• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Just rushed back from the wedding for the football. Nice reception but I'm gagging for Brenny's first match at Anfield. Red nets are back too.

Kyoufu

Correct, but City could as yet be playing in the Europa later this year (unlikely, but possible).

You're right. Didn't think about that.

Liverpool would have to get knocked out before Agger would be able to play for City in the EL. Provided of course he plays in the group stages and then moves to City. Group stages are in September right?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dreadful first touch from Morgan but a great instinctive cross. She's really talented.

G17

What's making you say that?

He's always been extremely loyal to the club and unlike most footballers, has immediately dismissed any transfers with clear responses like "never". Plus his recent YNWA tattoo just solidifies it.

You have to admire Agger in an age where most footballers don't really care for loyalty and view it just as a job.

Arnie

The way Rodgers just talked about him. The price is going to be astronomical, and not only that, Agger is literally resistant to leaving. The club wants to keep him, he wants to stay, and we're asking for a price that's astronomical.

Seep

He's always been extremely loyal to the club and unlike most footballers, has immediately dismissed any transfers with clear responses like "never". Plus his recent YNWA tattoo just solidifies it.

You have to admire Agger in an age where most footballers don't really care for loyalty and view it just as a job.

I thought those tatts were photoshops.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The way Rodgers just talked about him. The price is going to be astronomical, and not only that, Agger is literally resistant to leaving. The club wants to keep him, he wants to stay, and we're asking for a price that's astronomical.

It's Man City, though. If they really want him they will pay what they have to, they always do.

Hixx

I envy Liverpool for one reason tonight.

They have a night home game. Fuck I miss those... only get maybe 1 a season in the Prem :(

Pachimari

Official: Angel Di María extends his contract with Real Madrid C.F. until 2018. He is loved and wanted at the Bernabéu.

This is fantastic news for all madridistas.

AdLlHl.jpg

EDIT
I see I'm late with the Di María stuff.

And Raphael Varane has been called up for the French National team, so he could get his debut on August 15 against Uruguay, congrats to the lad. :)

bjaelke

Does this mean anything re him being cup tied for the CL if City want him? I never quite get how the rule works in Europe.

They've changed it now so you can play for one team in the qualifying rounds and another in the group stage.

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
Agger can't play in CL group Stage for #MCFC if he moves. [ESPN] #LFC

Maybe EPSN misunderstood how it worked
Saw the episode of Castle last night. Can finally appreciate this gif.

Agger was the one slagging Torres off for going to Chelsea. Maybe there is loyalty in football after all.

<woodenlung>Glue makes you say weird things.</woodenlung>

MPW

Official: Angel Di María extends his contract with Real Madrid C.F. until 2018. He is loved and wanted at the Bernabéu.

This is fantastic news for all madridistas.

AdLlHl.jpg

EDIT
I see I'm late with the Di María stuff.

And Raphael Varane has been called up for the French National team, so he could get his debut on August 15 against Uruguay, congrats to the lad. :)

indeed!

lttp but Canada won bronze in women's soccer (olympics)! fuck yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom