning their first CL trophy, another FA cup, and being in the Champions League next season. Otherwise, all three gone. Imagine the difference :0

Overall we have had a horrible season in the league itself. From fighting for the title last season to trying to not even getting 5th. We have earned 61 league points from a possible 108. Says it all.

oh I don't know about that. Newcastle's trip to Everton is going to be hard work for Newcastle...

Oh no I meant Newcastle will be the toughest away game for Man City in a very long time.

Carbonox

Mancini trolling Utd - he said that the game against Newcastle will be their toughest yet. We've only lost twice at home so we'll be gunning for them big time.

Even Copenhagens midfield gives less space than that.

Saw that it was rumored he had said something about his mother who apparently died recently... So yeah, if that is true, it's a shitty reaction by Delio but pretty understandable. I hope Delio comes back to Palermo and Zamps will leave him alone this time.
If that's true, I'd kinda understand his reaction. I thought it was all related to football, can't believe that Ljajic is such an asshole.

Sloosha

Let's hope for the best. If Chelsea really play at their best they have a chance of winning their first CL trophy, another FA cup, and being in the Champions League next season. Otherwise, all three gone. Imagine the difference :0

It would be heartbreaking to end up with nothing, especially with the last couple of weeks we have had.

Sloosha

I agree....very heartbreaking. My worry is, even with Di Matteo, the league form is not very promising.

What do you think of Sturridge Fady? Every time he takes a speculative shot instead of getting a cross in, I die a little inside. I mean, who does he think he is... Cisse?

Fady K

What do you think of Sturridge Fady? Every time he takes a speculative shot instead of getting a cross in, I die a little inside. I mean, who does he think he is... Cisse?

Oh man, I feel exactly the same Sloosha. It's sad because at the start of the season Sturridge was the most promising Chelsea player in my eyes. Now he loses the ball so easily (because he opts to keep it for far too long rather than pass or heck, even shoot).

See, we need someone reliable up front. What Messi is to Barca, what Ronaldo is to Madrid, what Rooney is to United, what Van Persie is to Arsenal, basically - we need a star. Torres has been soooo good these days (best Chelsea player in most occasions), but he can't do it all the time. It's unbelievable how Newcastle found the deadliest weapon in Freiburg of all places.

Sloosha

Oh man, I feel exactly the same Sloosha. It's sad because at the start of the season Sturridge was the most promising Chelsea player in my eyes. Now he loses the ball so easily (because he opts to keep it for far too long rather than pass or heck, even shoot).

See, we need someone reliable up front. What Messi is to Barca, what Ronaldo is to Madrid, what Rooney is to United, what Van Persie is to Arsenal, basically - we need a star. Torres has been soooo good these days (best Chelsea player in most occasions), but he can't do it all the time. It's unbelievable how Newcastle found the deadliest weapon in Freiburg of all places.

I have a cunning plan. We scour the K-league for our next big star. ;)

neoanarch

Does anyone know if Chelsea recalled a lot of its on loan players or was it just Davila? Its kind of weird seeing someone recalled with just a few weeks to go in a season. You know, who isn't called in due to injury crisis.

Wilbur

Banned

The answer was yes

Just came in from a night out and watched that Muamba video. Very emotional. Began to tear up.

I pretty much cried.

I just had a massive grin on my face the whole time, was so happy to see him walking around, you could tell how much it meant to him. Fucking chuffed on his account.

Play-off day, I am bricking it :|

We beat Cardiff away earlier in the season and have had a much better away record than our home one, so hopefully we can pick up the 3 points and score enough goals that it won't matter if we stuff it up at home again.

I didn't know there was football tonight! I can't see you losing to Cardiff, they're the bottlers of the league.

That's not happening.

Sloosha

Does anyone know if Chelsea recalled a lot of its on loan players or was it just Davila? Its kind of weird seeing someone recalled with just a few weeks to go in a season. You know, who isn't called in due to injury crisis.

Just Davila. I think it ended up being a pretty poor loan spell unfortunately. Will be interesting to see what we do with him next season: Send him on loan again, or keep him with the reserves.

Top Bottom