• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter is saying Arsenal have accepted Juve's bid for RVP at £20m (up from our original bid of £15m but down from Arsenal's asking price of £25m). So, basically a dead down-the-middle compromise.

Your wish is Marotta's command, Zab.

Hope this pays off if true.

Also, 1-0 Inter. lol defending from Lucio. Mate, that's why you're backup :p

Arnie

Where do you get your Curry from?
Back in Sheffield so I'm going to Balti King in Broomhill. Was out watching some music today and some guy came over and gave us a voucher for £25 worth of food for a tenner. Ridiculous deal, doesn't speak volumes for the quality, but I'm not that picky. Don't plan on going out after anyway, so if I'm in my room gurning off a stomach ache it's not a problem.
I reckon he could be massive for you this season considering you didn't get Gylfi.
I've thought that every season, and I don't know why he isn't an automatic starter. I urge everyone to watch the match just to see his quality. Technically magnificent.

dc89

Twitter is saying Arsenal have accepted Juve's bid for RVP at £20m (up from our original bid of £15m but down from Arsenal's asking price of £25m). So, basically a dead down-the-middle compromise.

Mansour on the phone telling Khaldoon to make his move.

"GO GO GO".

Zabojnik

Interesting, if true. *yawn*

What a terrible start of the season from Lucio. :D That pitch should be illegal btw. It's absurdly bad.

Wilbur

Banned
Enjoy it?

I did, but it was a bit intimidating having to direct a bunch of dads and 40 year olds around. I'd definitely be more comfortable with kids.
no FootyGAF this means nothing

But yeah fun for the most part. Haven't done so much exercise in fucking years. Cheers for all the info on it!

Arnie

I so hope Wilbury takes over when SAF retires.

In 20 years we'll have the Sir Wilbury stand. It'll be the destination for families at the match.

Scum

I did, but it was a bit intimidating having to direct a bunch of dads and 40 year olds around. I'd definitely be more comfortable with kids.

But yeah fun for the most part. Haven't done so much exercise in fucking years. Cheers for all the info on it!

FFMmr.gif

Nice for Juve if it happens.

Haha get to know the group you gain your coaching education with. Networking is the next step. Maybe Summer coaching in the US.

Happy you enjoyed it, always willing ti help people get into coaching.

No idea if it is true, but I hope it's true as well.

No kidding about this pitch. Matri looked like he was wearing wooden shoes on a sheet of ice when he was trying to take that ball from Asamoah. Still, I think Asamoah and Matri have linked up well together so far. Lots of promise, I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOL I hear Lucio made a SECOND fatal mistake? Not sure if merda being merda or the Brazilian-Juve curse.

Carbonox

Nice to see Newcastle beating Fenerbahce with our kids. Bigirimana and Abeid could turn in to really quality players.

Edit: Also nice to see Cisse still try those ridiculous efforts. :lol A whole season of Cisse will be glorious to watch, should his half season with us be a precursor to anything.

Ball bouncing in the box, he jumps for the header, goes right over him for Coutinho to finish. It was shit, but in fairness, it's hard to tell how much that was Lucio and how much is this garbage pitch.

This Masi guy is pretty decent. 19yo. Signed him from a team that just got promoted to Serie B. He's going to play with us this summer then head back to Pro Vercelli to play in Serie B next season. He's pretty tall, fast reaction time. Not bad at all. Hope he gets the time to develop and join us in a couple years in the 1st team.

OH SHIT DAT PASS FROM ASAMOAH. omnomonom

Kyoufu

Nice to see Newcastle beating Fenerbahce with our kids. Bigirimana and Abeid could turn in to really quality players.

Edit: Also nice to see Cisse still try those ridiculous efforts. :lol A whole season of Cisse will be glorious to watch, should his half season with us be a precursor to anything.

1-1 haha

Our defending was poor for that goal.

Arnie

Liverpool friendly starts in about 45 mins right? please tell me theres a reason I've stayed up until 4am.

The teams for both halves are good. Everyone's getting a run out, bar the subs like Lucas. Don't know where Agger is though, not listed in either team or on the bench. Hoping there's a less ominous reason as the one I'm currently spinning around in my brain.

Zabojnik

No, seriously, the pitch makes it impossible to play. Yurt, have faith. Lucio is purging himself. Better now than later ...

We're dominating, as per usual. I know it's a meaningless summer match, but shouldn't Inter be like a lot further condition wise? Vidal, Asamoah, this season is gonna be amazing guys. :D

Darren Can saying more stories coming out on RVP tomorrow. Says the fact that United are being so forthright about their interest is making him doubt that RVP's going to City.

Fuck what is going on with Quagliarella? He used to always hit those half-volleys. He just fucking whiffed that ball so badly.

Edit: and for the record, I realize this is preseason but I'm so Juve-starved, I can't help but analyze this shit.l

Darren Can saying more stories coming out on RVP tomorrow. Says the fact that United are being so forthright about their interest is making him doubt that RVP's going to City.

He himself (as well as others) doubted United's interest before. But why would they want to make it look like they lost out on a player to City?

dc89

He himself (as well as others) doubted United's interest before. But why would they want to make it look like they lost out on a player to City?

Yeah. Like how they were in for Nasri. Maybe they genuinely were, but at least if they appear 'interested' they can say 'well we wanted him, but we were out bid'.

Zabojnik

Fuck what is going on with Quagliarella? He used to always hit those half-volleys. He just fucking whiffed that ball so badly.

Edit: and for the record, I realize this is preseason but I'm so Juve-starved, I can't help but analyze this shit.l

No idea, man. He hasn't been himself since the knee injury ... :|

De Ceglie already tractoring on the left, but I see he's still a 'great' crosser.

Garjon

The teams for both halves are good. Everyone's getting a run out, bar the subs like Lucas. Don't know where Agger is though, not listed in either team or on the bench. Hoping there's a less ominous reason as the one I'm currently spinning around in my brain.

Oh god, please don't be true, the last thing our defence needs is the loss of its best player (IMO)

PaulLFC

Liverpool First-half team: Jones, Enrique, Sama, Carragher, Wisdom, Spearing, Aquilani, Adam, Ibe, Eccleston, Pacheco.

Second-half team: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Adorjan, Shelvey, Suso, Cole, Sterling, Morgan.

Good to see a lot of the reserves and U18s getting match time, will hopefully be a good chance for them to impress Rodgers and try and make the move up to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom