• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

elsk

Banned
Skip this blog post.

Yes! In early April. It's only for a year or two. :(

I'm alright! I know someone there already, and he's helping me a lot with everything! :D It was a pretty wild culture shock at first, but it helps that everyone around me talks about football!

So far I've met a:
Lebanese Juventina.
Bitter Gunner. (Has a Ryan Giggs poster though)
Trash talking Barcelona supporter. "Lol your team is Juve? Why man!"
2ay9T.gif

An old, old guy who's mad about Liverpool. I think he's in his 60s?
Two Milanisti (pretty cool guys, and yes they complained about the ghost goal :p)
One who supports Madrid + Merda.

Haha, great. Best of luck over there, Yurt! :)

Mastadon

Banned
Got a feeling Bayern might sneak it today - one goal margin.

You can get 4/1 on both teams scoring in the first half. Seems like a decent shout.

Pachimari

That's actually better. A less defensive Real Madrid.
It's a more "defensive" Madrid in that Coentrao has to close down Robben while Marcelo usually attacks all game long.

We are careful with this match.

And seriously, 95% of the Madrid fans saw it coming, that Coentrao would start this one. It were never even up for debate.

/XX/

I didn't post on this kind of threads of this forum, I usually post on other local forums specifically dedicated to the sport in question, but given the overwhelming support by Blablurn & Co. present here I'll just say:

'Hoy se rompe la maldición bávara, ¡a por la décima!¡Hala Madrid!'

Pachimari

I'm sorry but I'm not a psychic. Marcelo played well last time.

Why? Last time I checked Marcelo has started more than Coe. Both are attacking defenders.
It doesn't matter. Marcelo played the league game for a reason and Mourinho prefers some defensive responsibility against a fearful attack of Bayern, especially Robben and Ribery.

Anyway, HALA Madrid!

pulga

Banned
oh god im getting nervous

HALA MADRID

edit: Duh at Coentrao starting. He's been starting all CL matches, plus we need his more defensive mindedness against Bayern's wingers.

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't post on this kind of threads of this forum, I usually post on other local forums specifically dedicated to the sport in question, but given the overwhelming support by Blablurn & Co. present here I'll just say:

'Hoy se rompe la maldición bávara, ¡a por la décima!¡Hala Madrid!'

You should post here! We're the most fun

HALA MADRID

-Eddman-

I'm with Bayern in this one. I've never liked the spanish teams for whatever reason.

Actually, I would love to see Madrid losing both the semifinal and the League (really improbable though) just because I really hate Mou's arrogance.

Wilbur

Banned
In Italy, it's Forza?
Spain, Hala?
Germany, I've seen Heja BVB going around recently.

In England, COME ON YOU FUCKING REDS

elsk

Banned
It's a more "defensive" Madrid in that Coentrao has to close down Robben while Marcelo usually attacks all game long.

We are careful with this match.

And seriously, 95% of the Madrid fans saw it coming, that Coentrao would start this one. It were never even up for debate.

Actually, the unofficial lineup was a 4-3-3 with both Marcelo and Coentrao playing in the left wing, that was more defensive.

Pachimari

Actually, the unofficial lineup was a 4-3-3 with both Marcelo and Coentrao playing in the left wing, that was more defensive.
Yea, that was newspaper bullshit line-up as usual.

But yea I see why you say it's a more attacking line-up then. :)

Robben's not going to have his attacking neutered by an attacking fullback forcing him to track back. He's just going to use that space to abuse and exploit you.

elsk

Banned
Haha, a member of a Bayern forum I visit managed to get a volunteer job for this match, maybe the boots issue is his fault :p

Pachimari

Robben's not going to have his attacking neutered by an attacking fullback forcing him to track back. He's just going to use that space to abuse and exploit you.
Case is, Coentrao has been great defensively for us this season, much better than Marcelo for this game at the Allianz. And I'm even one who says Marcelo is the world's best left back.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Got a feeling Bayern might sneak it today - one goal margin.

it's a trap - they've stiffened the middle and will invite Bayern on and then sucker them on the counter.

It's going to depend on the first goal - if Real score early doors then we could be in for an unfortunate night of football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stealing their boots is a brilliant idea.

Would be more awesome if they end up selling them on Bayern's online store!

Case is, Coentrao has been great defensively for us this season, much better than Marcelo for this game at the Allianz. And I'm even one who says Marcelo is the world's best left back.

I don't feel comfortable calling Alves and Marcelo the best in the world in their respective positions. Especially Marcelo

Blablurn

i'm positive and say... 2:1 for us. i doubt real that real won't score. but i also think that this is one of those days where gomez just scores like crazy.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't feel comfortable calling Alves and Marcelo the best in the world in their respective positions. Especially Marcelo

I can't think of any better right back than Alves except arguably Lahm. And can't think of any better left back (although not as much quality there)

elsk

Banned
i'm positive and say... 2:1 for us. i doubt real that real won't score. but i also think that this is one of those days where gomez just scores like crazy.

3:0
Fuck Madrid!

And I'm buying the home kit with the name of the today first Bayern scorer.

Wilbur

Banned
Are all Championship teams playing tonight as well?

Yeah, Reading could go 6 points clear with two to play for!

They'll go up and I'l say Southampton as well, West Ham are in the playoffs and it's looking likely Birmingham are too, so it's between Blackpool, Cardiff and Middlesbrough for the remaining two. Hopefully Birmingham or Blackpool come up.

I can't think of any better right back than Alves except arguably Lahm. And can't think of any better left back (although not as much quality there)

I just haven't seen them do enough defending for me to feel confident in judging them. Alves is certainly one of the best right wingers in the world :p

Top Bottom