• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
What an idiotic thing to do, playing Kagawa as some kind of Pirlo. You lose all his "explosiveness".

He should play as CM when he's in his 30s.

Clegg

Kagawa as a CM could work if we had Fletcher to do the dirty work in the middle. But since Fletch can't play we shud only use Shinji as an attacking midfielder.

Wilbur

Banned
What an idiotic thing to do, playing Kagawa as some kind of Pirlo. You lose all his "explosiveness".

He should play as CM when he's in his 30s.

I agree but he's been good so far, him and Clev stand outs. Fletch, Clev/Carrick and Shinji would work well I think

dc89

#mcfc are readying a move for Everton and England international midfielder Jack Rodwell (21) who City have watched extensively. [Sky Sports]

Lets go. Mancini and Marwood have kissed and made up.

K1LLER7

Kagawa at CM would be okay against the smaller teams, but I only see him playing there if we play a 4-3-3 and he'll probably play a more advanced role in that midfield similar to iniesta at barca.

Arnie

#mcfc are readying a move for Everton and England international midfielder Jack Rodwell (21) who City have watched extensively. [Sky Sports]

haha oh god, this is brilliant.

He's like Henderson without the bells and whistles.

And yes, I meant what that implies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Barry 2.0

Fry

If Silva gets shutdown by Lucas, so does 'ickle Shinji.

Silva is a midget compared to Yaya.

ifp0a8oQj0TuN.gif

sohois

Sounds like Milner mk.II. I suppose De Jong won't last much longer at City since his contract is running out soon (or am i mistaken?) and Rodwell would be a decent replacement for him, but really you would expect City to be bringing in a much stronger replacement.

Hope this happens so I can stop worrying about us spending money on him.

Cleverley has looked good. Said it many times before, a simple player but super effective for us.

Arnie

Hope this happens so I can stop worrying about us spending money on him.
I know numerous Everton fans who were almost praying United came in and paid big for him. Completely overrated.

Also cute how that link implies City were the ones who scouted Rodwell, and not United.

Rodwell's been a FM wonderkid for some time. I trust in SI's scouting department. Pull the trigger, Mancini!
They're Everton fans.

For reals though, at one stage I did think Rodwell could go on and be a great player but he's done nothing of note for a long time now. Just hasn't kicked on.

Looks like he's doing okay there. Maybe not contributing enough in defense though

Cleverley is the "stayer" and Kagawa is being given licence to roam. Reminds me of last pre-season when we played Cleverley and Giggs in midfield against a MLS team. I wouldn't read too far into it as a predictor for the actual season.

Arnie

Love this gif.

Can't believe the turnaround he had in about 3 seasons. I hated seeing him on the team sheet when Rafa was around

Same. Used to huff and puff like Kyoufu in the transfer window. Now he's on the back of my shirt.

They're Everton fans.

For reals though, at one stage I did think Rodwell could go on and be a great player but he's done nothing of note for a long time now. Just hasn't kicked on.

One word to describe him is 'lacking'.

Not even Everton fans think he's that good.

Lucas really was rubbish though. I can't say I thought he could be good but just had bad luck or played in the wrong system or whatever. He really did not look good.

Now he's ace.

Weird.

Shinji looks very uncomfortable playing in deep positions. He looks great once again in the final third.

And is it just me or has Nani improved his technique from last season (despite it being really fucking good already)?

dc89

They say.. he is a legend.

Lol.

haha oh god, this is brilliant.

He's like Henderson without the bells and whistles.

And yes, I meant what that implies.

I just want to sign someone. Anyone.

Barry 2.0

That will do. Barry is criminally under rated. Pivotal to us last season.

Silva is a midget compared to Yaya.

ifp0a8oQj0TuN.gif

Lucas is the only player in the premier league I've seen that can actually do that to Yaya. Everyone else just shits it.

Sounds like Milner mk.II. I suppose De Jong won't last much longer at City since his contract is running out soon (or am i mistaken?) and Rodwell would be a decent replacement for him, but really you would expect City to be bringing in a much stronger replacement.

Correct. Last year of contract coming up and he wants near to £100k. The Kia effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom